• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Japanese Denim

horriblyjollyjinx

Reaction score
here are some better pics of SD 100s worn in. I bought them a lot because of these pics, I wouldn't have bought them If I had only seen the pics on SD's own site.

sa-sd101-f.jpg

sa-sd101.jpg

What you need to do first is decide what cut you want.

kumoo

Reaction score
if you can get, get the studio d'artisan D1177 21oz.. or their D01 or D02 (both deep dyed natural indigo).. i just got my D1177... worth every single penny.

and samurai jeans are nice too for similar price.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think they make Aihiko's anymore.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
D1177 21oz

Someone please!!!!!!! give me a heads up on what it's like to wear and break in a pair of jeans that weighs almost 2 pounds, I have to know, hopefully there have been no injuries.

Samurais, Eternal's SD's some of these brands are totaly unfamiliar to me, plus you guys are always using abreviations when talking about certain fits and washes. Would someone kindly hook-up a translation thread so I can get up to speed on what to buy?, and no smart arses please giving me a heads up on Seven, Antik you know the deal!!!

kumoo

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6855361151 this auction on ebay gave a pretty good idea of the D1177's. and for eternal jeans, my pair of 811 is coming along quite well after 3 months of wear.. it has the perfect cut, i have to say. slim classic fit, and very comfortable. (just found a pic of a pair of 6 month 811's)
sn1a15.jpg

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Man I really wish I could wear jeans to work, now buying another pair would just result in the ones I own getting almost no wear each. I might end up getting one anyway but since it's kinda like "just one last fix" at least for a while I really gotta choose carefully.

So far I've been eyeing 5EP straight, 45RPM (sorahiko?), denime and eternal.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Man I really wish I could wear jeans to work, now buying another pair would just result in the ones I own getting almost no wear each. I might end up getting one anyway but since it's kinda like "just one last fix" at least for a while I really gotta choose carefully.

So far I've been eyeing 5EP straight, 45RPM (sorahiko?), denime and eternal.

All of those choices are quite similar, and all of them are excellent. I'll point out some differences here.

5EP: Greencasted denim (optional?) on the Straight Downs. No-scratch rivets, red threads on leather patch, no contrast-stiching around the fly.

45rpm: A bit more generous of a fit. Truer blue than the other choices, and probably considerably less contrasty.

Denime: Heavy, starchy and more true to the 40s-60s Levi's (or Lee's, take your pick).

Eternal: A hybrid between 5EP's modern feel and Denime's heavy wear. Slimmer than Sorahikos, (most) Denimes, but not as slim as 5EP.

(just found a pic of a pair of 6 month 811's)
Kumoo, where did you find that? Not to be a naysayer but those look heavily sandpapered and not genuine wear to me.

rnrswitch

Reaction score
seconded on those eternals. I don't think I could take sandpaper to my jeans, I feel like I would be ruining them. Those SDA's look pretty damn hip, though. I still want to buy them. My next pair of jeans are going to be either eternal's, SDA's, or Jean Shop.

horriblyjollyjinx

Reaction score
ohhhhhh those 1177's look sooo good, much better than my 103's I have to say.
I think they're sold out everywhere though :/

that pic of the 811s is probably from the j-e-a-n-s.net community gallery, at least I've seen them there before.

J-Shock

Reaction score
Anyone know a good online shop for Eternal's that would ship to Canada. They are awesome jeans and i think those will be my next project

tangerine

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads