• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Catalyst

Reaction score
I really want a Navy small duffle... I keep hoping they'll release one before Christmas but it's not looking like it... How much was that navy Harris Tweed bag above?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont recall exactly. i got from end.com and i think they had a discount for first time buyers, so i wanna say it was 225 when the dust settled maybe?

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
great choice (size, colors, tweed, etc) Stichy!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, mang!!

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi guys, 

I'm finding this thread really helpful! any black friday deals I should be watching out for? I'm waiting for a good deal on a navy twill and tweed.

Thanks!

Good luck with that. I'm not at liberty to discuss the details but good luck finding any deals.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was lucky to find a deal last minute, but i would have happily paid full MSRP. i was actually about to when a friend emailed me about the end.com first time buyer thing and that they had what i wanted. they are worth every penny at full price and its probably the best kop i made all year.

rogerveredub

Reaction score
well I got the 256 in tan but it has very slight discoloration in the canvas color on certain areas on the outside of the bag. you wouldnt notice unless you are looking very close like I am.
BcF6ID

There are long sort lines of a slight discoloration in the fabric.... looks like it may have been folded or something happened but I dont think I can even capture it in a photo.
I really don't know if its worth returning over something like that... has anyone ever seen something like that on a 256 before?
I had a quick look at my 258 and 256 and if you look very closely there are some slight lighter lines. Some have probably been there since day 1 and others have probably been added in daily use. I'd live with it unless it really annoys you. After a while the bag is going to get additional character.

Last edited:

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had a quick look at my 258 and 256 and if you look very closely there are some slight lighter lines. Some have probably been there since day 1 and others have probably been added in daily use. I'd live with it unless it really annoys you. After a while the bag is going to get additional character.

Those lines are normal and to be expected. It's the nature of waxed twill or tin cloth. It is not a defect.

Crane's, do you know if a navy 257 is ever going to happen?

I would say so but the question is when.

noobzpro

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new here. I'm very interested in the 70262 but am unable to see one in real life thus i need the help from fellow forumers.

Firstly, I'm 6.3 foot. Is this bag to small for someone my size?
2nd, I'm looking to fit a 15 inch mbp or alienware 14 in it. Is it possible?

Thanks a lot for your help, i really love the filson look but am not looking at a messenger as i would like better weight distribution carrying my stuff. If it doesnt fit the above 2 criteria any other recommendation which is as kickass as filson?

Last edited:

nevadabob

Reaction score
Firstly, I'm 6.3 foot. Is this bag to small for someone my size?

The bag is probably not too small for you, but the shoulder strap may be too short. Filson has recently started selling replacement straps, including this one I use with my Field Satchel.

I wonder if you called Filson and asked nicely, if they'd be able to ship a longer strap to you with your purchase instead of the standard size one.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can someone please post real world pics of the Brown Small Duffle?

Large duffle next to the small duffle. I've used the small duffle as a carryon and it works well. It's also a good weekend bag, and if you don't care about the clothing inside being balled up, you could fit a lot of stuff into it. I think you could fit 2 basketballs into the small duffle, with room to spare. I'm going to use the large duffle this weekend on a road trip for the first time. It's a beast, and more than I need for this trip, but it's nice to have room inside and not have to dig through things to find what I need.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads