• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Chicago thread - local recommendations, trunk shows, goings-on, etc.

just_one_more

Reaction score
yeah thats what im seeing...
sucks because I still like to try on clothes before buying

In Wicker Park you have Independence which was mentioned above, also Mildblend has a lot of quality Japanese and American denim and some shirts and sweaters and boots, and Gemini near Independence has brands like Portuguese Flannel and Wax London that you could check out.

Depends what you mean by smart casual but you could buy some quality jeans and some wool sweaters and flannel button downs if you go those places

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got some pics of my C&J Islay after Dan at Broadway Shoe Repair swapped out the Dainite for Vibram Londra soles.

1000007777-jpg.2067759

1000007778-jpg.2067761

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I finally got into Broadway Shoe Repair and picked up the Islays. The craftsmanship that Dan did is exceptional, and I have no hesitation having him work on future projects and to recommend him to others. Also, a great guy who is more than happy to discuss various shoe and boot makers, soles and whatever else. Highly recommend him.

chapmpe

Reaction score
So, I finally got into Broadway Shoe Repair and picked up the Islays. The craftsmanship that Dan did is exceptional, and I have no hesitation having him work on future projects and to recommend him to others. Also, a great guy who is more than happy to discuss various shoe and boot makers, soles and whatever else. Highly recommend him.
I have just moved to Bloomington and was looking for someone that could do a full resole. Thanks very much!

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great, so it sounds like he can easily resole a pair of Crockett and Jones loafers? Is he reasonably priced? Any idea what a straight forward resole job would cost? Interestingly Google maps is saying they open March 6. Is that wrong or they closed for the winter??

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great, so it sounds like he can easily resole a pair of Crockett and Jones loafers? Is he reasonably priced? Any idea what a straight forward resole job would cost? Interestingly Google maps is saying they open March 6. Is that wrong or they closed for the winter??
I went to his facebook page, and it seems like he is taking an extended vacation. Sucks because I wanted to have my Moltons resoled over to Londra this Winter.

As for his fees, I paid $195 to have my Islays put on Londra soles, and that included a new leather mid-sole, new corkbed and a rebuilt leather heel stack. He only takes Zelle and cash.

jimney

Reaction score
I went to his facebook page, and it seems like he is taking an extended vacation. Sucks because I wanted to have my Moltons resoled over to Londra this Winter.

As for his fees, I paid $195 to have my Islays put on Londra soles, and that included a new leather mid-sole, new corkbed and a rebuilt leather heel stack. He only takes Zelle and cash.
Coincidentally Sean from Dashing posted about this today, and he is on vacation until March 6th.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coincidentally Sean from Dashing posted about this today, and he is on vacation until March 6th.
Maybe I misread Sean's post as to mean that Dan was on vacation. In any event, I'd just call the shop and see if he's there.

letsgofire

Reaction score
Drake’s will have a trunk show in Chicago at Independence on April 19 and 20.

The emails says it’s a made to order trunk show. The one last year was good to go to, especially if you don’t know your size. They had a little bit of everything.

Independence is a good store too - this is a good reason to pay them a visit.

nickurfe

Reaction score
Hi all--I posted this in the main thread, and they recommended I relocate to the Chicago thread.

I recently bought a vintage (think 90s) Gieves & Hawkes hunting coat, which looks and feels great, but is, apt to the style and era, very bulky in the sleeves and shoulders. As modernizing changes probably require more than your typical alterations, I'm wondering: can anyone recommend a Chicago-based tailor you'd trust to do some work on a valuable vintage piece like this?

Many thanks!
Urfe

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all--I posted this in the main thread, and they recommended I relocate to the Chicago thread.

I recently bought a vintage (think 90s) Gieves & Hawkes hunting coat, which looks and feels great, but is, apt to the style and era, very bulky in the sleeves and shoulders. As modernizing changes probably require more than your typical alterations, I'm wondering: can anyone recommend a Chicago-based tailor you'd trust to do some work on a valuable vintage piece like this?

Many thanks!
Urfe
Nick at Oak Street Tailors. He reworked a twenty five year old Sulka jacket of mine and did exceptional work.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads