Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Thanks! Yeah I think I'm leaning towards getting the standard grey twill as well. I just wish there was a similar option in the basic fabric range.

2. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

That gray twill is my next suit.

3. AbeFroeman

AbeFroeman Well-Known Member

My KW trousers are based on the size 33. I tried them on at the trunk show in NYC.

That grey is nice. I have a suit from it. Its a nice lighter-than-charchoal suit, and it can comfortably fill the charcoal suit slot in the wardrobe with more versatility.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013

4. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Senior member

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013

5. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

+1. I think a mid to dark heathered gray is more versatile and looks better than charcoal, especially a charcoal as dark as the trial suit. That thing looks black unless right next to something that actually is black.

Very soft indeed, and the perfect weight for a staple suit.

6. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member

I have that solid fabric, but I say be bold and go with Herringbone!

PS. My wedding is today, so I will be posting photos of me and my guys in our suits sometime tomorrow.

7. sftiger

sftiger Senior member

Congratulations! Can´t wait to see the photos!

8. Beatlegeuse

Congrats Al!

And I think you guys have sold me on the 102701, seems like that's exactly what I need for a staple mid grey suit.

9. Onetwobit

Onetwobit Well-Known Member

KW needs to get their shit together IMO. Half of their shit is out of stock. They need more efficient processes.

10. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Congrats Al! Looking forward to the pics!

11. Beatlegeuse

Just found out fabric 7067 is sold out, so now I really have no choice but to go for the 102701! Order being placed right now....can't wait for my 2nd suit.

12. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

102701 was your destiny all along. :slayer:

Option deets? And of course, be sure to post pics when it arrives!

13. Beatlegeuse

Yup, I'll post some more pics once I get it. I'm going with all the same options as my first suit, since that had everything I've ever wanted in a suit which was basically impossible to find OTR: wide lapels, minimal pick stitching, ticket pocket, dual side vents, 3-roll-2, and flat front trousers with button fly, side adjusters, and button fly. I've done a lot of shopping around, and I've never been able to walk into a store and find a suit with that specific combination of details. Good thing Kent can do a fully canvassed MTM version for me!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013

14. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Yes, I am 100% convinced that KW offers the best deal around for a full canvas MTM suit. His method of sending a trial suit is infinitely better than just specifying measurements, and he has just the right amount of details and option to select from. Speaking of options, I am definitely going to opt for side adjusters on my next suit trousers, and think I'll go button fly as well. Beatlegeuse, you also have me tempted to try a ticket pocket and 3R2 jacket configuration. I like the look of both, but I'm hesitant for a couple reasons. Firstly, I'm worried that a ticket pocket is a bit too trendy and flashy for a staple suit that I want to be able to wear in a conservative environment if necessary for years to come. Secondly, I'm worried about the 3R2 config because I've read of horror stories where even top quality cleaners mess up when pressing the jacket, and ruin the natural roll by pressing the lapels as if they're supposed to roll to the top button like a normal 3-button. Thoughts?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013

15. Beatlegeuse

The chances of anybody outside of StyFo noticing a ticket pocket and thinking it's too flashy is probably slim to none, so I wouldn't worry about that. As far as 3R2, I think it's a great look, but I haven't had my jacket dry cleaned yet so I can't speak about any pressing horror stories. When I do get it cleaned, I will definitely take it somewhere reputable and make sure I talk to the cleaner when I drop it off.