• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

banis

Reaction score
Is it still allowed to post any pictures without participating in the above discussions? :)
i-S9JxPJT-XL.jpg

i-fXcDrKD-XL.jpg

i-W2X3NJD-XL.jpg

VictorSF

Reaction score
is it safe for a newbie to post a picture now?

rps20110927_143407.jpg

"this suit is NOT black!" -borat
rps20110927_143339.jpg

rps20110927_093705.jpg

rps20110927_143220.jpg

rps20110927_093638.jpg

i don't like my point collar today. too long and too close. i have come to love the medium and wide spread collars
i like my new tie (thanks davesmith)
you can't really notice the paw prints on my tie unless if you take a second look or up close

Good! Nice combo. I like it

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

More Fair Isle than Cosby, really. You probably saw 'em but were so dazzled by the rest of my ensemble you forgot.

Fair Isle is hip again. When I saw a Fair Isle cardigan in a store a month ago, I thought: not for NOBD. Then I tried it on with a simple brown unstructured herringbone jacket, and a simple pair of jeans and brown suede monks I was wearing at the time (my uniform), and I actually quite liked it. The "ensemble" didn't scream at all. Sometimes you just have to try things.

I think it was this one:

img002710.jpg

I ended up buying a different cardigan, but my eyes were opened and I saw the light... :)

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I ended up buying a different cardigan, but my eyes were opened and I saw the light... :)

Yet you can't move forward in the sock department? :laugh:

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wasn't going to wear this jacket again only a few days after the last time, but it went better with the rest of the look than the jacket I originally planned to wear, so...

zlJfn.jpg

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excuse the photos - the only way I can get any decent shots with this webcam is in close up and it still distorts the colour. Proper pictures will be forthcoming in future. I have a specific question behind these shots, which is - can this suit be saved? It is very nice material from a decent but not top-end clothier (DAKS of London), but it wasn't cut for me, it was cut for someone with very similar but not quite exactly the same measurements. The trousers are perfect (the sock shot makes them look short because I've pulled them up). The lapels are not of the kind currently favoured. And yes, I know I am not wearing a pocket square or a tie-pin. Oh, yes, and it is atrociously humid here today (rain, rain rain) and the suit needs a press. So - ditch the suit? Have the lapels narrowed / recut? Anything else? Keep it as is?

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wasn't going to wear this jacket again only a few days after the last time, but it went better with the rest of the look than the jacket I originally planned to wear, so...

Love the jacket and the tie, not so sure that the pink-striped shirt is the best colour you could have chosen with this ensemble. I am trying to work out what would have been better: the stripes are definitely good, maybe just a different shade of pink? Sorry to be so vague, and it isn't at all bad, but there's something about the shirt that isn't bringing the best to the outfit.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
HF, is the jacket plum coloured? I like.

Thanks! Yes, it's very dark plum corduroy.

How come you're not posting pics these days?

Love the jacket and the tie, not so sure that the pink-striped shirt is the best colour you could have chosen with this ensemble. I am trying to work out what would have been better: the stripes are definitely good, maybe just a different shade of pink? Sorry to be so vague, and it isn't at all bad, but there's something about the shirt that isn't bringing the best to the outfit.

Thanks. Yes, you're right, a lilac (or maybe tan) stripe would have been better, but I lack such a shirt. Maybe next time I get round to ordering some... :)

So - ditch the suit? Have the lapels narrowed / recut? Anything else? Keep it as is?

I don't like the cloth's pattern, but the fit is generally good, so if the pattern is to your liking, I'd keep it. The lapels look fine to me, but the shoulders appear very square. Paradoxically, I think that if you want such strong shoulders (or that's your actual build), you could actually use a little more shoulder extension to balance that out (to make your chest an inverted triangle rather than a truncated quadrilateral, if that makes any sense at all. Either that, or less shoulder padding to remove the problem in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads