How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I must have woken up right after it stopped raining this morning and I was able to get in 7.5 miles and return home just as the rain was starting back up again. Perfect timing!

2. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

This looks good, I would just try to do 20 % less than average training volume 2 weeks before and 40% the week of, do no hard workouts, but keep paces close to normal.
    I generally report basic endurance pace as "easy" or "distance" but I think the way you write it is pretty standard. If you want to run it in marathon training, then you do not need to taper except for during the 3-4 days before, although this will hinder your performance.

11 last night with 4 x 400 4x800 4x400 speeding up the whole way.

3. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Impressive performance from you, consistently. I enjoy reading your stats.

4. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

I feel crushed by his stats... :)

Anyway, 10 today, which is a PR for distance. Started off kinda slow and steadily increased my pace. My average pace was what I was doing for 3-mile runs a couple of months ago, so I'll take that as a sign of progress.

5. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

been running fine, just not keeping up with my thread. Did a 1/2 as a training run in 132:30 over the weekend in pouring rain, not my best performance but not my worst, and the course was beautfiul. Back in NYC, 8 tonight. Bronx 1/2 marathon this weekend if Hurricane Irene allows.

6. Egert

Egert Senior member

did 14km @ 1:23 on tuesday - forgot to post :facepalm:

facing a dilemma today - 50km biking vs running 14km, my left hip, outer arch and little toe mounds are still a bit sore, so we'll see how I feel in the evening.

7. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I ran 3.5 this morning. I wanted to do more but didn't feel up to it, and didn't have the time.

8. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

Been lurking on this thread for a while and thought I'd finally jump in. Long time (now masters) runner not successfully combating the slowing effects of age. Now redirecting my racing efforts to cheering on my son who runs for his high school. Currently train in racing flats and trying to transition into more minimal shoes (less than 6mm drop).

Ran this morning around the grass soccer field at the local college for about 25 minutes or roughly 3.4 miles in XC racing flats.

9. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

Got 8 in last night at 7:30's and approximately 12.5 tonight a little bit faster.
    Was really happy to get in last nights run because I had constant sh#t goin on and I slept in. I've started doing a core workout as well per the advice of everyone I know. Feeling good.

10. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

6 miles in about 43 minutes. Preparing for the Grand Prix shakedown 8K race next Tuesday on Detroit's Belle Isle. All proceeds go to helping the homeless. This might be one of the prettiest urban races in America--an island in the river, views of the Detroit skyline, Canada across the river.

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Not really keeping up with the thread but still logging the miles. I've gone from dreading the weekly track workout to looking forward to it, which is a change I didn't see coming. Also embracing the various configurations - 200m reps, 400m reps, 1200/800, etc. This morning was a new one for me, and one I couldn't quite understand: 300m reps - at least I couldn't see it until I realized you had 100m recovery - which makes it more arduous than the usual 200/200 or 400/200 for speed. Anyway, I banged out 3 sets of 3 x 300 with 100m recovery this morning (between 1:07 and 1:10 per 300) and felt awesome. I had to dodge the detritus from last night's football game (which we attended) but I didn't care at all. I guess I'm becoming a speed junkie.

12. MoreFire

MoreFire Senior member

Today:
    15min warm-up routine
    4000m / 3000m / 2000m in 3:52min/km pace
    in between jogging 1400m / 1000m (active pause)
    cooldown

13. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

fucking cancelled.... the giveaway shirt sucked too... stupid cotton tank top...

ah well my wife and I are driving up to ohiopyle park area to escape the storm... there's some nice paths to run/bike on out there plus the frank lloyd wright houses... might as well make a mini vacation out of living in an evacuation area.

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Ouch - be well and stay safe.

15. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

the giveaway shirt sucked and then I left it at the bar. I'd say fuck NYRR, but it's fucking bloomberg.