• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KMW — believe the hype

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon
they look like they already have dipper ass and hip flare.... Not a good fit if that's the case and it will only get worse

Disagree. I don't see any hip flare (there is some room in the hips, but any extra material will drape after a few days or weeks of wear, or after a good soak and a day of wear), and KMW pockets are meant to sit low, to exaggerate an antifit look. If anything, the wearer has those things hitched up a little too high. I think that I see some man-gina. I would say to let the jeans sit 1/2" lower than they do now.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i dropped em down a bit and that helps. it just feels weird having pocket bottoms sit so low, i feel like i got a tight sag.
mangina alleviated.

flesy

Reaction score
Just got a pair of rockers from the mart. They're the most comfortable jeans i've had.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blake
I can confirm this is true. I did not want to be the first to post about this and was waiting to see if someone would discuss this first. I can confirm it is not because of the economy or business (which is what most people would assume) and it is because of issues with the factory. They are outstanding people at KM and would never send out product that they know is not 100 percent correct. They will be working on some product that will come out during the fall/holiday season but will not be shipping the product that was pre-booked. It is a huge loss for everyone involved and it will be greatly missed in the shops. I would stack their denim against any in terms of quality and value. I will let you know as information comes my way. In the meantime, know that this is an outstanding company with amazing people. I can tell you that many other companies would have just sent out the product and dealt with the issues as they came up. This is a big time move that took real guts and I commend them for it.

It is snowing great guns here in Chicago, Christmas is coming soon.

Anyone heard anything about a new KMW shipment?

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by james_timothy
It is snowing great guns here in Chicago, Christmas is coming soon.

Anyone heard anything about a new KMW shipment?

Forecast looks gloomy. Snatch up your size while you can (detour, Context, Needsupply, Atsui, Revolve and even this little place called www.hubclothing.com have some left). Or consider the Hand-Dye at Context.

If you're chi-town, KMW might be a little light for you in wintertime.

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up some distressed 1980's..Bretton wash... at Len Druskin outlet in Minneapolis @ 75% off..that comes down to $82.50 per pair
bigstar[1].gif

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by uhurit
Just picked up some distressed 1980's..Bretton wash... at Len Druskin outlet in Minneapolis @ 75% off..that comes down to $82.50 per pair
bigstar[1].gif

The Len Druskin Outlet in Edina or the len outlet in Minneapolis?

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joel_954
The Len Druskin Outlet in Edina or the len outlet in Minneapolis?

It's @ Southdale in Edina.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We need more pics of KMW in this thread.

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by uhurit
It's @ Southdale in Edina.

Cool. That's better than going to Minneapolis and trying to find parking.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is response to call for pics. Here's my chambray workshirt.

IMG_0301.jpg

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks sharp oboy. Some 1980s. These have seen almost no wear since this summer due to energies being focused on other jeans. By default, these are becoming my warm-weather jeans. KMW Hand-Dye. Worn maybe ten times since new in July. These'll be fast faders. Already getting peach fuzz and electric-blue streaks in the lap.
DSCN1876_512.jpg
Standard edition, worn abt 3-4 times/wk for abt. 2-3 months this summer (mainly to work - not much play). Yeah, I know...
DSCN1877_513.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics