• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

The Dirty Pigeon

Reaction score
Definitely suggest doing trial jacket. My process was years ago and took some back and forth to India but haven’t had any issues with collar gap on my jackets (I’ve had 5 made between 2016 and 2020). Luxire also informed me that they’ve since improved their jacket program so I may give it another go down the line.
Did you ever provide any photos of your posture or how an existing non-Luxire jacket fits?

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely suggest doing trial jacket. My process was years ago and took some back and forth to India but haven’t had any issues with collar gap on my jackets (I’ve had 5 made between 2016 and 2020). Luxire also informed me that they’ve since improved their jacket program so I may give it another go down the line.
I don't see the option for jackets or suits on their website. Am I missing something?

The Dirty Pigeon

Reaction score
I don't see the option for jackets or suits on their website. Am I missing something?
The suits link is hidden under “outerwear” but you’ll only see a short list of options. Luxire told me that you can request a suit or jacket in any of the pants fabrics—you just need to email them to get a price quote based on the details and fabric you wish to order. I have found that by typing “hidden” in their search field, you will see a bunch of options for the different style details that you can choose from (lapel styles, jacket styles, pockets, buttons, etc). It’s not an ideal user experience but makes sense if you’re placing your order via email and then paying through the website.

Megakurth

Reaction score
Did you ever provide any photos of your posture or how an existing non-Luxire jacket fits?
Yes. I met Ashish when he came for the NY trunk show and wore the best fitting suit I had at the time. He took measurements and a few photos. The initial jacket was sent 3 months later and took 6 months and 3-4 trips to get right. Subsequent jackets were much less complicated but did require a trip or two back and forth.

Overall I am satisfied and am told the process has greatly improved.

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The suits link is hidden under “outerwear” but you’ll only see a short list of options. Luxire told me that you can request a suit or jacket in any of the pants fabrics—you just need to email them to get a price quote based on the details and fabric you wish to order. I have found that by typing “hidden” in their search field, you will see a bunch of options for the different style details that you can choose from (lapel styles, jacket styles, pockets, buttons, etc). It’s not an ideal user experience but makes sense if you’re placing your order via email and then paying through the website.
Ah. Thank you!

The Dirty Pigeon

Reaction score
Yes. I met Ashish when he came for the NY trunk show and wore the best fitting suit I had at the time. He took measurements and a few photos. The initial jacket was sent 3 months later and took 6 months and 3-4 trips to get right. Subsequent jackets were much less complicated but did require a trip or two back and forth.

Overall I am satisfied and am told the process has greatly improved.
I should probably know the answer to this by now but when/where does Luxire communicate their trunk show dates and locations?

The Dirty Pigeon

Reaction score
I started the process of my first jacket with Luxire. I decided to go with a dark grey flannel fabric (Dugdale) that I already have in trousers so, assuming all goes well, I'll have a decent flannel suit and some separates when all is complete. I noticed some earlier recommendations to avoid this fabric for suiting but I like the trousers and figured it would be a good test. I emailed some posture photos along with measurements and styling details via email. Additionally, I am sending a sample jacket that fits well around the collar since I’ve struggled with collar gap on previous made to measure experiments. I have requested an at-home trial fitting so, whenever that arrives, I’ll post some photos for feedback. If this works out, I’ll also do a mid/light grey suit with some casual styling details, a new tuxedo and a dinner jacket as well. Wish me luck.

Last edited:

kritios

Reaction score
I recently ordered some trousers in Brisbane Moss Cream 12 Wale Corduroy. It's on the pricey side, but it's a wonderful fabric. It's lightly brushed on the interior and feels great to wear. At the same time it feels harder and structured on the exterior, holding a nice crease. The cream color is pretty versatile. We'll see how they hold up over time and how much I spill on them as I expect to wear them frequently this winter, but for now I'm a happy customer.

Attachments

• IMG_4054.jpeg
    IMG_4054.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 385

Richard23

Reaction score
@LuxireStudio what does your resolution process typically entail for items that are not up to spec?

I paid to have a shirt shipped, then an additional $30 fee on top of fabric cost to have it duplicated with some size adjustments and the tailor went "off the rails" for lack of a better term.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@LuxireStudio what does your resolution process typically entail for items that are not up to spec?

I paid to have a shirt shipped, then an additional $30 fee on top of fabric cost to have it duplicated with some size adjustments and the tailor went "off the rails" for lack of a better term.

Our customer service team is very focused on finding solutions to any issues that may occur.
Do send us an email and we will find you a solution.

DWave

Reaction score
Received my Black Friday orders today, and I've finally got my pant measurements correct.
I have 6 trousers from Luxire already, and have been tweaking them bit by bit per order. In the past I had the pant legs too long, and had to take them to the tailor with every order. I was always hesitant in changing the length measurements because all the other measurements were spot on. I hence decided to give a test run on one of the trousers, and changed the measurements to what I thought they should be.
Seema did a great job here in reaching out asking whether the measurements should replicated also on the other pair, and was referencing my previous orders.
After explaining my historical issues with the length measurements, Luxire executed the latest orders perfectly!

Additionally, Luxire seems to be the only vendor I've come across so far who are able to accommodate my torso build right out of the box. Really happy with the overall order, even though I was a bit hesitant about the 10% nylon inclusion in the pants' fabric.

The images are taken right after unboxing.

Left image:
Navy Wool flannel pants
Lustrous Fine White Shirt

Right image:
Grey Wool flannel pants
Zegna Pale Blue Herringbone shirt

Attachments

• Luxire 11122023.jpg
    Luxire 11122023.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 279

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Why is a small percent of nylon/polyester added to natural fibers? It is always to enhance the property of the otherwise all natural fabric.

For example, when 2% elastane is added to yarns, it is for adding stretch.

Adding 5/10/20 % man-made fibers usually add complexity to the weaving, dyeing and processing of fabrics. It is thus not done to reduce costs.

Washing stability, faster drying, moisture wicking, temperature regulation, easy ironing are some of the properties that this blending adds to the fabrics.

We are seeing more and more such blends that have almost magical properties.

Seaminglyso

Reaction score
Why is a small percent of nylon/polyester added to natural fibers? It is always to enhance the property of the otherwise all natural fabric.

For example, when 2% elastane is added to yarns, it is for adding stretch.

Adding 5/10/20 % man-made fibers usually add complexity to the weaving, dyeing and processing of fabrics. It is thus not done to reduce costs.

Washing stability, faster drying, moisture wicking, temperature regulation, easy ironing are some of the properties that this blending adds to the fabrics.

We are seeing more and more such blends that have almost magical properties.
huh! Who knew! I thought it was for sure for costs.

Blastwice

Reaction score
Black Friday haul came in

ripstop black.jpg

Ripstop Black Chino Pants - I had these made with a Hollywood waistband and single front pleats. This ripstop material is still at an incredible price and makes for great pants.

greyjeans.jpg

Dark Grey Stretchable Jeans - I wanted some new jeans. All of this stuff is straight out of the box, so wrinkles.

charcoalwool.jpg

Charcoal Grey Recycled Wool - Another really great value material. Warm, thick, and it looks great too.

twill.jpg

Ethomas Stone Cavalry Twill - While looking quite wrinkly out of the box, Luxire was right-- perfect for golf pants. Also perfect for the office!

moleskin.jpg

Modrone Fox Brown Moleskin - What a fabric. Super plush and soft, a perfect brown color, and lightweight, but still very cozy. Highly recommend.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads