• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CD - pretty nice. really sorry about the accident though. that sucks.

diaz - superb. lapels and all.

Pranav - sweet bed sheets, bro!

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Kent Wang/Tiberias. High gorge, straight points. But I really like what you have there and I'd personally stick to that. But that's me.

Well this is local MTM, I doubt I'd get anything over the net. In any case, it strikes me as odd that a MTM program would only offer rounded lapel points, but that's the impression I got last time. I need to ask again.

McBindle

Reaction score
Shirt is a light blue dress stripe that the camera couldn't capture. No square, Stitchy style. On an unrelated note, weather is being really great this week...

I moved the center button on the coat a little to give it some more overlap, and now the quarters are not as aggresively open when standing straight. Still debating with myself if I should use this jacket as a base for future commissions or just switch tailors. The right shoulder and armscye fits like a bespoke jacket, the left not so much. Long front balance should be fixable on a new jacket... would love to hear the opinion of a tailor working with a MTM program.

I agree with AAS on the notch of the lapel. It is a little too curved for my taste but not objectively wrong. This cloth looks very soft but with a "spring" back into shape. What is it?
Nicely done on tie width, collar point length and spread, and jacket lapel width - these are all harmonious. Is the tie a corral color?
I can't tell from the photo about the front balance, we'll just take your word for it! Is that a ticket pocket and are those all besom pockets?
Sleeve width looks good from here.

What are you pointing at?

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Before I knew how to wear a tie outside of a suit (I didn't own an odd jacket until joining SF)

i need to dig around and find some older pics of me....strong shoulder hard 3 button suits in 42L when i was 170lbs dripping wet. I looked like steve harvey with aids. and white.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with AAS on the notch of the lapel. It is a little too curved for my taste but not objectively wrong. This cloth looks very soft but with a "spring" back into shape. What is it?
Nicely done on tie width, collar point length and spread, and jacket lapel width - these are all harmonious. Is the tie a corral color?
I can't tell from the photo about the front balance, we'll just take your word for it! Is that a ticket pocket and are those all besom pockets?
Sleeve width looks good from here.

What are you pointing at?

The cloth is an end-on-end 100's wool, with a slightly rough texture, from Holland & Sherry's Intercity book. It's very nice, albeit a bit suit-ish - I might just turn the jacket into a BlazerSuit
2122.png
. That's indeed a ticket pocket, and all hip pockets have flaps, they're just tucked in.

The tie is more of a peach color, darker than it looks in the pic.

Not sure what I'm pointing at, lol. Hand is just resting that way
lol8[1].gif

Last edited:

Pranav Gautam

Reaction score
Ok mate real talk.

You have much to learn here and it isn't about color combinations.

Please iron your clothes and learn about fitted clothing; the internet is a very judgmental place.

No need to spam the page with 5+ detailed shots. The image of you with one leg in the air is quite silly.

This is not a thread to ask for advice or questions as there is a separate thread which helps with any problems you have.
Ya sorry brother. I know the clothes arent ironed. I didn't think of ironing before posting here because basically I just wanted to know of the color matches or not. Sorry for spamming. Just wanted to show. Ok I'll ask in other threads or different sites. :) Thank you. :)

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Well this is local MTM, I doubt I'd get anything over the net. In any case, it strikes me as odd that a MTM program would only offer rounded lapel points, but that's the impression I got last time. I need to ask again.

what you are reacting to, and everyone else is, is not so much the gorge. I like that gorge and if I were making you a jacket I would keep it like that or maybe do 1/4-1/2 higher at most. What you guys don't like us the size of the notch. If you take those same lapels, same gorge, but close up the notch a bit, you will get a different result. The rounded lapels, I like. It adds a little flair to the jacket. The other thing you need, the lapel width I would cut down by about 1/2 inch. I like big lapels but they need to be in balance to your chest and overall width.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ya sorry brother. I know the clothes arent ironed. I didn't think of ironing before posting here because basically I just wanted to know of the color matches or not. Sorry for spamming. Just wanted to show. Ok I'll ask in other threads or different sites. :) Thank you. :)

Just a suggestion, you might want to check out the 'Street wear and Denim' section on this website. It might be more in line with you casual, youthful, look.

Pranav Gautam

Reaction score
agree with all this except the last line. this is specifically where i come for advice. I get what youre saying though. He'd benefit a GREAT deal by lurking awhile and learning first.

but i do enjoy posts like his when they come up every few months.
wink.gif
the pre-sf innocence always tickles me.
You sound nice.. :)

I find myself aroused the most with the combination of greys/browns/blues. Gets me hard as algebra is to corky from life goes on.
rofl. :D

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what you are reacting to, and everyone else is, is not so much the gorge. I like that gorge and if I were making you a jacket I would keep it like that or maybe do 1/4-1/2 higher at most. What you guys don't like us the size of the notch. If you take those same lapels, same gorge, but close up the notch a bit, you will get a different result. The rounded lapels, I like. It adds a little flair to the jacket. The other thing you need, the lapel width I would cut down by about 1/2 inch. I like big lapels but they need to be in balance to your chest and overall width.

Thank you, Ed. Somehow I was thinking that raising the gorge would put it on top of my shoulders, too high, but couldn't figure out why it still looked "low" - the size of the notch seems to be the cause indeed. I believe they offer different, more closed notches, that I could try.

Would you still make the lapels narrower if shoulders were to be extended on a new jacket? This pose doesn't show it, but IRL I believe the jacket doesn't fully disguise my pear shape, so I was thinking of adding half an inch to the collar felt to sleeve cap measurement.

I actually did ask for 10 cm lapels with this jacket, but the factory made them 11 cm (I'm still wondering why), which is almost that half inch difference.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thank you, Ed. Somehow I was thinking that raising the gorge would put it on top of my shoulders, too high, but couldn't figure out why it still looked "low" - the size of the notch seems to be the cause indeed. I believe they offer different, more closed notches, that I could try.

Would you still make the lapels narrower if shoulders were to be extended on a new jacket? This pose doesn't show it, but IRL I believe the jacket doesn't fully disguise my pear shape, so I was thinking of adding half an inch to the collar felt to sleeve cap measurement.

I actually did ask for 10 cm lapels with this jacket, but the factory made them 11 cm (I'm still wondering why), which is almost that half inch difference.

I'd have to see you in person or a picture of how extended the shoulders. I don't know what size you are, looking at the pic I am guessing you have a 100-105 cm chest and 44-47 cm shoulders. I would stick with 9.5-10cm lapels. The other thing though, is that if you are keeping the roped shoulders, I would go with straight lapel points as opposed to the rounded ones, I think that is more coherent with those shoulders. I think your rounded lapels would look good with natural shoulder/unconstructed type jackets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads