Fragrance Top 10

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by rach2jlc, Nov 10, 2007.

1. sarcasticfolly

sarcasticfolly Senior member

Thanks willpower, I will try that.

2. kabadam

kabadam New Member

I wonder what people think about comme des garçons parfums? Are they too much personal, unusable in the public, considering their strange (synthetic) ingredients?

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

CDG are fine for public wearing. For instance, CDG2Man is easy-wearing (lemon candle-smoke), and Palisander is quite pleasant. Nothing wrong with synthetics: pretty well everything you see on the shelf these days has synthetics, and that is been the case since Guerlain Jicky (pre-1900)

Now, if you were asking about Nasomatto, I would have a different opinion. Especially Duro.

4. super

super Senior member

I love Dolce and Gabanna pour homme. Classic

5. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

follow up...

does anybody in here have a good recommendation for a non-irritating deodorant (only, not looking for anti-perspirant). my old spice is giving me rashes these days.

at the stores they recommended anthony logicstics.

Thanks

For me, it depends on the old spice scent - green irritates. The blues ones - pacific something and arctic something don't irritate. They aren't always carried at my local shops.

I am currently using the sandalwood deodorant from Trumpers. It works well, but is a little stronger than I'd like. No irritation with it.

+1 on the sweating much less with deodorant than anti-p. And deodorant means no pitting of my shirts as well.

6. anonym

anonym New Member

Help me find a good perfume, I have been using a Victor&Rolf - antidote for a while and I need a new one. I dont know what to choose, i whant something like the antidote.

Eny idea?

7. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

I wonder what people think about comme des garçons parfums? Are they too much personal, unusable in the public, considering their strange (synthetic) ingredients?

There are a ton of CDG scents, and some of them are not appropriate for every occasion. Most of the mainline scents, CDG Man, number 2, Silver Words, Series 4 which is mostly two or three note synthetic blends, those are pretty inoffensive and are more versatile. There are other scents that are very powerful, very cloying, or just downright weird that I probably wouldn't wear to certain occasions. However I've never thought "I wouldn't wear this scent in public!" if I really liked it.

8. willpower

willpower Senior member

9. mtsoccer4

mtsoccer4 Senior member

Surprised not to see your Dior on there Rach. I figured it would be #1.

I've always hated Rive Gauche with a passion. It smells like a retirement home to me. Just awful. Good list otherwise.

Drizz - You've got to stop shopping at Sephora. [​IMG]

For my part, I'll add L'Artisan Tea for Two, L'Artisan Passage de Enfer, Dior Homme, YSL Live Jazz, and Acqua di Parma Colonia.

Anyone want to setup a little decant/swap network? I know Basenotes banned decants and the trading/selling boards have been pretty dead over there for a while now. What do you all think?

Just picked up a bottle of Dior Homme a couple months ago. It is a traditional fragrance with a kick of modernity. Have to use a lot, but it's damn hot!

10. BAB

BAB Senior member

my current collection:

- creed silver mountain water (wonderful scent i am wearing at the moment)
    - polo black (very versatile and classy)
    - creed green irish tweed (expensive and good)
    - chanel egoiste platinum (to drive females crazy)
    - ralph lauren purple label (classy, albeit not very lasting)
    - dior homme (clichÃ[​IMG]d but who cares)
    - l'eau issey miyake (for sunshine)
    - creed bois du portugal (for rainy days)

11. jakejake

jakejake Senior member

I don't know much about fragrances, but did order these samples to test them out:

-A*Men: Too strong, didn't like it.
    -Creed Tweed Irish: kinda like it, but wasn't very impressed. I dont know why it's so popular.
    -Terre D'Hermes: really short-lasting.
    -D&C PH: I like this the most and it seems to stay on me a lot longer than the other ones.

12. kulata

kulata Senior member

m7 ysl
    Terre D Hermes
    Gucci ii pour homme
    Hanae mori
    Narciso Rodriguez for him
    Dior homme
    Body Kouros
    Ferrari Black
    Diesel Fuel for life
    Kiton

13. Mild Mannered

Mild Mannered Senior member

14. auto_pilot

auto_pilot Well-Known Member

Don't have a top ten...but here would be my short list so far:

Thierry Mugler Angel Men Pure Coffee
    Lucky by Lucky Brands (clear bottle)(but actually Liz Claiborne)
    Lolita Lempicka By Lolita Lempicka For Men

15. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

There are a ton of CDG scents, and some of them are not appropriate for every occasion. Most of the mainline scents, CDG Man, number 2, Silver Words, Series 4 which is mostly two or three note synthetic blends, those are pretty inoffensive and are more versatile. There are other scents that are very powerful, very cloying, or just downright weird that I probably wouldn't wear to certain occasions. However I've never thought "I wouldn't wear this scent in public!" if I really liked it.

Agreed. Odeur 53 was the weirdest one for me from their standard collection... sort of like rubbery buttercream. Very odd. The Synthetic series was odd, too... dry cleaning and such.

Aside from that, though, most of the series are wearable... Incense and Red are lovely, the Cologne series (Vettiveru, Anbar, Citrico) are light and fresh, and as you mentioned Man and Man 2 are nice. The Hinoki one (I forget the actual series name or number), though expensive, is also very good.