• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Japanese Denim

Reaction score
^^ zipper alert

Ahaz

Reaction score
Okay, I'm an idiot, that makes sense. They do seem to run quite huge for their listed size. A 29 is really about 31.5" across, if I'm reading that right.

While I love most of the Japanese denim, I'm not to happy with most of the fits. I end up buying pants that have amazing denim, detailing and washes/indigo/coloring, but that don't fit me all that great. I need to go through my dresser and get rid of some stuff (I'm wearing my 5EPs now, and that's what spurred this line of reasoning). I have too many jeans I just don't wear all that often.

That being said, I do love the fit on my lowrise Denime http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bears/denime-66l/. The denim is nice, but not up to Eternal, Fullcount or 5EP standards. They're snug in the hips, and pretty low rise. I'd label it a very Swedish fit.

Geowu

Reaction score
etsd5xj.jpg

notice the vertical striations on the Eternal. I personnaly prefer the more even look of the SDA.

horriblyjollyjinx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
zipper = sanforized
No, that is not correct. The XXX-26's are not sanforized. Other unsanforized jeans with zipfly: The Flat Head 3001, Skull Jeans old 5010, Samurai S0505XX. Ahaz, Japanese slim low-rise jeans: Samurai S0505XX Flat Head 3001 Skull Jeans 5010/5507 (SD-103) Mid/high rise, slim jeans: FOB F151 Fullcount 1108 Eternal 846 (Samurai S500VX) probably forgetting some Geowu, I like both, they are very nice but different. I was deciding between the two and chose the SD's because I also wanted the more even look, but I want to get a pair with slubby denim like the Eternals later on. Where did you find that pic btw? I thought I knew about all galleries
smile.gif

horriblyjollyjinx

Reaction score
Sd-102 from ebay, the seller said they were worn for 2 years and washed 20 times but I don't really believe him.

5f_1.JPG

7c_1.JPG

95_1.JPG

b2_1.JPG

db_1.JPG

e5_1.JPG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by horriblyjollyjinx
No, that is not correct. The XXX-26's are not sanforized. Other unsanforized jeans with zipfly: The Flat Head 3001, Skull Jeans old 5010, Samurai S0505XX.

Just blew my mind, Jinx. Doesn't the zipper get all fucked up when the denim shrinks? I have to sit down and reassess...

horriblyjollyjinx

Reaction score
Just blew my mind, Jinx. Doesn't the zipper get all fucked up when the denim shrinks? I have to sit down and reassess...

I don't know really, you'd think it would but maybe it doesnt since the zipper is only like 4-5 inches long, maybe the shrinkage at that length isnt big enough to make a real difference, or maybe they have some way to make it work anyway.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love this thread. Can we pin it?

If not, we can just bump it every day
smile.gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
If you look at the list of pinned posts right now, we're getting really close to making a full page of JUST pinned post. I love this thread as well, but until some of the other threads die off, going to hold off on pinning this one.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a HOF/Best Thread thread can be created.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whoopee
Perhaps a HOF/Best Thread thread can be created.

Definitely. This is something that's been on my mind for awhile. I think I'll make one real quick.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads