• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm in the same situation as you, though I don't know how the weather is in Toronto.

Luxire has the following options: 
Black (16 oz), Navy (14 oz), grey (12 oz) and camel wool (14 oz) at 249$. The brown twill (11 oz) and grey plaid wool at 16 oz are also at 249$. 

New additions are the Dugdale Charcoal/navy at 25 oz but that brings the total up to 449$. I was originally thinking of getting the quite cheap one in navy at 249$, but I'm afraid 14 oz might get too cold in wintertime. Would you reach for the Luxire peacoat at 449$ with 25 oz dugdale wool?

Will be used for Norwegian autumn/winter - temperatures might drop down to about -10 to -15 degrees celsius.

The Schott peacoat at 32 oz ends up at about almost the same total, but then I think I'd rather get one from Luxire. (with shipping and taxes added to the total) The only one Sterlingwear offers at 32 oz has an unvented back, which imo isn't that great of a look.

The ones they offer at 24 oz aren't that heavy compared to the Luxire one and probably might cost the same as the one from Luxire. (after shipping/taxes)

Right now it's about 10C but it doesn't get to -10 until late December really. I can't wait close to $500 for a peacoat when there are so many on the market but that's just me.

I had a sterlingwear and that was plenty warm with just a sweater underneath so I"m assuming 12oz won't cut it.

LaymanX

Reaction score
Yeah, the offering is a good start, but I'd need at least 32 oz wool to survive in Toronto.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Added an extra warmth quilted lining option for peacoats: Cotton flannel with a layer of wool flannel sandwiched between the shell and the lining.

Weight maths: 16 Oz Shell, 6 Oz Lining, 12 Oz Middle layer: Total 34 Oz.

Still cold? We can make it 56 too!

Last edited:

zeBanker

Reaction score
I just love how Luxire is so flexible it gets along with almost any questions occurring :D

Xtra

Reaction score
Added an extra warmth quilted lining option for peacoats: Cotton flannel with a layer of wool flannel sandwiched between the shell and the lining.

Weight maths: 16 Oz Shell, 6 Oz Lining, 12 Oz Middle layer: Total 34 Oz.

Still cold? We can make it 56 too!

This sounds excellent.

I see this now on the page for the peacoat, and it appears to be a good option to getting a quite thick peacoat at 299 USD vs 450 USD for the Dugdale 25 oz option. Do we add both the fabric we want the jacket to be made of and the lining as two separate items in the shopping cart?
Quote:

Last edited:

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered 2 shirts, and received them within 2 weeks! They fit perfectly, and I'm very happy with the quality. Went with the NOBD 2 collar, and I really like it. I'l be ordering most if not all of my shirts from luxire from now on!

Would like to see more flannel fabrics though, as I really like the grey/blue one I got.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every time I read this thread there's a post from someone with a super-quick turnaround, yet I seem to consistently wait longer for all of my orders. I'm still waiting for a remake on my 2nd shirt, it's been nearly 2 weeks since I placed the order and Luxire hasn't even taken the money out of my PayPal account yet. Hopefully they at least start the work on my shirt by the end of this week. If it fits well, I'm definitely ready to place a large order to replace a significant portion of my old shirt wardrobe.

Last edited:

ErikMil

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

as you might have noticed, this is my first post at Styleforum.net, so hello everybody.

I am posting in the Luxire thread since I wanted to hear different opinions regarding their communication and their process time.

Regarding the products I am more then happy with what I got so far (2 trousers and 6 shirts through 4 orders).
Both trousers and shirts are quality wise by far the best I have seen in this price region. So don't get me mistaken, I love what I have in my wardrobe and will most likely order more.

Only thing that bothers me though (and this is were I fear that it may become a major obstacle for them to keep costumers or expand) is the time communication takes lately and the time production takes (sometimes).

My latest experience is that I received 2 shirts on 28th August, one of them having an asymmetrically cut and sewn collar, which needed to be correct by Luxire. A short email contact with Theresa (incl. a few pictures) revealed the issue and we agreed on sending the shirt to the US facility for further shipment to India. The shirt was sent to their office on 3rd Sept. from Boston. Since I wanted to order another 3 shirts, I told Theresa (to avoid further shipping costs on their side) that they could ship all 4 shirts (the one to be corrected plus the 3 new ones) with one packet, assuming that fixing the issue would take less time then producing 3 entire new shirts.

The 3 newly order shirts arrived on 2nd Oct. 2013. Without the corrected one.
I mailed them and received a reply on 7th Oct. that it will be corrected and shipped "this week" (meaning the week of 7th Oct.).
I mailed again on 16th Oct. that I neither received the shirt nor any shipment notification.
Today 21st Oct. I received the mail that they will TRY and correct/ship this week, as well as an apology because they were held up due to some backlog they had.

I am talking here about a simple collar replacement. No complete remake or similar extensive procedures.
[Update} : To clear up the word "simple", this is meant compared to making 3 entire shirts, not in terms of "easy to do" task.

Am I too harsh with them if I am disappointed by the way (especially time and communication) things are handled? I do understand that Theresa is on her own and that they just started to tackle that issue, still I feel that with a solid issue that happened on their side (the faulty collar) communication should be closer to the customer.
And I fear a bit for the way they are organised, if a single collar replacement can take so long and is postponed that often.

[Update] : I just received an email stating that the shirt will be shipped this week.

Again, this is not to bash Luxire or the products they make, they are absolutely fantastic. It is to get some insight thoughts from you guys, who have clearly more experience with them then I do.

Thanks a lot and have a great week,

Erik

Last edited:

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my flanell-pants and shirt are in production now
smile.gif
Which shirt did you get?

Xtra

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to fellow Canadians and Scandinavians posting up results of their peacoat order. Or even better anybody looking to get something more inline with a longer polo coat or overcoat?

I haven't placed my order yet, have you?

I'm a bit unsure if I will go for the 14 oz navy fabric + premium lining (300$) or the dugdale 25 oz + standard lining or premium lining. Have you decided?

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sure hope they can provide those Dugdale and Minnis swatches I ordered.

Have not been able to confirm order status last I emailed them a week ago, and I recall someone saying they don't stock those fabrics...

Xtra

Reaction score
No, I have not. I'll let the dust settle, given my recent issue.

I think if you want to be able to goto -10C you'll need the 25oz dugdale + premium lining. But if you want -2/3C, probably the 14-16oz is fine with premium lining.

Fair enough....

To be honest, where I live, temperatures seldom drop below -3/4C during winter. It might get as low as -10/15C, but that's more of the exception than the norm during wintertime as I live close to the coast. (western part of Norway)

Also about 200$ in difference is part of the equation, but I don't want to regret my decision once winter kicks in properly. Would be nice to know the weight of the wool in similar peacoats I've owned before, as it would be easy to compare to the one offered by Luxire.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads