• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finamore Napoli vs Hilditch and Key vs Russell and Hodge vs Dege and Skinner RTW

nat3291

Reaction score
Finamore Napoli vs Hilditch and Key vs Russell and Hodge vs Dege and Skinner RTW
Interested in a comparison between the four brands in terms of quality and fit. A ranking of the four would also be welcome. Individual quality would be helpful. Thank you in advance.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nat3291
Interested in a comparison between the four brands in terms of quality and fit. A ranking of the four would also be welcome. Individual quality would be helpful. Thank you in advance.

If you could show us photographs of you wearing each one, we could give you some idea of which one fits the best.

- B

nat3291

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
If you could show us photographs of you wearing each one, we could give you some idea of which one fits the best.

- B

I dont own any of the four. In terms of fit, i mean which would have a slimmer or more modern cut.

ohm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nat3291
I dont own any of the four. In terms of fit, i mean which would have a slimmer or more modern cut.

Use the search function to find out what people think in terms of quality and go to the different brands' websites to get an idea of what their RTW selections look like.

nat3291

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ohm
Use the search function to find out what people think in terms of quality and go to the different brands' websites to get an idea of what their RTW selections look like.

I have searched the four brands on this forum. There is not much information on the quality of dege and skinner rtw and russell and hodge. I am asking for information on these two brands. Aswell as the superior shirt out of these four.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buy yourself one of each and then write a review for us.
smile.gif

FlaneurNYC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only one from that list I've owned is Hilditch & Key.

They're a tad blouse-y for my taste. Definitely not slim fitting. But nice buttons and good construction.

theorientalist

Reaction score
Dege and Skinner have the cachet, but also the highest pricce. Hilditch tends towards the trad, and the baggy; I have no experience with Napoli, but I can recommend Russell and Hodge, they actually make their shirts on premises as opposed to the others; they also do not charge a premium for simply being on the Row or on Jermyn street.

LeonM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by theorientalist
but I can recommend Russell and Hodge, they actually make their shirts on premises as opposed to the others; they also do not charge a premium for simply being on the Row or on Jermyn street.

As R&H is not on either of those two streets, they cannot charge a premium because of their rent.

Leon

theorientalist

Reaction score
What I meant is that Dege & Skinner and Hilditch & Key probably markup their prices due to their locations, Russell and Hodges, not being on those two streets, doesn't. They used to be on Jermyn street though.

Khnelben

Reaction score
Finamore are very nice and generally slim off the rack. And I actually think they are the most expensive of the list (but this depends on the number of hand made operations and the material).

Andrey

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know that this is an old discussion but I just noticed it and thought I would add my two cents. I don't own any shirts from the other makers but I do own some MTM shirts from Finamore and I love them. They are beautiful shirts and they have a great slim cut fit to them. I would highly recommend Finamore. All though, by now I am sure you have probably already made up your mind. What did you end up deciding on?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads