• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm probably a bit biased, but I'd go with 102701. It looks a bit darker IRL than in the pics I recently posted. Also, I'm not really a fan of herringbone, no matter how faint.

Congrats on the new job! :cheers:

Thanks! Yeah I think I'm leaning towards getting the standard grey twill as well. I just wish there was a similar option in the basic fabric range.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm probably a bit biased, but I'd go with 102701. It looks a bit darker IRL than in the pics I recently posted. Also, I'm not really a fan of herringbone, no matter how faint.

Congrats on the new job! :cheers:

That gray twill is my next suit.

Thanks! Yeah I think I'm leaning towards getting the standard grey twill as well. I just wish there was a similar option in the basic fabric range.

AbeFroeman

Reaction score
My KW trousers are based on the size 33. I tried them on at the trunk show in NYC.

That grey is nice. I have a suit from it. Its a nice lighter-than-charchoal suit, and it can comfortably fill the charcoal suit slot in the wardrobe with more versatility.

Last edited:

scatterbrain

Reaction score
Last edited:

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That grey is nice. I have a suit from it. Its a nice lighter-than-charchoal   suit, and it can comfortably fill the charcoal suit slot in the wardrobe with more versatility.

+1. I think a mid to dark heathered gray is more versatile and looks better than charcoal, especially a charcoal as dark as the trial suit. That thing looks black unless right next to something that actually is black.

That 102701 is amaaaaazing. Really, really soft. Also, it unwrinkles nicely. My suit was in a box for around two weeks, and leaving it on a hanger overnight released 90% of the wrinkles.

Very soft indeed, and the perfect weight for a staple suit.

Al in Philly

Reaction score
So I'm all ready to place my next suit order with Kent - I wanted to see some thoughts from others on the fabric choice before I pulled the trigger.

I'm looking for a standard mid grey (not too dark) that will be used mainly for business meetings or other formal functions. My top 2 choices right now are 7067 (grey herringbone) and 102701 (grey twill). My only concern over 7067 is the herringbone - I don't know how pronounced it will be IRL. On Kent's website it looks very very subtle, you really have to zoom in and look closely to see it. I asked Kent's opinion to see if that one will look pretty much like a solid mid grey once it's finished into a full suit. If the herringbone is too obvious I will most likely just go with 102701....although it would be nice to save a few bucks by going with 7067 ($820 vs $785)!
I have that solid fabric, but I say be bold and go with Herringbone!

PS. My wedding is today, so I will be posting photos of me and my guys in our suits sometime tomorrow.

Onetwobit

Reaction score
KW needs to get their **** together IMO. Half of their **** is out of stock. They need more efficient processes.

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just found out fabric 7067 is sold out, so now I really have no choice but to go for the 102701! Order being placed right now....can't wait for my 2nd suit.

102701 was your destiny all along. :slayer:

Option deets? And of course, be sure to post pics when it arrives!

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, I'll post some more pics once I get it. I'm going with all the same options as my first suit, since that had everything I've ever wanted in a suit which was basically impossible to find OTR: wide lapels, minimal pick stitching, ticket pocket, dual side vents, 3-roll-2, and flat front trousers with button fly, side adjusters, and button fly. I've done a lot of shopping around, and I've never been able to walk into a store and find a suit with that specific combination of details. Good thing Kent can do a fully canvassed MTM version for me!

Last edited:

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yup, I'll post some more pics once I get it. I'm going with all the same options as my first suit, since that had everything I've ever wanted in a suit which was basically impossible to find OTR: wide lapels, minimal pick stitching, ticket pocket, dual side vents, 3-roll-2, and flat front trousers with button fly, side adjusters, and button fly. I've done a lot of shopping around, and I've never been able to walk into a store and find a suit with that specific combination of details. Good thing Kent can do a fully canvassed MTM version for me!

Yes, I am 100% convinced that KW offers the best deal around for a full canvas MTM suit. His method of sending a trial suit is infinitely better than just specifying measurements, and he has just the right amount of details and option to select from. Speaking of options, I am definitely going to opt for side adjusters on my next suit trousers, and think I'll go button fly as well. Beatlegeuse, you also have me tempted to try a ticket pocket and 3R2 jacket configuration. I like the look of both, but I'm hesitant for a couple reasons. Firstly, I'm worried that a ticket pocket is a bit too trendy and flashy for a staple suit that I want to be able to wear in a conservative environment if necessary for years to come. Secondly, I'm worried about the 3R2 config because I've read of horror stories where even top quality cleaners mess up when pressing the jacket, and ruin the natural roll by pressing the lapels as if they're supposed to roll to the top button like a normal 3-button. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The chances of anybody outside of StyFo noticing a ticket pocket and thinking it's too flashy is probably slim to none, so I wouldn't worry about that. As far as 3R2, I think it's a great look, but I haven't had my jacket dry cleaned yet so I can't speak about any pressing horror stories. When I do get it cleaned, I will definitely take it somewhere reputable and make sure I talk to the cleaner when I drop it off.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads