• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must have woken up right after it stopped raining this morning and I was able to get in 7.5 miles and return home just as the rain was starting back up again. Perfect timing!

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ I do that, too. I also have orthopaedic insoles and when I am only running at slow pace I might still not use them once a week just to alternate the stress on the ankles / feet.

sam one swift question as you seem to be the most advanced runner in here. I have a halfmarathon competition upcoming on which I am aiming to run around 1:25hrs or so.
I am currently wondering on how to plan the week before the contest... I thought something like that:

Sunday: Long run
Tuesday: 5x1000m in the pace of the contest
Thursday: Jogging in basic endurance 1 pace (what's the proper name for this in English?) around 1h-1h15
Saturday: 30min basic endurance
Sunday: Competition

This looks good, I would just try to do 20 % less than average training volume 2 weeks before and 40% the week of, do no hard workouts, but keep paces close to normal.
I generally report basic endurance pace as "easy" or "distance" but I think the way you write it is pretty standard. If you want to run it in marathon training, then you do not need to taper except for during the 3-4 days before, although this will hinder your performance.

11 last night with 4 x 400 4x800 4x400 speeding up the whole way.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This looks good, I would just try to do 20 % less than average training volume 2 weeks before and 40% the week of, do no hard workouts, but keep paces close to normal.
I generally report basic endurance pace as "easy" or "distance" but I think the way you write it is pretty standard. If you want to run it in marathon training, then you do not need to taper except for during the 3-4 days before, although this will hinder your performance.

Impressive performance from you, consistently. I enjoy reading your stats.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Impressive performance from you, consistently. I enjoy reading your stats.

I feel crushed by his stats... :)

Anyway, 10 today, which is a PR for distance. Started off kinda slow and steadily increased my pace. My average pace was what I was doing for 3-mile runs a couple of months ago, so I'll take that as a sign of progress.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
been running fine, just not keeping up with my thread. Did a 1/2 as a training run in 132:30 over the weekend in pouring rain, not my best performance but not my worst, and the course was beautfiul. Back in NYC, 8 tonight. Bronx 1/2 marathon this weekend if Hurricane Irene allows.

Egert

Reaction score
did 14km @ 1:23 on tuesday - forgot to post :facepalm:

facing a dilemma today - 50km biking vs running 14km, my left hip, outer arch and little toe mounds are still a bit sore, so we'll see how I feel in the evening.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I ran 3.5 this morning. I wanted to do more but didn't feel up to it, and didn't have the time.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been lurking on this thread for a while and thought I'd finally jump in. Long time (now masters) runner not successfully combating the slowing effects of age. Now redirecting my racing efforts to cheering on my son who runs for his high school. Currently train in racing flats and trying to transition into more minimal shoes (less than 6mm drop).

Ran this morning around the grass soccer field at the local college for about 25 minutes or roughly 3.4 miles in XC racing flats.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got 8 in last night at 7:30's and approximately 12.5 tonight a little bit faster.
Was really happy to get in last nights run because I had constant sh#t goin on and I slept in. I've started doing a core workout as well per the advice of everyone I know. Feeling good.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6 miles in about 43 minutes. Preparing for the Grand Prix shakedown 8K race next Tuesday on Detroit's Belle Isle. All proceeds go to helping the homeless. This might be one of the prettiest urban races in America--an island in the river, views of the Detroit skyline, Canada across the river.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Not really keeping up with the thread but still logging the miles. I've gone from dreading the weekly track workout to looking forward to it, which is a change I didn't see coming. Also embracing the various configurations - 200m reps, 400m reps, 1200/800, etc. This morning was a new one for me, and one I couldn't quite understand: 300m reps - at least I couldn't see it until I realized you had 100m recovery - which makes it more arduous than the usual 200/200 or 400/200 for speed. Anyway, I banged out 3 sets of 3 x 300 with 100m recovery this morning (between 1:07 and 1:10 per 300) and felt awesome. I had to dodge the detritus from last night's football game (which we attended) but I didn't care at all. I guess I'm becoming a speed junkie.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

been running fine, just not keeping up with my thread. Did a 1/2 as a training run in 132:30 over the weekend in pouring rain, not my best performance but not my worst, and the course was beautfiul. Back in NYC, 8 tonight. Bronx 1/2 marathon this weekend if Hurricane Irene allows.

******* cancelled.... the giveaway shirt sucked too... stupid cotton tank top...

ah well my wife and I are driving up to ohiopyle park area to escape the storm... there's some nice paths to run/bike on out there plus the frank lloyd wright houses... might as well make a mini vacation out of living in an evacuation area.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

******* cancelled.... the giveaway shirt sucked too... stupid cotton tank top...

ah well my wife and I are driving up to ohiopyle park area to escape the storm... there's some nice paths to run/bike on out there plus the frank lloyd wright houses... might as well make a mini vacation out of living in an evacuation area.

Ouch - be well and stay safe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads