Indochino suits?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by crease, Jan 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. jbharris88

jbharris88 Senior member

There we go! I took some new pictures with the flash on and I cut open the vents. By the way my collar might look funky because I picked the slim lapel jacket, I am not sure if that makes a difference with the photo but neither the less, let me know what you think!

Dude, learn to EDIT your post if you are going to post SETS of SO MANY PHOTOS..

2. kincrat

kincrat Member

jbharris88: My most sincerest apologies I was not aware of this, and mostly because I am not really use to posting on forums. I got over excited and such that. I will keep it in mind for next time, once again sorry for the troubles.

3. six70

six70 Member

Hey SF! I'm a new member. I just received my basic black suit today. Can you guys please take a look and give me advice on what should be adjusted and if a re-make is needed? Thank you and please excuse the bad quality photos.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

i'm not an expert but here's my assessment

the jacket looks short or you've abnormally long arms. nonetheless, it should be longer.

your shirt sleeve length needs to be shorter. it looks too "baggy" on you and makes you look young.

the fit of the suit looks good to me tho

5. six70

six70 Member

Thanks for the reply [​IMG] I wish I had access to my tailor right now to get an evaluation.

6. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

no prob but that jacket does look shorter than it's supposed to.

how tall are you?

7. six70

six70 Member

I am around 5"9... I haven't measured myself lol but I put 5"9 in the measurement section. I doubt I am 5"10. I do have abnormally long arms so that might add to it.. edit: It could possibly be from the angle that the photo was shot at. My roommate shot it while sitting on the couch. [​IMG]

8. ZenStyle

ZenStyle Well-Known Member

Overall the fit looks pretty good. The jacket length seems a bit short and the shirt sleeves a bit long.

9. six70

six70 Member

How long should the jacket be?

10. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

six70, that jacket doesn't fit anywhere. Sleeves, Shoulders, Collar, Length... they're all off.

kincraft: Jackets should hug the collar. Yours doesn't at all.

Both of you are better off going to H&M and buying a suit there. Sorry to be frank, but Indochino is really not a good option.

11. six70

six70 Member

Musicguy, could you please give me some details as to what you think needs to be adjusted with the things you mentioned? Do you think I will have to get a remake. Thanks

12. Wayward

Wayward Senior member

six70, are you wearing the french cuff shirt without cufflinks? Something's throwing off your shirt sleeve length, and right now it looks way too long. This means we can't tell if your jacket sleeve is too long or not. By the billowing around the forearm though, I'd say it is.

Generally, a jacket length should end at your first knuckles. If you rest your arms by your sides and curl up your fingers, you should be able to grab it. However, Indochino's cut is generally on the short side. The jacket length looks fine for what it is. However, take a picture with the shirt collar buttoned, so we can see whether the back collar hugs the neck or not.

13. jbharris88

jbharris88 Senior member

[​IMG]
    Hanging your picture and taking down your acne regimen card will go a long way with the ladies. Likewise with cleaning the mirror

14. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

Musicguy, could you please give me some details as to what you think needs to be adjusted with the things you mentioned? Do you think I will have to get a remake. Thanks
    The shoulders are much too large and the collar doesn't hug your body. The picture is pretty bad so it's difficult to say anything else, but it definitely needs a remake. Anyway, I'm out. I will no longer post in this thread as it is obvious that people will buy Indochino no matter how their products turn out. Good luck everyone.

15. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

@six70 - what is the purpose of the suit, work, clubbing, otherwise? If anything but clubbing then the jacket should just cover your butt. It also appears that the sleeves are too long.

Why are all of you newbies buying a black suit?