• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fragrance Top 10

sbbbjm

Reaction score
in no particular order . . .

Platinum Egoiste by Chanel
London by Burberry
Un Jardin en Mediterranee by Hermes
Black Orchid by Tom Ford
Tumulte by Christian Lacroix
X by Clive Christian
CDG 2 (not CDG 2 Man)
Allure Homme by Chanel (am actually really liking the Edition Blanche too)
Sequoia by CDG

sbbbjm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by anonym
Help me find a good perfume, I have been using a Victor&Rolf - antidote for a while and I need a new one. I dont know what to choose, i whant something like the antidote.

Eny idea?

i'm assuming if you want something like Antidote you're liking the sweet, powdery, iris character of it. there are tons of scents in this vain that have come out recently

try Dior Homme, Prada Infusion d'Homme, Armani Attitude, Arpege Pour Homme by Lanvin, Burberry Brit, Armani Code . . .

Subby

Reaction score
Is there a way to mass order a bunch of these in test bottles? I'd like to try these without dropping 60$.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^^ yeah, there's a bunch of decant retailers like perfumed court around. Check Basenotes.net, there's a thread listing a bunch of them... prices are a little whack but if you really want to try B4 buy, it's a good way.
I'd first suggest hitting your local dept. store and begging for samples, then call/email the companies direct, then PM people and pay/swap, and as a last resort order samples from online guys... I've tried everything i've ever wanted and never had to order samples online.

Subby

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
^^^ yeah, there's a bunch of decant retailers like perfumed court around. Check Basenotes.net, there's a thread listing a bunch of them... prices are a little whack but if you really want to try B4 buy, it's a good way.
I'd first suggest hitting your local dept. store and begging for samples, then call/email the companies direct, then PM people and pay/swap, and as a last resort order samples from online guys... I've tried everything i've ever wanted and never had to order samples online.

Thanks, ended up buying a bunch off perfume court.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Subby
Thanks, ended up buying a bunch off perfume court.

Cool. They send the juice out quickly, but don't be surprised if your order comes in 2 shipments.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
IMHO, the greatest scent ever put on this earth is Orange Spice by Creed. I think they took it out of their lineup, but I scooped up 4 bottles at the Paris flagship. The scent is unlike anything else I have ever smelled. Amazing. Anyone else every try this?

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
Love Marc Jacobs cologne when I use it. Also, a fan of John Varvatos original. I use old spice deodorant on a daily, and I love the scent.

Can anyone give me some alternative recommendations to these? Thanks.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HOT Sriracha
Love Marc Jacobs cologne when I use it. Also, a fan of John Varvatos original. I use old spice deodorant on a daily, and I love the scent.

If you want a very upscale Old Spice-like scent Creed Bois Du Portugal is pretty amazing.

Subby

Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
Cool. They send the juice out quickly, but don't be surprised if your order comes in 2 shipments.

Really? Because I ordered it on the 29th and it still hasn't arrived...wtf?

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Subby
Really? Because I ordered it on the 29th and it still hasn't arrived...wtf?

That is pretty slow. E-Mail them and ask for an order status. Never took more than a week to get my samples from them.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HOT Sriracha

If you liked the Marc Jacobs for men (rectangular clear bottle black plastic cap?), try L'Artisan Premier Figuier (spelling?) and Dyptique Philosykos. Both alternative takes on the whole fig+leaf+tree/moss note.

As for old spice, you could also add the Massive (!) and cheap bottle of EdT to the mix to give you more longevity

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads