• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would you like to see a western style inspired Denim shirt?

• Light Washed Indigo

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Medium Washed Indigo

• Extra Light Washed Indigo

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • All of the above

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

larimars

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Times up for Linens but a One Piece - Hidden Button Down Collar in White Linen Fabric sounds like a fair deal to me 😉
Explore our Fabric Collections here & request your fabric picks to be made in a One piece Collar, as these are exclusively offered Instore or by Request only.
white-cotton-linen-shirt.jpg

white-cotton-linen-shirt-mannequin.jpg

Last edited:

larimars

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello SF Friends,

Thank you everyone for your continued support & appreciation, the response has been overwhelming & if somebody has missed on this opportunity they can still take advantage of our 50% shirt Promo using code "SFFAMILY" which expires tonight.

Our introductory deal ends tonight but you can still take advantage of 50% on shirts Instore. For all of our Canadian Friends, we would like to welcome you all to our Studio & get your self measured with free consultation + snacks. We are offering Custom made & MTO shirts from mid range to high range fabrics at unbeatable pricing. Custom made Suits are only offered instore atm so do visit us & checkout wide selection of 1000+ fabric range.

I would highly encourage everyone who received their packages to provide us with any valuable suggestion or Feedback so we get to improve our services better. Instore Appointments are highly suggested as we can cater you better;

Book Your Appointment here

larimars

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Friends,

Dropping some premium Quality 100's Two-Ply Dobby Fabrics for a refreshed outlook. This Fabric is treated with Easy Iron Finish for that enhanced wrinkle resistance. The Geometric Texture pattern makes this an ideal choice for a perfectly fitting custom made shirt.

What are your thoughts about these fabrics?

black-geometric-texture-PT-A4849-80.jpg white-geometric-texture-PT-A4852-80.jpg yellow-geometric-weave-PT-A4855-80.jpg
mauve-geometric-texture-PT-A4850-80.jpg medium-blue-geometric-texture-PT-A4853-80.jpg light-blue-geometric-texture-PT-A4854-80.jpg
navy-leaf-print.jpg navy-blue-leaf-print-PT-A6701-72.jpg navy-floral-print-PT-A6702-72.jpg

Fabric that speaks Luxury!

fabricateurialist

Reaction score
How does one tell the quality of a shirt ? Anyone receive their shirt and would like to share some thoughts? I usually wear kamakura

fabric and finishing (stitching, buttons, seams), and if you care, the quality can be influenced by the level of handwork that goes into them

quick review

customer service
took advantage of the offer when it first went live - once shipped from their factory, it took two days to Europe
customer support is incredibly responsive and helpful - at the time of my order, all the follow-up posts on here hadn't been published re shrinkage, buttons, etc., but they always replied on the same day (taking time zones into account), sizing issues with the first order were resolved with a free return and store credit

the shirts
the seam stitching is flawless and accurate, with no deviations
at this price point, the quality is really good, the fabrics are soft, not opaque
the oxford is lighter when compared to a standard Polo Ralph Lauren OCBD, which makes it more versatile imo
blue twill has the initial mild shine you'd expect, time will tell how it holds up
the cotton linen blends each vary a bit, but are decent, missed the season to wear them as intended though

my other shirts are Zegna, Borrelli, Fralbo, and Cordone, all of which retail for at least 2x, so a comparison isn't quite fair since most of them include some level of hand-finishing, but I'd definitely buy from them again, especially the new one-piece no button collar

larimars

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

For all of you folks who were interested or inquired about our Hidden Button down One-Piece collar shirts can now order them through this link. These shirts will be offered as standard MTO shirts & can be ordered through MTM on special request only. This collar is very difficult to construct & requires a lot of time & expertise to achieve its magnificent collar roll.

What do you guys think about a One piece Collar - Polo style shirt in jersey fabric? Thoughts & opinions are highly appreciated.

larimars

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

We have been hard at work receiving feedback from our valued customers & many of you guys had requested to offer premium button options on our standard shirts. I am taking this opportunity to offer Free button upgrade for this weekend only. The button upgrade is available on our standard shirts & you get to choose from Imitation / Shell / MOP buttons. Find this collection here.

Use code "HAPPY30" for additional 30% OFF your purchase.

Thanks

button-upgrade.jpg

larimars

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Folks,

We are introducing Light weight Garment Washed Denim shirts in MTO shirts category. This fabric is light weight, soft & very comfortable to wear. We are offering Light / Medium washes in Spread & Button Down Collars as below:

light-washed-dark-denim-shirt.jpg medium-washed-dark-denim-shirt.jpg
light-washed-indigo-blue-shirt.jpg medium-washed-indigo-blue-shirt.jpg
unwashed-indigo-deep-shirt.jpg
You can request soft collars on these shirts & voila you have the most comfortable casual wear shirt!

larimars

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Folks,

We are introducing Light weight Garment Washed Denim shirts in MTO shirts category. This fabric is light weight, soft & very comfortable to wear. We are offering Light / Medium washes in Spread & Button Down Collars as below:

View attachment 1846470 View attachment 1846472
View attachment 1846473 View attachment 1846474
View attachment 1846476
You can request soft collars on these shirts & voila you have the most comfortable casual wear shirt!
The distinctive wash effects & hand work details can be noticed as this garment develops beautiful patina after every wash.

larimars

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We have been experimenting with Higher stitch densities on our premium products lately & i can guarantee that all of our shirts have been ranging between 22 to 25 SPI which is pretty remarkable & difficult to achieve. The only point you will find lower stitch per inches is where the shirt fabric is delicate enough and would rupture during single needle stitching.

You can see the demonstration of High stitch density in the pictures attached below;
black-satin-formal-collar-shirt.jpg black-satin-formal-shirt.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have been experimenting with Higher stitch densities on our premium products lately & i can guarantee that all of our shirts have been ranging between 22 to 25 SPI which is pretty remarkable & difficult to achieve. The only point you will find lower stitch per inches is where the shirt fabric is delicate enough and would rupture during single needle stitching.

You can see the demonstration of High stitch density in the pictures attached below;
View attachment 1847189 View attachment 1847190
Just to give context to those who might not yet know, seam strength and stitches per inch (SPI) are directly correlated, assuming that the material does not rip before the seam, which depends on the combination of thread selection and material selection.

In woven shirts, 15-20 SPI is a standard range, with 20 being very high quality already. 22-25 is very difficult to reach, and requires a high degree of skilled craftsmanship to achieve. There is also less puckering and warping, because a higher stitch density, you can use lower diameter threads.

Just for context, 100Hands, which I think that a lot of you know, tops out at 25 SPI. My wife and I both have their shirts, and those start at about $300 USD and go up well above $500. This is a different category, with a ridiculous amount of handstitching. Incidentally, also made in India. Honestly, highly skilled Indian labor in this category is probably among the best in the world, objectively.

@larimars - do you have close ups of the stitching at this density, maybe with a penny or dime to show the scale?

Last edited:

larimars

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just to give context to those who might not yet know, seam strength and stitches per inch (SPI) are directly correlated, assuming that the material does not rip before the seam, which depends on the combination of thread selection and material selection.

In woven shirts, 15-20 SPI is a standard range, with 20 being very high quality already. 22-25 is very difficult to reach, and requires a high degree of skilled craftsmanship to achieve. There is also less puckering and warping, because a higher stitch density, you can use lower diameter threads.

Just for context, 100Hands, which I think that a lot of you know, tops out at 25 SPI. My wife and I both have their shirts, and those start at about $300 USD and go up well above $500. This is a different category, with a ridiculous amount of handstitching. Incidentally, also made in India. Honestly, highly skilled Indian labor in this category is probably among the best in the world, objectively.

@larimars - do you have close ups of the stitching at this density, maybe with a penny or dime to show the scale?
Thank you so much for putting this conversation into context, we also make Fully/Semi - Handmade shirts in somewhat similar category of mid $350s which are not offered online but that would not imply cutting corners on a $100 shirt. Our Quality is kept consistent across the board which our clients can confirm that you wont be able to find this High Quality of a shirt in the offered price range.

As you had rightfully stated 22-25 SPI is not easy to achieve & takes a lot of time and skilled craftsmanship. I am attaching some pictures which might help elaborate the stitching details specially on coarser fabrics. I don't have a closeup comparison picture handy but I will share a macro scale image in a couple of days.

I also started to put together a demonstration of all the major steps involved in crafting a Fully/Semi - Handmade shirt & will show case the key details such as hand rolled bottom hem, Hand set shirt panels & Hand Finished Buttonholes for a better understanding of the quality level we can achieve.

0live-heavy-weight-twill.jpg

0live-heavy-weight-twill-shirt.jpg
LR098.jpg

larimars

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I did try to take a comparison picture & this is the best I could capture, considering the diameter of this dime is approximately 0.7"

SPI-comparison-dime.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads