• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JM Weston appreciation thread

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
637 Beaubourg Derby

IMG_1210.JPG
IMG_1220.JPG

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I had some Weston Shoes a long time ago (180 and Golf), they were very good, and in the time at a reasonable price (i'm an old Parisian :-D).
Then i was (and still am) more into English Shoes.
I am now interested in the Weston "Miles" derby brogues

JM Weston Miles.jpg

Did some of you tried them ? Advice and reviews would be very interesting.

yunBW

Reaction score
Hi, I’m thinking to try on some sizes for the jm 180 loafer from mr porter. I was wondering how if MrP display JM sizing or UK sizing? I’m a US 8, I’m not too sure what size should I try, since I have heard I should size down. Also, do 180 loafers go on sale?

DaisyDoe

Reaction score
Recently came across this interesting pair of shoes marked JM Weston, certainly they are not authentic? Has anyone seen anything like this?

IMG_5964.jpg

IMG_5971.jpg

IMG_5974.jpg

IMG_5970.jpg

IMG_5972.jpg

IMG_5973.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5964.jpg
    IMG_5964.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5974.jpg
    IMG_5974.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5973.jpg
    IMG_5973.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5972.jpg
    IMG_5972.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5971.jpg
    IMG_5971.jpg
    429.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5970.jpg
    IMG_5970.jpg
    474 KB · Views: 76

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shame. I was looking to go after things are a bit more calmed down to try out the loafers...

yunBW

Reaction score
Damn.. so the only way for the US buyer to try on JMW will be MrP? Does anyone know why don’t they let more US retailers carry their stock or closing the store might indicate so?

AunToni

Reaction score
Just found out the JM Weston store in NYC is closed for good after 30 years. :(
Yeah, they are a ************* brand to be honest. Their quality has gone down over the years and they truly don't care about their customers. They made this announcement suddenly. They did the same in Shanghai when I was living there. They also blocked their website from being accessed within China, so one had to use a VPN just to get on their website to get in contact with them about resoling, etc. They truly are horrible company.
They also have a new designer who isn't really a designer, as can be recognized from the new shoes they have come out with. They all look cheap and having tried on a few of the models, they feel cheap as well.
I would suggest people to no longer buy from them. I have around 15 pairs of shoes and numerous other accessories, including a bag, from J.M. Weston and I will find other cobblers and leather workers to make future repairs.

Anyways, anyone have any recommendations for a new shoe company to buy from? haha.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads