• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Piece of a person pic with new tie

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Though if we are to be theologically correct, both the Bible and Talmud refers to mixing fabrics in the same garment. Cotton pants with a wool jacket might be shunned upon, but no stoning will be necessary.

Since I like summer shirts in cotton/linen mixes, I had to give up organised religion...

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Life is just a bowl of (hand hooked) ramen (on a phone pole).

On Monday, it was much colder than normal here. Today it was much warmer than normal here.

Brooks Brothers blue blazer, blue PPBD shirt, BB#1 stripe ribbon belt, and tie, exploding Gucci pocket square, Orvis trousers, Rugby Ralph Lauren socks, and Allen-Edmonds Flagstaff penny loafers. This is also another picture where part of my watch (the chain) shows by the watch pocket in the trousers.

Rather than a Piece-Of -A Person picture, here's a close up picture of the hand hooked bowl of ramen.....

....on a phone pole in front of a ramen shop on a street filled with ramen shops, sushi places, and almost every other sort of Japanese restaurant.

Based on what I've seen watching Japanese TV programs on NHK, ramen costs twice as much (if not more) in Los Angeles than it does in Japan.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Winter greys. I believe that @blekit has the same tie.
Jacket: Hackett
Cardigan: William Lockie
Tie: Poszetka
PS: A. Christensen
Pants: Berg & Berg
Boots: Red Wing

everyday

Reaction score
I can't really ever compete with the style, finesse and quality of everybody's ensembles here (stunning grey set, Diplomatic ties), but I set myself a goal this week: The same outfit, in different variations every day. Grey Coat, khaki pants, light blue shirt. Dark tie optional. Today:

Coat: D'Avenza Mohair Suit Jacket
Shirt: Charles Vögele
Pants: Red Hat Work Pants
Tie: Thrifted

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After a day of some rain (though much less than predicted), it is sunny and seasonably cold in NYC today - a good day for flannel.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - St. Petersburg Collection, London
PS - BB
Braces - Paul Stuart
Overcoat - BB
Scarf - New & Lingwood
Hat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center

Immaculate sir! You are correct. Black shoes are the only appropriate color for this attire.

The view out my living room window this morning:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a handful of things about that which I do not like, but somehow, all together, I like it. :thumbs-up:

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBBSTI LTD