• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Xtra

Reaction score
Yes, a reference point would be nice. My current peacoat is also a wool/poly shell (unknown weight), with quilted poly stuffed lining and it's good to about -1/2C.

Got a quick reply from one of the manufacturers (Bruunz Bazaar - DK brand) and they said their peacoat was made with 26 oz wool. Its not the exact same jacket as I had from BB, but I'm guessing the weight is quite similar to the model I owned.

That jacket was 70% WO/30% PO, and the cheapest Luxire one is (well for navy 14 oz) is 90% WO/10% PO, which I'm guessing also might affect how warm it feels.

jko

Reaction score
Unrelated, but where is that fair isle sweater from? Exactly what I've been looking for.

Jacket looks nice as well.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice jacket.

"Action pleats" in the back would have been nice as well for that one:

dpuWjol.jpg

vXMMicT.jpg

joewmoss

Reaction score
I also have a grey pique shirt made by Luxire and 2 Kent Wang's polos. The shirt is okay, the measurements are spot on, but the collar "collapses," it doesn't hold its shape properly, so I wear that shirt very infrequently. The KW polos are my hands down favorites in the summer. To be fair to Luxire, I have other shirts made by them, and they are the best-fitting shirts I have.
The collar is what's keeping me from ordering the pique just yet. I'm thinking that fusing might provide some needed structure? This may be worth some discussion with Luxire before ordering anything. I've noticed that if you leave something crucial un-discussed, then you are rolling the dice and may or may not get what you thought you would.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Unrelated, but where is that fair isle sweater from? Exactly what I've been looking for.

Jacket looks nice as well.
From Kohls (Chaps) about 4 years ago.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The collar is what's keeping me from ordering the pique just yet. I'm thinking that fusing might provide some needed structure?

Here's a photo I posted a while back of a white pique Luxire polo I had made. I went for a man-sized Tom Ford-style collar, unfused, and it's soft (as you'd want for a polo collar) but holds up pretty well. My only caveat is that the pique did shrink a little in the wash so make sure to account for that in your measurements.

Bonus content in this photo: Luxire custom cargo chinos.

table21

Reaction score
Does this problem happen to anyone else? my shirt collar changed from the last order. I requested that I be the same as the last batch I got.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ looks like collar size, length and style changed? which one is the latest order? Im curious as I just placed another batch with reference to previous order.

Last edited:

emiristol

Reaction score
Any chance you guys will be making something like this in the near future?

Liverano Safari Jacket\

table21

Reaction score
^^ looks like collar size, length and style changed? which one is the latest order? Im curious as I just placed another batch with reference to previous order.

I changed the collar size by a 1/4 inch, however I asked in the comment box to ensure I get the same collar. This is not a disaster in anyway however I am just not sure how I even tell them that on future shirts I would like the original collar.

Note: the one on top is the first shirt and the collar that I want. The one on the bottom is way they sent me yesterday.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I changed the collar size by a 1/4 inch, however I asked in the comment box to ensure I get the same collar.  This is not a disaster in anyway however I am just not sure how I even tell them that on future shirts I would like the original collar.
Note: the one on top is the first shirt and the collar that I want.  The one on the bottom is way they sent me yesterday.
wait, if you asked for a +.25 inch then asking to keep the same collar from a previous order, it seems conflicting to me.
As you pointed out, ti doesn't look bad at all, as long as other measurements are spot on. I normally sent a separate email with latest order# with instructions "For measurements please use order# xxxx, with the following changes: 1. xxxxx 2.- xxxxx ...." So far everything has been spot on...

Amontilado

Reaction score
FWIW, I sent in the order on Saturday, October 5 and the shirt was shipped Thursday, October 17.

Is this the usual turnaround time now? I placed order for 1 shirt on October 6 and still order unfullfilled (payment authorized - what does it mean?).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads