Indochino suits?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by crease, Jan 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Approveusername

Approveusername Member

I just used the teambuywinter code. Shopping bag showed $250+ discount (1 suit, 2 shirts, 1 pocket square) but after checking out my paypal account was charged the full price without any discount. [​IMG]

Sent them an email. I'm canceling the whole order if they can't resolve this.

that code was good until 23rd december. so just cancel the order and try to find another code. im in the same boat. need a good code tomorrow when i place my order.

2. LorenzL

LorenzL Senior member

that code was good until 23rd december. so just cancel the order and try to find another code. im in the same boat. need a good code tomorrow when i place my order.

mycouponswinter still works for me! couponcabin (13% off, 1 free shirt, 1 accessory) too, or you just use mycoupons (20% off)...

3. Approveusername

Approveusername Member

mycouponswinter still works for me! couponcabin (13% off, 1 free shirt, 1 accessory) too, or you just use mycoupons (20% off)...

you just type in those words in some box when ordering? (mycouponswinter)

will order tomorrow in the afternoon. the 13% off 1+1 free seems good to me.

4. LorenzL

LorenzL Senior member

you just type in those words in some box when ordering? (mycouponswinter)

will order tomorrow in the afternoon. the 13% off 1+1 free seems good to me.

At checkout, there is an extra box to enter coupon codes - you have to enter it there and the amount of money of your shopping card will be reduced accordingly. add the free shirt and the accessory before you apply the coupon.

5. ZenStyle

ZenStyle Well-Known Member

It appears the Alchemist Brown Pinstripe suit is off the site/sold out. If I need a remake I'm hooped I guess. From what I've read I'll probably need a remake because I'm tall and slim/fit and it seems they always send the first one out all loose and baggy/boxy. Bah!

And for the 34th time, 'teambuywinter' is still good until the end of the 24th (according to teambuy). I used it on the 20th just fine. The paypal thing could've been a glitch. Add a suit into your cart then enter in that code in the code box and see if it accepts it.

6. kincrat

kincrat Member

Hello Everyone! First off I want to say Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year! I just received my basic black suit today through the mail and I must say it came pretty fast. As usual I tried on my suit without opening up the vents, or pressing it. I know distinctively that there are two problems, either the suit arm length is too short or the shirt's arm length is to short! My pants are way to short and my thighs are damn tight. The shirt of the collar seems to be strangling me and such. I just want to hear what sort of changes I should make with my suit. I will probably bring it to my local tailor after this weekend and get some measurements done.

Thanks for all your help, once again! Merry Christmas [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

General Measurements

Height: 5' 7"
    Weight: 135 lbs
    Shoulders: Normal Shoulders [​IMG]
    Chest: Regular Chest [​IMG]
    Stomach: Flat Stomach [​IMG]
    Posture: Normal Posture [​IMG]

Jacket

Jacket Length: 27.25"
    CHEST SIZE: 35"
    STOMACH SIZE: 30.5"
    SHOULDER SIZE: 17"
    SLEEVE LENGTH: 22.5"
    BICEP SIZE: 12.25"
    WRIST SIZE: 8.25"

Pants

PANTS LENGTH: 37.5"
    THIGH SIZE: 21"
    KNEE SIZE: 14.5"

Shirt

SHIRT NECK: 13.75"
    SHOULDER SIZE: 17"
    SLEEVE LENGTH: 22.25"
    BICEP SIZE: 13"
    WRIST SIZE: 6.5"

7. Approveusername

Approveusername Member

the "contrasting color felt" doesnt have an explanation, is it the one felt in the collar that it refers to?

have already placed my order, yet im hesitant if i want this contrasting color felt, is it at all visible when not turned up(e.g when using it normally with a tie)

I can change it until they have sent it to the tailor(the order) So any help in identifying what they mean would be much appreciated(how can they not explain it in detail?)

edit: those of you who have it, does it look good? is it even noticeable when being worn?

8. MrInvariant

MrInvariant Senior member

kincrat> There is something funky going on with the jacket collar. I suggest that you readjust and retake the pictures. Also don't button the bottom button. Cut the vents open. Most of the pics are very dark on my display, so it might be a good idea to use flash. Approveusername> Yes, I believe the "contrasting color felt" refers to the felt in the jacket collar. Normally it is not visible when the collar is not turned up.

9. kincrat

kincrat Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] There we go! I took some new pictures with the flash on and I cut open the vents. By the way my collar might look funky because I picked the slim lapel jacket, I am not sure if that makes a difference with the photo but neither the less, let me know what you think!

10. ZenStyle

kincrat - which shirt collar did you choose? Is that 'wide spread big'?

11. ZenStyle

On the suit I ordered, the 'contrasting color felt' was by default un-selected when looking at the advanced options. I decided to leave it un-selected.

12. MrInvariant

MrInvariant Senior member

There we go! I took some new pictures with the flash on and I cut open the vents. By the way my collar might look funky because I picked the slim lapel jacket, I am not sure if that makes a difference with the photo but neither the less, let me know what you think!

You will need a remake.

IMHO the most striking issue with the fit is the jacket collar: it should sit on the shirt collar, but currently it sits away (there is a huge gap). This is most likely caused by your "head forward" posture, i.e. your head is bent forward. Probably you will need a smaller jacket collar. For your remake, you should tell Indochino that you have a head forward posture (e-mail them).

It is difficult to judge from the photos, but it seems that you might have a slightly "round back," therefore I suggest that you change the posture option to "hunched posture." You also need the "sloping shoulders" option as well as the "average stomach" option.

The jacket is too short, I think you can add 2", but better ask your tailor.

I think the jacket might be too large in the chest, but again it is hard to see in the photos. It seems that the waist could use a little more suppression.

The jacket sleeve length looks okay (or just a tad long), and the shirt sleeve looks a bit short. Ideally 1/4" to 1/2" of the shirt cuff should be visible when your are standing normally.

The shirt is not too bad. You can reduce the shoulders by 1/4" or so on both sides. The bicep and waist are too baggy, so reduce the measurements.

Okay, so that is my opinion, but ultimately only you can judge the fit.
    By the way, welcome to StyleForum, lurk around, learn, and ditch the shoes. [​IMG]

13. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

You will need a remake.

IMHO the most striking issue with the fit is the jacket collar: it should sit on the shirt collar, but currently it sits away (there is a huge gap). This is most likely caused by your "head forward" posture, i.e. your head is bent forward. Probably you will need a smaller jacket collar. For your remake, you should tell Indochino that you have a head forward posture (e-mail them).

It is difficult to judge from the photos, but it seems that you might have a slightly "round back," therefore I suggest that you change the posture option to "hunched posture." You also need the "sloping shoulders" option as well as the "average stomach" option.

I think the jacket might be too large in the chest, but again it is hard to see in the photos. It seems that the waist could use a little more suppression.

The jacket sleeve length looks okay (or just a tad long), and the shirt sleeve looks a bit short. Ideally 1/4" to 1/2" of the shirt cuff should be visible when your are standing normally.

The shirt is not too bad. You can reduce the shoulders by 1/4" or so on both sides. The bicep and waist are too baggy, so reduce the measurements.

By the way, welcome to StyleForum, lurk around, learn, and ditch the shoes. [​IMG]

excellent assessment.

14. kincrat

kincrat Member

kincrat - which shirt collar did you choose? Is that 'wide spread big'?

I choose the "Wide-Spread Point Small".

15. kincrat

kincrat Member

You will need a remake.

Thank you Mr Invariant! I will go to the local tailor to get a final assessment as soon as possible. I really appreciate your input! [​IMG]