• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levis 514, raw

mr. burns

Reaction score
so the raw indigo version from american jeans is back ordered. i was going to pick up some 'tumbled rigid'. do they stretch as much as the pre-distressed versions?

gah, nevermind. got the answer on the previous page.

mr. burns

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs
How do you put it on backorder?
i don't know. they were going to be a gift but i was told they were backordered without any clue when they'd be restocked. doesn't sound promising. i went to macy's, though, and picked up what looks like a one wash/soak pair if 514s. they're a really deep indigo and have the dye warnings. maybe they're the tumbled rigid. i don't know. they're pretty soft, and not as stiff/raw as the various 501s, but i can see the start of some combs after an hour or two. might be too soft for whiskering, though.

mr. burns

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GY!BE
anybody order from americanjeans?

if so did the order come through ok

just wondering

still back ordered.

got this pair from macy's. not bad for $35. this is after one week. looks like they have a huge waist but they're 31s. really hard to get their color right in the photo but this is pretty close.
514.jpg

will2offend

Reaction score
I ordered a pair from American last week and they are also on backorder. They said they'd ship them IF they came in within the next 4 weeks, otherwise my card wouldn't be charged. I'm starting to wonder if these things really exist!! Why doesn't anyone else carry them?

alorable

Reaction score
Originally Posted by will2offend
I ordered a pair from American last week and they are also on backorder. They said they'd ship them IF they came in within the next 4 weeks, otherwise my card wouldn't be charged. I'm starting to wonder if these things really exist!! Why doesn't anyone else carry them?

did anybody actually get the pair from americanjeans.com? not backordered as of now...

pics please?

GY!BE

Reaction score
Yeah I ordered and received mine from americanjeans. Not gonna lie I was worried (took them about 2 weeks to get here) I sent them back though because I was expecting a true raw, but instead got that crinkly type wash that I can't stand.

Long story short:

Don't expect a true RAW denim jean from american jeans. Still think a true raw 514 is mythology

sayocean

Reaction score
not an urban legend, I just actually sold my 514 raw but wish I took pictures. Its there, you might have better luck finding these at macys or sears

elliottw

Reaction score
so what's the consensus?

tilly's has two version, the crinkle and what they call slick dark. raw or not?

mgoose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by letmebefell
Has anyone bought the raw 514s from these guys:

http://www.americanjeans.com/index.p...roducts_id=483

I don't know if they're the scraped finish.

So i just read through this entire thread. I purchased the exact same jeans from The Bay here and my real concern is inseam shrinkage. Does anyone have these and can you tell me if the inseam shrunk at all? Right now they are about perfect, but I really can't afford to lose any length.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads