• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Chicago thread - local recommendations, trunk shows, goings-on, etc.

mrFurly

Reaction score
Honestly not sure I have a good recommendation, seems like that part of the retail scene got hit pretty hard with Covid. Syd Jerome is somewhere I’ve heard about but never checked out myself.
yeah thats what im seeing...
sucks because I still like to try on clothes before buying

jimney

Reaction score
Does anyone have a decent alterations tailor easily accessible from Logan Square? For simple stuff like hemming, bringing in the sides of shirts. I had been going to a nearby cleaner but it’s been a comedy of errors the last two weeks so I need a place I can just get stuff done at.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Waiting for my appointment at Truefitt & Hill.

Attachments

• 20230804_155923.jpg
    20230804_155923.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 165

letsgofire

Reaction score
Does anyone have a decent alterations tailor easily accessible from Logan Square? For simple stuff like hemming, bringing in the sides of shirts. I had been going to a nearby cleaner but it’s been a comedy of errors the last two weeks so I need a place I can just get stuff done at.
Depending on how close you meant, Reino’s Alternations in Lincoln Park is perfectly fine for simple jobs.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
Hi everyone, hope all is well. Need a recommendation for my friend. He took his Spier suit to a random dry cleaner and they completely pressed his suit wrong. They made it a hard 3 button when it was a 3 roll 2. Does Anyone have a recommendation for someone to hand press it back to a 3 roll 2 and get the shape/roll back?

He lives in Skokie, but is willing to drive anywhere around there or up to downtown. It would be much appreciated.

Kansai22

Reaction score
Hi everyone, hope all is well. Need a recommendation for my friend. He took his Spier suit to a random dry cleaner and they completely pressed his suit wrong. They made it a hard 3 button when it was a 3 roll 2. Does Anyone have a recommendation for someone to hand press it back to a 3 roll 2 and get the shape/roll back?

He lives in Skokie, but is willing to drive anywhere around there or up to downtown. It would be much appreciated.
I am not sure they will be able to restore it but DAVIS IMPERIAL CLEANERS only hand presses garments. They have two locations one in Chicago another in Evanston both should be close to your friend.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
I am not sure they will be able to restore it but DAVIS IMPERIAL CLEANERS only hand presses garments. They have two locations one in Chicago another in Evanston both should be close to your friend.

I will have him give them a call. Much appreciate it.

Kansai22

Reaction score

Redmayne just posted a great do it yourself video on how to restore a roll after the dry cleaners presses it flat.

letsgofire

Reaction score
Independence, which is now located on Division Street, has a Drake’s trunk show through Saturday Nov 11. They have ties, scarves, shirts and some RTW items like jackets. Their MTM stuff is available too. I enjoyed stopping by.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads