• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorSF

Reaction score
luftvier

Maybe I'm wrong you and you are much better than I thought.

If I offended you - sorry, did not.

What I wrote earlier - it was the humor.

You dress well, but your fit I do not like. But like the selection of the combination.

I hope you do not mind constructive criticism?

Then I do not mind.

About your current order:

I like the elements themselves and the selection of colors.
Shoes - super!

But the jacket and pants do not sit very well ...

Jacket front recesses without me in itself does not like, but I know that in America, so it is accepted. Nevertheless, I would waist a bit reduced the volume of his jacket.

There are creases at the top of the sleeve.

The jacket I have shortened to 5 cm

Distances between the buttons - too much.

Length sleeveless shirts - too small

Length sleeveless jacket, too big.

The width of a tie for such a wide lapels - too small. It requires a wide tie, but not narrow.

And they themselves smoothed the lapels are too high above the top button, and must be smoothed out immediately after it. So it would be harmonious.

From the gate diagonally on the chest to the arms of two room are on either side of the chest. it says on the shoulder and a cut nepravilnm short length of the shoulder.

Pants have the correct length, but the length of many wrinkles. These pants do not have the balance (this term tailors)

But again - the colors, fabrics, I really like the concept!

If the finish coat and trousers the tailor, it would be great.

I hope not offended you? I tried to be constructive.

If you want I will not criticize you constructively, and if you will - I will.

In any case, forgive me for being too sharp, I do not mean to offend you.

I hope for companionship and constructive criticism.

Sincerely.

Last edited:

LoveSuits

Reaction score
@VictorSF

I believe most people who are uneasy with your postings are mainly so because your pictures strictly speaking do fall outside WAYWRN in the sense that they are not in the presence as the title suggest. (Wearing right now)

Your info and pictures are appreciated and it would be a shame if you stopped posting pictures. Your pictures are professionally done and a good inspiration. I personally have saved some of your pictures (amongst other posters) for future reference.

Last edited:

VictorSF

Reaction score
Holdfast

Saltricks

Very cool and elegant!
Photo pleases my eye.
worship.gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i know im late but holy fcuk this has been wild

TTO,
You should post more often. There is something about your style and fits I like, but I can't say exactly what it is.

its the awesome

Full disclosure, I get paid to wear that tie.

how did no one pick up on this? :lol: all day. oh and the website is great ( - conne anyways :hide: )

@ SPOO shoes, deets?

LoveSuits

Reaction score
Any comments on what shirt, tie and belt I should look for this suit?

Going to loose weight again to my former self. This suit was from 5 years ago.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lufty, if that suit had been solid I would have said that it was the best overall conservative business dress fit you have ever posted here. As it is, it is pretty good, I am just not a fan of that type of pattern on a suit. That is your best shirt collar ever, and the shirt doesn't have any of those funky/shiny patterns your white shirts have sometimes.
Thanks ed. This shirt and the offending jacquard weaves are all from my first batch of custom shirts. I went a little OTT. They're not getting to the point where their collars and cuffs are wearing out, so I am considering whether to replace the collars and cuffs with white broadcloth, or simply donate them.
luftvier

Maybe I'm wrong you and you are much better than I thought.

If I offended you - sorry, did not.

What I wrote earlier - it was the humor.

You dress well, but your fit I do not like. But like the selection of the combination.

I hope you do not mind constructive criticism?

Then I do not mind.

About your current order:

I like the elements themselves and the selection of colors.
Shoes - super!

But the jacket and pants do not sit very well ...

Jacket front recesses without me in itself does not like, but I know that in America, so it is accepted. Nevertheless, I would waist a bit reduced the volume of his jacket.

There are creases at the top of the sleeve.

The jacket I have shortened to 5 cm

Distances between the buttons - too much.

Length sleeveless shirts - too small

Length sleeveless jacket, too big.

The width of a tie for such a wide lapels - too small. It requires a wide tie, but not narrow.

And they themselves smoothed the lapels are too high above the top button, and must be smoothed out immediately after it. So it would be harmonious.

From the gate diagonally on the chest to the arms of two room are on either side of the chest. it says on the shoulder and a cut nepravilnm short length of the shoulder.

Pants have the correct length, but the length of many wrinkles. These pants do not have the balance (this term tailors)

But again - the colors, fabrics, I really like the concept!

If the finish coat and trousers the tailor, it would be great.

I hope not offended you? I tried to be constructive.

If you want I will not criticize you constructively, and if you will - I will.

In any case, forgive me for being too sharp, I do not mean to offend you.

I hope for companionship and constructive criticism.

Sincerely.
Victor – I’m not easily offended, especially not by posts on a message board about clothes. It’s difficult to understand the nuances of your post because of the translator, but I’ll reply as best as possible.
The suit’s a Brooks Brothers sack suit and it fits as intended – loose, anonymous, and comfortable. I’d not want it any shorter than it is, and the button stance is quite traditional, as I prefer it on a 3/2 sack coat. Creases on the trou, coat, sleeves, etc., are due to me sitting at my desk most of the day. My shirts are not custom, so I have several with varying lengths. As a result, my coat sleeves are not always perfect. I’ve taken an average approach to the coats sleeves; sometimes, they’re a hair too short, sometimes a tad too long, but I live with it. I really don’t understand what you mean about the lapels. I agree that the tie is a bit narrower than ideal with this lapel width. My suits clothes are mostly off the rack from Brooks Brothers, so I am rather boring in that regard. Bottom line: I’m an attorney, and I don’t want to look flashy. I’d prefer put-together, but not memorable. I understand your approach to dress, but it’s not the same aesthetic I prefer. I presume that we’ll be talking past each other quite a bit.
Good work, Lufty!:slayer:
Thanks.

Last edited:

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

74d0b16b.jpg

14e03034.jpg

[/SPOILER]

When I saw the first, upper-body shot I said, "Holy ****...if this is a suit and not just a jacket with this material it will be off the hook..." And lo and behold... :thumbs-up:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote&#58
Nice look UC. Did you forget to tuck in one of your pockets? Or is this a snazzy new tailoring detail, to have one flap and one besom pocket?
It's called "didn't realize that one of my pocket flaps was tucked in until after I had taken today's pictures, and didn't want to re-take them". Gdot was kind enough to send me a private message noting this discrepancy, and no, it is not a trendy new style which I wish to promulgate. Both flaps were out before I left the house this morning.

Chico2007

Reaction score
There was such a nice chill in the air this morning that I put on some cords and a check SC. (They were swapped for a grey suit before I walked out the door).
1051u0o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads