1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

I don't have a swatch of that one. Probably because I already have a navy linen shirt. Looks interesting. Order it and show us :).

2. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I ordered swatches for the Navy Linen Chambray and the Navy Chambray Brem. I'll be sure to post pics when they arrive.. paying it forward. :p

3. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

No, I want to see a shirt in that fabric! :)

4. Evolve

Evolve Senior member

What's the typical email response time from Luxire?

5. JW Cyrus

JW Cyrus Active Member

3 people like this.
  6. variancelog

variancelog Senior member

If you read through this thread you'll see that it can vary quite a lot; in other words there isn't a typical response time per se. I'd recommend following up if you haven't heard back in a few days, but keep in mind that Bangalore has many holidays which can affect both response & production times.

7. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

What button down is this? I want to order a BD collar but I'm so confused with all the terms. I have a small neck and I'm pretty slim guy. I"m 5'9 and weight about 145. I like some of the BD I see in this thread but some just too look big for the neck. I want something that won't flop around and will stay as a BD should. I'm not asking for the impossible am I? Edit. So I measured my casual BD from club monaco and J crew. They are both 2.5 inches to 2.75. No wonder I'm thinking your collars are so huge, it's because you guys are doing over 3 inches etc. I think I should be safe with a 3 inch BD collar.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  8. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Luxire, would you be able to make swim shorts using nylon/polyamide quick dry material?

9. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Give a mouse a cookie...

1 person likes this.
  10. Turner

Turner Senior member

Very interested in the pictures! I've ordered this swatch twice, but always got thick linen without anything white (navy warp and navy weft), probably some kind of trousering.

11. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

That's what I got too.

12. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Can't believe that fabric hadn't been ordered lately. @Turner and @Gibonius , did you ask Therese if that was the right swatch or not?

13. Turner

Turner Senior member

The difference in color to the picture at the website and the weight and stiffness are so obvious, I wouldn't even bother.

My swatch looks like that (bottom left):

[​IMG]

14. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Holy crap. I'm happy I ordered a swatch before the shirt. That does say navy linen chambray on the swatch... and there's only one on the website.. @luxire , care to assist?

Thanks!

15. JW Cyrus

JW Cyrus Active Member

It's almost certainly http://luxire.com/products/navy-linen

16. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

This certainly needs a sticky of its own. Makes one fly....

...and this brings right down :)

That is again the wrong swatch. Will have that corrected too.

1 person likes this.
  17. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

At the very least, I'm 100% confident you wouldn't have made a shirt out of the Navy Linen pant fabric. It'd still be nice to see the swatch though. I'll be ordering my swatches soon so they ship with my shirt. This Navy Linen Chambray is definitely on there.

Thanks!

18. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

I never even thought that it might not be the right fabric, just assumed they had switched to a different supplier or something and the fabric wasn't the same as the one pictured on the website.

I've gotten obviously wrong swatches a couple times. It's not a big deal, given that they're just swatches, but it's certainly slowing my ordering down. Couple shirts I'd like to order, but don't want to until I get the swatch so it gets put off until the next order.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  19. jko

jko Senior member

A lot of similarly named fabrics leads to misunderstandings — fabric codes would eliminate this.

4 people like this.
  20. dohare

dohare Senior member

Does luxire leave any fabric on the inseams/hems/seat to be taken out? this may seem like a dumb question.