1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

You'll need to discuss with them. It took a few emails and a 2nd iteration to get it right. Theyll tell you that the measurement to give them is largest measurement and the one you wear it at. I tend to wear mine in the tightened mode usually and loosen later in day. Like I said, contact them about it.

2. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

"While Ambrosi pants look natural the Luxire one doesn't." I completely agree.

3. TTO

TTO Senior member

It looks to me more like there isn't enough fullness in the front of the upper legs to accommodate the pleat so it's pulling out and not draping nicely. Of course these are straight out of the box and so un-ironed, I suspect they are probably fine as Timo seems to understand what he wants and how to go about getting it. -TTO

1 person likes this.
  4. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

When you raise the rise, your waist measurement, as a general proposition, should slightly increase. You, however, are simultaneously decreasing it. Your pants might turn out to be too tight in the waist.

5. kulata

kulata Senior member

+1

More fabric in the front waist and hip area and you get the same look as the ambrosi's

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  6. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

Is it an issue of fit or is it simply that the fabric doesnt drape properly? I don't have any pants from Luxire, but a lot of chino fabric doesn't drape well.

7. ashjini

ashjini Well-Known Member

Frankly, I think its perception. Somewhere, there is a mindset that a 500$ item must be better than a 90$ one.
    I do not see an drape perfection in the Ambrosi either. Something to do with the nature of chinos. Also, the Luxire didn't even get ironed before the shoot.

8. ammanati

ammanati Senior member

I disagree. That was my first impression when looked at the photo. Something is not exactly right in the midsection. I cant explain the reason but you must see something isn't natural.
    Regarding 500 $ trousers. I haven't stated anywhere they're worth 500. I have a luxire pair of pants and they're of a tremendous price-quality value.

9. ammanati

ammanati Senior member

Agreed!

10. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

Expecting a pair of ripstop cargo pants with DAKS and belt loops. I should have them Monday night.

11. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

This is because the pants are slightly too tight across the seat. Increasing the seat measurements by an inch or so should take care of it.
    not if you're not fat.

12. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

Or ill-proportioned.

1 person likes this.
  13. ashjini

ashjini Well-Known Member

Something has blinded me. I will wait to see another image from op to hopefully disagree :)

14. timotune

timotune Senior member

re: pents creases.

I took them out of the package, which came from India to Vienna. Stuffed them in my Filson at work and took them home. Put them on before dinner (because I was so excited, lel). Sat around for two hours. Decided to get some quick pictures.

Of course, they cannot really be compared to Ambrosi pents and the measurements are not 100% right (it was the FIRST order), but excuse some wrinkles and pulling on fresh-out-of-the-box cotton pants :nodding:

Thanks for your input, though. It is much appreciated. The pants are indeed a bit tight in the seat.

I will tell Luxire to make the waist & waist (seam only) 0.25 wider for my new order. Do you guys think that will solve the issues?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  15. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

Linen Safari Jacket

8 people like this.
  16. MattR

MattR Senior member

placed an order last week. shipped in the last 24 hours. goddamn, luxire, that is some good turn-around time. haven't been excited for a tuesday in awhile.

1 person likes this.
  17. ammanati

ammanati Senior member

Edit: Pants were just out from the box.
    My midsection fit in Luxire grey flannel pants. They do look like '500$' trousers from Ambrosi, besides cheaper fabric of course. They definitely look natural in that section.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  18. TTO

TTO Senior member

Very, very nice.
    -TTO

19. timotune

timotune Senior member

perfect!