• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KMW — believe the hype

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JOA
I've been eyeing that. Mind posting a fit pic some time?

Check WAYWT. Its a size Large. It fits great everywhere except for its a tiny bit short. The XL was only .5 inches longer though.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
Its a size Large. It fits great everywhere except for its a tiny bit short. The XL was only .5 inches longer though.

I have the Large as well. Incredible shirt. It's a bit short, I agree, but it's rapidly become one of my favorite pieces. Wanted to post a fit pic, but need to get some upload/sizing images sorted...

sea0bass

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
Just picked up the KMW chambray from Context. Fit is slim on the large--tempted to size up for a more relaxed fit.

Does anyone know if the chambray will shrink when washed?

Amazing shirt by the way. KMW never fails to impress me.

Shrinkage is negligible provide that you only wash in cold water and hang dry. Recommend against sizing up if the shoulder fits.

sea0bass

Reaction score
Agree that the KMW chambray shirt is cut shorter but that is what I like about it. One of my favorite for summer along with 2 Chimala shirts.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got some raw japanese rockers 33x34. pretty tight in the waist. and in the junk. will the crotch / upper thigh area stretch out? will post fit pix .

garmis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eglbc
I just got some raw japanese rockers 33x34. pretty tight in the waist. and in the junk. will the crotch / upper thigh area stretch out? will post fit pix .

In my experience, the Rockers' stretch was negligible. I struggled into a 32x34 with my 25 inch thighs, and the jeans never gave the way I wanted them to.

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by garmis
In my experience, the Rockers' stretch was negligible. I struggled into a 32x34 with my 25 inch thighs, and the jeans never gave the way I wanted them to.

On a somewhat related note, do you think 32x34 KMW 1950's will fit somebody w/ 24 inch thighs?

mrtophat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by garmis

I have to agree. The only way I made my rockers fit better was by dropping 10 pounds.

garmis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bach
On a somewhat related note, do you think 32x34 KMW 1950's will fit somebody w/ 24 inch thighs?

Yes. I currently wear a 34 in the 1950s, but could have sized down to a 33, maybe a 32. 32s for 24 inch thighs would be ideal IMO.

shaftoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bach

Yes. I have the 32x34, 33" true waist and 24" thighs. Snug at first, perfect after a week.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/s...g?t=1255021514 http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/s...g?t=1255021610 http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/s...g?t=1255021627 http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/s...g?t=1255021668 33x34 rockers. 33 true waist, these are snug. time to drop a few lbs. the crotch area is super snug on these, i hope after a little streching and maybe loosing some gut it wont be so tight. very happy with the construction and materials on these. first pair of hi-end japanese denim. like the blue/red line selvadge, but im dont wear a cuff, its to bad, cuz these look sharp cuffed.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they look like they already have dipper ass and hip flare.... Not a good fit if that's the case and it will only get worse

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads