• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New colorway called Goldstone up on the site for 4 frames. Looks nice but priced at $950 instead of the $820 they just raised prices to - an extra 16%! No new packaging or special cases like with the Yellowstone / Last Frontier / Kubrick etc, just $130 more for a special color. I would understand but they just released the Vesper colorway last week in 4 frames - all at the same existing price (that they just raised 10% from $750 to $820).

It feels like the $950 is there to anchor their next price hikes so when it comes around we're used to seeing it (and start to think that $820 is a good deal)!

It's a very attractive and cool colourway indeed, but the higher price is bothersome. Extremely limited batches of 75 pieces for each of the four models released. Enzo, the most interesting to me, is already sold out. This will attract a lot of flippers, I'm afraid.

Screenshot (877).png

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went down to the Venice store for some prescription sunglasses and my first JMM frames. I was pretty set on the Zephirin 47 but not on the color and was leaning towards Havana but they had one pair of Whiskey left that grew on me. I wound up getting the Whiskey frames with Turqoise tint lenses. The prescription and tint charges were very reasonable and I was unaware that if you buy frames and lenses together in California then there is no sales tax on either so that was a nice surprise.

Whiskey is a lovely colourway indeed, I have it on my Devaux.

I like as the Zephirin looks on you, and it will be a good every day frame, but would absolutely try bolder and more adventurous models.

zonda600

Reaction score
The Crevel Ocre at Mondello is very tempting. I've never gotten so many compliments on eyeglasses as I have with my noir Crevels.

Attachments

• Crevel.jpg
    Crevel.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 231

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a very attractive and cool colourway indeed, but the higher price is bothersome. Extremely limited batches of 75 pieces for each of the four models released. Enzo, the most interesting to me, is already sold out. This will attract a lot of flippers, I'm afraid.

View attachment 2074619

Sold fast because Enzo probably had the best acetate amount to price ratio of the Goldstone offerings.

JessBob

Reaction score
Update: Looks like that store sold it to someone else.

Still looking for a Taupe Torino if anybody has leads. TIA

Bummer! You had a shot! It was in stock all day yesterday. Someone probably saw our exchange and snagged it right before you did. I'll keep an eye out for another

Badger716

Reaction score
Bummer! You had a shot! It was in stock all day yesterday. Someone probably saw our exchange and snagged it right before you did. I'll keep an eye out for another
Appreciate it. Similar thing happened with a pair of Belizes I spotted. Someone snatched them in no time.

People really do be fiends for JMMs (me included)

Yokimoto

Reaction score
Sun or optical? I just saw an optical
I *think* I saw one yesterday. I was trying on the Fellini in taupe. There was another taupe frame that was larger than the Fellini, but it was in the cabinet.

It was sun, not optical. DM me and I’ll send you the location.

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
I *think* I saw one yesterday. I was trying on the Fellini in taupe. There was another taupe frame that was larger than the Fellini, but it was in the cabinet.

It was sun, not optical. DM me and I’ll send you the location.
Any photos of the Fellini when you tried them on?

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Crevel Ocre at Mondello is very tempting. I've never gotten so many compliments on eyeglasses as I have with my noir Crevels.

I like the Crevel on you, as well as your outfit. I would go for another frame though, there's so much to explore and love.

mbf123

Reaction score
For those on the fence about Mondello I can confirm a positive experience. Ordered Monday when the Black Friday sale started. Delivered today Friday morning via DHL. No additional paperwork/forms etc. Shipped quick and with the right card/case everything.

zamonster

Reaction score
Hey guys, received my dealan 53s from Mondello a few days ago, came with a jmm leather pouch (the kind where you just push them in), i guess this is normal right? A pair of dealans i returned had the case you could close…

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SARUAR1258