Indochino suits?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by crease, Jan 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. thrillermanila

thrillermanila New Member

These guys are cheap - I'll give them that. But the fit seems to be really hit or miss. Not so sure I want to risk it

2. comrade

comrade Senior member

3. Matthew K

Matthew K New Member

I am currently awaiting a blazer. However, based on their delivery estimates, I should have received it 3 days ago. Anyways, I have slimmer shoulders (about 19") and build, but opted for the wide peak lapels because I wanted something a little more unique. I am currently a little worried that the lapels will come out looking way too wide and ridiculous. Would anyone be able to leave any input, both on the lapels and shipping times? Any responses would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  4. benjamin831

benjamin831 Senior member

Over a hundred pages and all I see is wasted cloth. I feel like 90% of the Indochino customers would be better served with RTW.

Edit: LOL I just stumbled on my own post back in 2012

I'm still waiting.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  5. Michell

Michell Active Member

if the lapel is too wide, maybe it could be adjusted by one professional tailor to narrow the lapel, but if there is flower hole on the lapel. and there is about too much needed to be narrow, it is not workable

6. Matthew K

Matthew K New Member

Thanks.
    They have just returned an email back to me after a really long time that mentioned that they would adjust the 4" based on height, weight, and build.

7. ultramantaro

ultramantaro Senior member

FWIW the founders exited basically after the company was acquired. Both of them likely got a nice cut out of the deal, and needless to say it's one of the rare success stories in the MTM suit business. I think we have to give them the props. Since 2014 it is run by a bunch of eCom guys and gals - all they care about is squeezing the last cent. None of them have a clothing or brand background except for 1 guy who manages the product line.

But close to high end it is definitely not, and back when it started companies like Suitsupply didn't have a big presence in the US, anything west or south of the New England states I suppose. The game has changed drastically since then. Labor prices in China is no longer what it was in 2008.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  8. a tailor

a tailor Senior member Dubiously Honored

Many of the RTW makers also have a m2m program.
    Its handled through their retailers.

9. Jason21

Jason21 New Member

I just bought a suit (and shirt) from Indochino and was hoping to get some feedback as I'm going back in on Thursday to have adjustments made. Pictures are attached, you'll have to excuse the wrinkles. Keep in mind I don't know too much about suits, I have just been reading online a bit the last few weeks. So thanks in advance!

When they were measuring me, I told them I wanted it tighter around the waist as off the rack jackets are always too loose at the waist for me. We also ended up making the sleeves tighter and the pants tighter for a more modern fit.

Here's my uninformed opinion:
    -I don't like how where the jacket buttons it sticks out from my body. I expected it to be flatter against my body. Seems to stick out far when unbuttoned too.
    -Looking at it from the front, I like how it gets narrower from my armpits to my stomach. But then I don't like how it flares back out towards the lower party of the jacket. I'd rather have the lower part go straight down.
    -The pants are a bit too tight on the buttcrack, like I have a slight wedgie.
    -Are the pants too long?
    -The shirt sleeves are too long and too loose.

IMG_2812.jpg IMG_2814.jpg IMG_2818.jpg IMG_2820.jpg IMG_2822.jpg IMG_2823.jpg IMG_2824.jpg IMG_2827.jpg IMG_2828.jpg IMG_2829.jpg IMG_2830.jpg IMG_2832.jpg IMG_2834.jpg IMG_2835.jpg IMG_2837.jpg

10. comrade

comrade Senior member

My comment from Feb.15,2017:

" They sell junk"
    This should be your last purchase from them

11. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Senior member Dubiously Honored

It is unwearable.
    is that your natural posture?
    you are very sway. shoulders back stomach forward. legs back very flat seat prominent calves.
    I dooubt some novice kid at indochina will figure out how to correct for the next one.
    the button stance is too high

the shirt is not as bad.
    cuffs are too big sleeves too long and a bit to wide.
    armhole seems a bit too high. and chest too tight
    make the chest an 1" larger

good luck

12. Jason21

Jason21 New Member

comrade:
    Yeah, I was hoping it would work out since there's a store near me and the price was good, $360 for the suit

Shirtmaven:
    You're right, my posture does look weird. I had just come back from lifting weights so maybe muscle tightness affected my posture. I'll try it on again later today.
    I agree with your shirt comments.