• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Bersabee

Reaction score
Anyone know a similar fabric to this color? Was looking for something wool based but will take other suggestions.

1651872685307.png

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know a similar fabric to this color? Was looking for something wool based but will take other suggestions.

View attachment 1789044
The e-Thomas cavalry twill golf pants looks very similar. I highly recommend it. Doesn’t look like a cavalry twill at all, the twill ribbing is very discrete, rather looks like a chino. But it has amazing drape and is very sturdy at 450g. I love my trousers so much I ordered a few meters of the fabric to have my tailor make a matching jacket.

For cotton, try their warzone chino fabric. Also similar in color, lightweight but very hard wearing.

Alternatively, search “chino” and a plethora of similar choices in cotton will show up.

110F6DF1-739F-40B2-885D-903DCC1A3A06.jpeg

Bersabee

Reaction score
The e-Thomas cavalry twill golf pants looks very similar. I highly recommend it. Doesn’t look like a cavalry twill at all, the twill ribbing is very discrete, rather looks like a chino. But it has amazing drape and is very sturdy at 450g. I love my trousers so much I ordered a few meters of the fabric to have my tailor make a matching jacket.

For cotton, try their warzone chino fabric. Also similar in color, lightweight but very hard wearing.

Alternatively, search “chino” and a plethora of similar choices in cotton will show up.

View attachment 1789157
Much appreciated for the detailed reply!!!!

tilesomoole

Reaction score
Ok....after numerous positive experiences with Luxire I went ahead and ordered a suit. I'm sending in a MTM suit to copy with some tweaks that aren't available with the MTM company (lower button stance, etc.)

I did a casual VBC twill for my first try (link below in case anyone is interested) as the fabric lends itself to being worn as a suit or odd trousers / sportcoat. I ordered patch pockets, and the sample suit jacket is about 1/2-3/4" shorter than a formal suit, which should be about right for splitting it up.

Has anyone seen this fabric in person or own something in it?

https://luxire.com/products/copy-of...le-select=no-style-selected-or-sending-sample)

bigjppop

Reaction score
I’ve decided to go ahead and make my way to Munich in the next two weeks to visit the Luxire shop and get started on building a new wardrobe. I think I’ll start with a navy suit and a white or blue dress shirt. If I can get those dialed in correctly, I’ll add more.

Of course I’ll listen to the advice of the team in the shop, but I’d love some tips here on What to ask for in this first suit. I’ll be moving to Washington DC this summer so I’d like to be mindful of the hot/humid weather. My work doesn’t require super formal dress so I’ll have some flexibility. I’d also like to ask, do you have any tips for trying to use this jacket as my “navy blazer” as well or is that simply a fools errand. I’d like to keep this new wardrobe pretty tight and focused and if I can get double duty out of the jacket, I’d like to.

steiger

Reaction score
I’ve decided to go ahead and make my way to Munich in the next two weeks to visit the Luxire shop and get started on building a new wardrobe. I think I’ll start with a navy suit and a white or blue dress shirt. If I can get those dialed in correctly, I’ll add more.

Of course I’ll listen to the advice of the team in the shop, but I’d love some tips here on What to ask for in this first suit. I’ll be moving to Washington DC this summer so I’d like to be mindful of the hot/humid weather. My work doesn’t require super formal dress so I’ll have some flexibility. I’d also like to ask, do you have any tips for trying to use this jacket as my “navy blazer” as well or is that simply a fools errand. I’d like to keep this new wardrobe pretty tight and focused and if I can get double duty out of the jacket, I’d like to.

If the suit dosen't have to be that formal, pick a not so shiny fabric, reduce the padding/struction and choose patch pockets and you will be able to use it as an sport coat aswell without anyone thinking twice.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire I can't log in with my account on the .de site. Do I have to register a new account?
Yes, you will need to create a new account. We recommend using the same email id on both sites.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I second this; I've got the EThomas Stone Cavalry Twill from Luxire as well and it looks very much like the fabric in the picture. I also second the recommendation: It does look like a chino, but the fabric has a great drape and feel.
Did you try the navy one yet? I'm strongly considering but might hold off until fall.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads