• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Black Friday haul came in

View attachment 2090737

Ripstop Black Chino Pants - I had these made with a Hollywood waistband and single front pleats. This ripstop material is still at an incredible price and makes for great pants.

View attachment 2090739

Dark Grey Stretchable Jeans - I wanted some new jeans. All of this stuff is straight out of the box, so wrinkles.

View attachment 2090741

Charcoal Grey Recycled Wool - Another really great value material. Warm, thick, and it looks great too.

View attachment 2090743

Ethomas Stone Cavalry Twill - While looking quite wrinkly out of the box, Luxire was right-- perfect for golf pants. Also perfect for the office!

View attachment 2090749

Modrone Fox Brown Moleskin - What a fabric. Super plush and soft, a perfect brown color, and lightweight, but still very cozy. Highly recommend.
Wow! Great choices! Also, loving the suspenders. I asked for suspender buttons in my latest order of pants.

br77

Reaction score
saw someone else post this, but didn't see a resolution. my wishlist doesn't show up when i click the link from the my account page.
i get the same thing, and i don't think there is any resolution. the wishlist feature seems to be gone for good, with no prior warning and no explanation even after the fact. very frustrating, especially when you consider how rudimentary their search function is.

i haven't ordered from luxire in a while but i'll give them another try for a pair of linen pants. but i do wonder if people have tried (and are happy with) any of their competitors. my experience with luxire has always been a mixed bag but slowly the negatives are starting to outweigh the positives.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
i get the same thing, and i don't think there is any resolution. the wishlist feature seems to be gone for good, with no prior warning and no explanation even after the fact. very frustrating, especially when you consider how rudimentary their search function is.

i haven't ordered from luxire in a while but i'll give them another try for a pair of linen pants. but i do wonder if people have tried (and are happy with) any of their competitors. my experience with luxire has always been a mixed bag but slowly the negatives are starting to outweigh the positives.
As you have not ordered in a while, if ever, it would be nice to order now and experience the quality and the service.

Your opinion will also then add value.

br77

Reaction score
As you have not ordered in a while, if ever, it would be nice to order now and experience the quality and the service.

Your opinion will also then add value.
don't worry, i have experienced the quality as i have ordered about six pairs of pants from you, and i don't have any real complaints about the final product (though you could offer better hardware - zippers and side adjusters - but that's a minor point).

however, speaking of experience, that starts with your website, and i think even your most loyal customers would agree the search function is pretty hard to use and at times quite confusing. the wish list did help with that since at least i could save the fabrics i liked in one place, but now that's gone with all the pants and shirts that i had saved for potential future orders. so yes, that's pretty frustrating. and i think it says something that while you took the time to reply to my comment, you still didn't address its main point, even as i'm at least the third person to mention it recently in this thread.

so briefly i like your end product, but your website frankly sucks. since the end product is what matters, i'm happy to use luxire again (once i manage to find my favorite fabrics again!), but you guys definitely don't make it easy.

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
don't worry, i have experienced the quality as i have ordered about six pairs of pants from you, and i don't have any real complaints about the final product (though you could offer better hardware - zippers and side adjusters - but that's a minor point).

however, speaking of experience, that starts with your website, and i think even your most loyal customers would agree the search function is pretty hard to use and at times quite confusing. the wish list did help with that since at least i could save the fabrics i liked in one place, but now that's gone with all the pants and shirts that i had saved for potential future orders. so yes, that's pretty frustrating. and i think it says something that while you took the time to reply to my comment, you still didn't address its main point, even as i'm at least the third person to mention it recently in this thread.

so briefly i like your end product, but your website frankly sucks. since the end product is what matters, i'm happy to use luxire again (once i manage to find my favorite fabrics again!), but you guys definitely don't make it easy.
To add on (not pile on) to this, I think it would be great to keep your fabrics as a separate dimension that customers could choose. I should be able to choose a fabric, combine my style, options and sizing to create an item.

This would allow you to carry a broader variety of fabrics including premium fabrics. For example, I'm looking for a tropical weight wool in light brown for a pair of trousers and I can't find them.

My $.02 as a recent customer.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I agree on the website! Even after multiple revisions we have always fallen behind time.

Wishlist was a plugin we were using that suddenly died. Will try to find a replacement.

It is the product we pride ourselves upon and am glad that has not disappointed you.

But the whole experience needs to be better. We will work on these shortcomings with renewed force again.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
To add on (not pile on) to this, I think it would be great to keep your fabrics as a separate dimension that customers could choose. I should be able to choose a fabric, combine my style, options and sizing to create an item.

This would allow you to carry a broader variety of fabrics including premium fabrics. For example, I'm looking for a tropical weight wool in light brown for a pair of trousers and I can't find them.

My $.02 as a recent customer.
Thank you!
Yes, website does need a lot of work. Will get started.

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you!
Yes, website does need a lot of work. Will get started.
I have to say that overall, I really appreciate your service. The responsiveness of your customer service team that I have experienced sets you apart.

Looking forward to a new website and more importantly more fabric choices.

Blastwice

Reaction score
My thoughts on this topic as someone who has ordered a lot from Luxire:
  • New site has always had some bugs, like when you are looking at a specific item and then click search box and then type something and hit enter, instead of searching it adds the current item to the cart. This bug has been here since day 1 of new site. (I learned to always go to the mainpage again to start a search, but seems like it should work everywhere by default.)
  • I agree with PPK that it would be nice to have a pipeline of Fabric--> Pattern & Type of Garment --> Sizing --> Cart, since this is the way I think when I order. (but also this is maybe not ideal for a new customer who wants Jeans --> What kind? etc. so I get it)
    • It can be confusing when a similar or same fabric is available in multiple pants items at different pricing (Ghurkas vs. jeans, but same cloth), because it's not always clear if the difference is just the upcharge for (Ghurkas) or an upcharge plus a deal (to sell more Ghurkas) or if you might get a slightly cheaper price by picking the cheaper one and building out your own pattern
  • Really wish there was an easily accessible page with details for suit/shirt jackets. Maybe this is via email (for orders) for all to ensure accuracy and understanding, but I wish there was a nice page where you go over your jacket craftsmanship, maybe go over the default cuts/patterns for DB, single breasted, dinner jacket, etc.
    • You used to have this (in a blog format?) because sometimes if I google search I can find these pages in seemingly your site but not easily accessible
    • I say this because the construction and suiting is great from Luxire but traditionally I feel like this has been an "advanced" level customer ordering these garments since it's not apparent from the site that its easy to order a custom jacket, for instance.
Email service, craftsmanship, before and after order support --> in my mind, all these things are pretty great at Luxire and they have really helped with fitting me remotely, helping with order issues (maybe 2 total (and at least one was my own error) in many many orders), and anything via email.

KWang94

Reaction score
I agree on the website! Even after multiple revisions we have always fallen behind time.

Wishlist was a plugin we were using that suddenly died. Will try to find a replacement.

It is the product we pride ourselves upon and am glad that has not disappointed you.

But the whole experience needs to be better. We will work on these shortcomings with renewed force again.

Have you guys looked into hiring an external third-party to build your site? Clearly, whatever efforts so far have just not worked. I've ordered from Luxire in the past but the one thing stopping me (and I'm sure many others) from ordering more is the website.
As a source of inspiration, Collaro has probably has one of the cleanest websites for custom menswear that I think you guys could draw a great deal fo inspiration from in terms of UI/UX

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Have you guys looked into hiring an external third-party to build your site? Clearly, whatever efforts so far have just not worked. I've ordered from Luxire in the past but the one thing stopping me (and I'm sure many others) from ordering more is the website.
As a source of inspiration, Collaro has probably has one of the cleanest websites for custom menswear that I think you guys could draw a great deal fo inspiration from in terms of UI/UX
Thank you for sharing.
We have been using third party agencies but possibly not the right ones.

This time, we will not be so experimental and simply go with the best practices.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads