1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. smoothmoose

smoothmoose Senior member

Yes, a reference point would be nice. My current peacoat is also a wool/poly shell (unknown weight), with quilted poly stuffed lining and it's good to about -1/2C.

2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

It's a crapshoot...I got lucky and was able to get about 3 Minnis swatches with my last order.

3. Xtra

Xtra Senior member

I had a wool/poly peacoat (70% wool, 30 % poly) with some lining and it worked quite well in the same temperature range as yours. Unfortunately I don't know the weight of the wool, but I've sent an email to the brands customer service asking about that, will update here when I know anything more. Unfortunately that one was stolen and the peacoats I can find in local B&M stores are too expensive, too much poly in the wool blend or just too ugly/bulky, so I think the Luxire one will be a lot better.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  4. smoothmoose

smoothmoose Senior member

And just to clarify with sterlingwear (i've never own one). I confirmed with them and the weights they specify is shell only. So i assume there is some added warmth from the Lining they provide.

5. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

Anyone have a piqué button down in the works or shipped to them already? Also I wanted to mimick the loro piano polo collar on a short sleeve polo in the piqué fabric as well do I just need to attach pictures?

6. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

I've got a white one.

Got a grey and navy in production. I attempted to replicate a Kent Wang collar, and I think it came out reasonably well.

I'll take a photo at some point.

7. althanis

althanis Senior member

What I do for winter here in Toronto is use my peacoat until it hits around -5 or so, and then my Canada Goose, which I know for some people is the last thing they'd wear. But I have to say it keeps quite toasty, and I'm happy with it.

My brother is thinking of getting one from Luxire though, so I'm looking forward to that.

8. table21

table21 Senior member

So, I am now on my second shirt from luxire, the first one was too tight (my fault I provided measurements that were off) the second shirt fits great. However, despite specifying in the comment box to use the same collar as the first shirt, the shirt I received today has a very different collar attached. Not really sure what to do about this? Also I would like to order more shirts now that I have got my measurements down however I don't know how to ensure I get the right collar.

9. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

May I ask when you ordered your polo?
    My shirt made of the grey pique turned out with measurements which were far off as well as a collar which was not similiar to the Kent Wang polo collar, which I too asked for.
    I will return it for a remake, but of course I am very interested to learn about other customer's experiences and if Luxire learned more about the stretch of the pique fabrics.

10. Ketawa

Ketawa Senior member

FedEx delivered the Classic Blue Oxford that I ordered yesterday. My second order, third shirt overall. The measurements are spot on. I also ordered some swatches; I'm going to have to get 3 more OCBDs to wear untucked with jeans (pink, white, gray). I'll also have to pick out some casual tattersalls or similar pattern.

FWIW, I sent in the order on Saturday, October 5 and the shirt was shipped Thursday, October 17.

11. Ketawa

Ketawa Senior member

A MTM peacoat at a reasonable price? I might have to take the plunge. Currently, I have a 42XL Sterlingwear where I had the bottom hem taken up, and otherwise it fits kind of boxy. I haven't found another brand with arms that are long enough for me.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  12. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

I also have a grey pique shirt made by Luxire and 2 Kent Wang's polos. The shirt is okay, the measurements are spot on, but the collar "collapses," it doesn't hold its shape properly, so I wear that shirt very infrequently. The KW polos are my hands down favorites in the summer. To be fair to Luxire, I have other shirts made by them, and they are the best-fitting shirts I have.

13. fridayfrenzy

fridayfrenzy Senior member

Anyone have any dress pant fabric they would recommend? I am looking at sending in a pair of trousers to have replicated.

14. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Maybe Luxire can shed some light on how they're doing their polo collars at the moment. I ordered my white one about two months ago.

I like the collar although it does curl under itself a touch. Pretty good though. I didn't try and change it for the second order.

15. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

I didn't specify it but the first polo shirt collar of mine came with unfused lining, I was going to ask to have the collar made unlined in the remake, as I think the pique itself should be strong enough to hold itself.
    Would you disagree?