• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

jbharris88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kincrat

There we go! I took some new pictures with the flash on and I cut open the vents. By the way my collar might look funky because I picked the slim lapel jacket, I am not sure if that makes a difference with the photo but neither the less, let me know what you think!

Dude, learn to EDIT your post if you are going to post SETS of SO MANY PHOTOS..

kincrat

Reaction score
jbharris88: My most sincerest apologies I was not aware of this, and mostly because I am not really use to posting on forums. I got over excited and such that. I will keep it in mind for next time, once again sorry for the troubles.

six70

Reaction score
Hey SF! I'm a new member. I just received my basic black suit today. Can you guys please take a look and give me advice on what should be adjusted and if a re-make is needed? Thank you and please excuse the bad quality photos.

352qir9.jpg

30b3huh.jpg

2n8zvc.jpg

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm not an expert but here's my assessment

the jacket looks short or you've abnormally long arms. nonetheless, it should be longer.

your shirt sleeve length needs to be shorter. it looks too "baggy" on you and makes you look young.

the fit of the suit looks good to me tho

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no prob but that jacket does look shorter than it's supposed to.

how tall are you?

six70

Reaction score
I am around 5"9... I haven't measured myself lol but I put 5"9 in the measurement section. I doubt I am 5"10. I do have abnormally long arms so that might add to it.. edit: It could possibly be from the angle that the photo was shot at. My roommate shot it while sitting on the couch.
bh1109.jpg

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
six70, that jacket doesn't fit anywhere. Sleeves, Shoulders, Collar, Length... they're all off.

kincraft: Jackets should hug the collar. Yours doesn't at all.

Both of you are better off going to H&M and buying a suit there. Sorry to be frank, but Indochino is really not a good option.

six70

Reaction score
Musicguy, could you please give me some details as to what you think needs to be adjusted with the things you mentioned? Do you think I will have to get a remake. Thanks

Wayward

Reaction score
six70, are you wearing the french cuff shirt without cufflinks? Something's throwing off your shirt sleeve length, and right now it looks way too long. This means we can't tell if your jacket sleeve is too long or not. By the billowing around the forearm though, I'd say it is.

Generally, a jacket length should end at your first knuckles. If you rest your arms by your sides and curl up your fingers, you should be able to grab it. However, Indochino's cut is generally on the short side. The jacket length looks fine for what it is. However, take a picture with the shirt collar buttoned, so we can see whether the back collar hugs the neck or not.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by six70
Musicguy, could you please give me some details as to what you think needs to be adjusted with the things you mentioned? Do you think I will have to get a remake. Thanks
The shoulders are much too large and the collar doesn't hug your body. The picture is pretty bad so it's difficult to say anything else, but it definitely needs a remake. Anyway, I'm out. I will no longer post in this thread as it is obvious that people will buy Indochino no matter how their products turn out. Good luck everyone.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@six70 - what is the purpose of the suit, work, clubbing, otherwise? If anything but clubbing then the jacket should just cover your butt. It also appears that the sleeves are too long.

Why are all of you newbies buying a black suit?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads