• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Drzdave58

Reaction score
Hi guys I am a little confused with US to UK sizing conversions between different boot makers. Can someone please tell me what UK size a US11 in the grant stone lasts convert to? Grant stone have no conversion tables that I can find.
Im size 10.5 D US in GS and size 10 UK …My brannock size is 11 US or 44 EU….hope this helps

Moostyle

Reaction score
Im size 10.5 D US in GS and size 10 UK …My brannock size is 11 US or 44 EU….hope this helps
Hmm thanks interesting, my left foot is Brannock 11.5 (28.4cm / EU44.8) and my right is 11 (28cm / EU44.3) with a heel width of 7.25cm on both feet . The US11 Edward Maduro Shells feels just a little too big and I wish I had swapped them for a 10.5 but it's too late now as I have used them a few times which is way too much for a return.

Drzdave58

Reaction score
Hmm thanks interesting, my left foot is Brannock 11.5 (28.4cm / EU44.8) and my right is 11 (28cm / EU44.3) with a heel width of 7.25cm on both feet . The US11 Edward Maduro Shells feels just a little too big and I wish I had swapped them for a 10.5 but it's too late now as I have used them a few times which is way too much for a return.
You can go down a 1/2 size and up a width in GS and get the same fit. My Diesels are 10.5 D and my Ottawas are 10 E

Moostyle

Reaction score
You can go down a 1/2 size and up a width in GS and get the same fit. My Diesels are 10.5 D and my Ottawas are 10 E
I think a 10.5D would have fit me to be honest, but maybe I am just inbetween a US10.5 and a US11. I have ordered a new insole and some heel grips and I will see if that makes them fit snugly, but it's the length that is annoying me more than anything... there is a touch too much creasing for my tastes. :)

Moostyle

Reaction score
AHh I forgot to ask. If you (or anyone else for that matter) have a Diesel or an Edward could you please do me a huge favour and measure (using the bottom of the shoe):

1) How long they are from the tip of the front welt to the rear welt (total external length)
2) How wide they are at the widest part of the front
3) How wide they are at the widest part of the heel

No rush and no problem if you can't. Thanks! :)

jam tangan

Reaction score
I think a 10.5D would have fit me to be honest, but maybe I am just inbetween a US10.5 and a US11. I have ordered a new insole and some heel grips and I will see if that makes them fit snugly, but it's the length that is annoying me more than anything... there is a touch too much creasing for my tastes. :)

if you have the opportunity (and most importantly - desire) take a picture in your full growth.
It will be easier for us to assess your doubts from the point of view ratios: your height -vs- the length of the shoe.
Please show a photo with folds. According to my assumptions, it should form a single (main fold) without a pronounced wave.

jimrude

Reaction score
Hi guys I am a little confused with US to UK sizing conversions between different boot makers. Can someone please tell me what UK size a US11 in the grant stone lasts convert to? Grant stone have no conversion tables that I can find.

I typically wear a US 11. This is "generally" the same as a UK 10. In the GS Leo last, I wear a US 10.5. So, I suppose I would wear a UK 9.5. Is that helpful?

Moostyle

Reaction score
I typically wear a US 11. This is "generally" the same as a UK 10. In the GS Leo last, I wear a US 10.5. So, I suppose I would wear a UK 9.5. Is that helpful?
Thanks jim yes that's helpful to know. What is your brannock size did you ever measure it?

Moostyle

Reaction score
Yep, pretty much an 11 D. About 11 heel to toe, and 11.5 heel to ball, but I never find my toes cramped or my foot wrongly positioned, so... ?
If your foot is fine then your foot is fine. I may go to a shoe store and try on some other Red Wing and Viberg 10.5's and wee how they fit. I hate buyers remorse, it's a sucky feeling.

jam tangan

Reaction score
If your foot is fine then your foot is fine. I may go to a shoe store and try on some other Red Wing and Viberg 10.5's and wee how they fit. I hate buyers remorse, it's a sucky feeling.

next observation: you showed the position of the toe in the boot on the right foot (28 cm).
but your left foot is 28.5 cm. In theory, there is even less free space in the toe.

Moostyle

Reaction score
next observation: you showed the position of the toe in the boot on the right foot (28 cm).
but your left foot is 28.5 cm. In theory, there is even less free space in the toe.
Yes thanks, my left foot is always the one i need to size my shoes for. I will wear my shells tomorrow all day with some midweight socks, see how they feel at the end of the day and try to get some pics taken in good light. :)

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went out for a birthday dinner in the OG Crimson Ottawas
5ILgphF.jpg

These puppies are so comfortable

Bacharini

Reaction score
Let's see those Essex diesels!

I have am in receipt of both the Color 8 CXL and Essex Diesels. I’ll take some pictures soon. Suffice to say, they are quite nice.

The Essex feels like a more finished version of the “raw” Essex I’ve handled in the past (Essex watch strap, Essex trainers), but the color is the same.

The Color 8 has that aubergine pop—more red than shell color 8, but still with a bit of purple tone. Unsurprisingly, the Grant Stone color 8 CXL in-person looks just like the Viberg color 8 CXL pictures available online.

My wife says if I buy one more boot I shall be committed. I will need to smooth this over before the Sagaras and Whites arrive in a few months.

Moostyle

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a question please. If I am currently 11D in a boot, which is good for width but has a lot of toe space... then would a 10.5E keep the same width but just lose a little toe space? I don't have the chance to try any on at the moment but am just wondering if it would give me the same fit as an 11D but without an inch or so of space at the end. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads