• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

joewmoss

Reaction score
The up-and-coming pique fabrics will make for some interesting dress shirts. I've one pique collar shirt already, it combines the best of two worlds: the coolness of pique mesh and the smartness of tailored shirts. The fabric creases very little.
I don't think I've seen something like that before. Could post a photo of it?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Luxire: What colour is the off-white poplin 100/2? On the website it looks like it's leaning towards blue/white but typically off-white is more cream.

A very light shade of cream. It is almost white.

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't think I've seen something like that before. Could post a photo of it?

Here we go, though the original article is in Finnish:

http://www.keikari.com/blogi/merssikauluspaita/

Eksentrisyyksi%C3%A4_merssikauluspaita2.jpg

joewmoss

Reaction score
Here we go, though the original article is in Finnish:

http://www.keikari.com/blogi/merssikauluspaita/

Eksentrisyyksi%C3%A4_merssikauluspaita2.jpg
Thanks, I actually did a search on the internet and found an exameple of one in navy colored material which looked similar to this one. Looks like an interesting alternative to linen and I wouldn't have thought of this on my own if I hadn't seen your post on yesterday.

I'm wondering though if Luxire could put a bit of structure into the collar though. Most probably they can.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone ask: Luxire, can you do women's? And if so, what would be the cost of a suit jacket + skirt? My wife has a helluva time finding a jacket that fits (she literally never has), and has to wear a suit regularly for court. What about for a skirt by itself? Accompanying question: are there plans for suiting fabrics that are more "base" than just the dugdale?

Many thanks

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone ask: Luxire, can you do women's? And if so, what would be the cost of a suit jacket + skirt? My wife has a helluva time finding a jacket that fits (she literally never has), and has to wear a suit regularly for court. What about for a skirt by itself?

Many thanks

shog[1].gif
yes..PM please

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is there a difference? Which one is Luxire going to offer? Just curious...

There are significant differences, knitted with be more like you polo shirts.

We will offer the knitted ones for now. Have been on the lookout for the woven ones too but they have been elusive so far.

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luxire, that old shirt of mine was a lucky find on eBay. It feels very much like the pique used on most polo shirts, flexible and nearly wrinkle-free without chemicals. It has a fused construction, though, and I'll sell it onwards once I've bought replacement shirts from you.

joewmoss

Reaction score
There are significant differences, knitted with be more like you polo shirts.

We will offer the knitted ones for now. Have been on the lookout for the woven ones too but they have been elusive so far.
Yeah, I assumed that you were mostly talking the polo kind from the earlier posts...that's okay. I still think it might work for constructing a formal shirt though if you're willing to do it. My only only question would be on how to incorporate a modest amount of structure in certain key places like collars and cuffs and plackets.

Ketawa

Reaction score
I received my Classic Blue Oxford and Tuxedo Shirt today. Luxire nailed the measurements on both. I love the fabric on the oxford and the split yoke was a pleasant surprise. I'll probably have to order the full range of white, pink, and gray OCBDs to round out my untucked shirt choices. Then on to some of the linen shirts. The pleat front on the tuxedo shirt seems well done also.

But since they absolutely nailed the measurements, can anyone confirm from experience that their shirts haven't shrunk? I sized based on where I'd like the shirts to end up when fully shrunk. I'm aware that the fabric is pre-washed, just hoping for some confirmation.

Last edited:

joewmoss

Reaction score
I received my Classic Blue Oxford and Tuxedo Shirt today. Luxire nailed the measurements on both. I love the fabric on the oxford and the split yoke was a pleasant surprise. I'll probably have to order the full range of white, pink, and gray OCBDs to round out my untucked shirt choices. Then on to some of the linen shirts. The pleat front on the tuxedo shirt seems well done also.

But since they absolutely nailed the measurements, can anyone confirm from experience that their shirts haven't shrunk? I sized based on where I'd like the shirts to end up when fully shrunk. I'm aware that the fabric is pre-washed, just hoping for some confirmation
Not sure that dry cleaning counts in regards to shrinkage, but I've had my warzone white ocbd cleaned several times already and no shrinkage that I can detect.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads