• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What stereo(s) do you listen to? What do you want?

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1693510851535-png.2017137
I can't recommend a DD-40 more highly. The MA-505 is a classic tonearm, and the looks speak for themselves.

If you get tired of the Luxman, track down a DD-40.

Beautiful!!!

If I find a clean DD-40, the Luxman will almost certainly be immediately claimed by my son. He has an uncanny ability of suddenly appearing whenever I have extra equipment 😄

Last edited:

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
Wow! I'm constantly amazed at the vast number of manufacturers in the high end hi-fi 'space.' I mean, how do they survive? I'm one of two people I know with decent stereos.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I happened upon a pair of Dynaco A-10 speakers during the summer. The walnut cabinets were in great condition so I snapped them up. I had no idea that these smallish speakers w/6.5" woofers from 1972 would sound as good as they do. Today they went from jazz to touch of country to R&B/Neo-Soul, to 90s Rap, to salsa, a couple samba tunes and then back to jazz and performed magnificently.

They mate up well with the cap coupled Sansui 5000A plus they're teeny enough so that whatsherface doesn't whine about them. Win Win

tgDKK1Q.jpg

Last edited:

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I happened upon a pair of Dynaco A-10 speakers during the summer. The walnut cabinets were in great condition so I snapped them up. I had no idea that these smallish speakers w/6.5" woofers from 1972 would sound as good as they do. Today they went from jazz to touch of country to R&B/Neo-Soul, to 90s Rap, to salsa, a couple samba tunes and then back to jazz and performed magnificently.

They mate up well with the cap coupled Sansui 5000A plus they're teeny enough so that whatsherface doesn't whine about them. Win Win

tgDKK1Q.jpg

Looks great, can you post pics without grill covers? I bet they sounds pretty great too.

plus: “they're teeny enough so that whatsherface doesn't whine about them. Win Win.” 😂😂

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great, can you post pics without grill covers? I bet they sounds pretty great too.

plus: “they're teeny enough so that whatsherface doesn't whine about them. Win Win.” 😂😂

vm7BibY.jpg

My only knowledge of Dynaco was of their kit amps that my coolest uncle (he was a Vietnam Vet, a part time bicycle roadracer and drove a VW Bug with a skull & crossbones dripping blood painted on the ceiling) built a couple before I was born.

Of course I've heard about the A-25 online but chalked that talk up to old guys trying to relive their glory days. So when I saw these speakers I immediately noticed the simple screw speaker terminals.

Yuck!

And a scrap of paper taped to the rear that specified 8 ohm and the polarity of the terminals

Cheesy

But they were surprisingly heavy. And the walnut finish was nearly pristine leading me to believe that it was solid and not veneered.

Hmmm...

Then I noticed a plastic bag taped to one speaker containing a single Dynaco badge

Interesting...

So I picked them up without even testing them out. I got home and found out that they were A-10s, had similar sound to the A-25 but were much rarer. All in all they sound very pleasing to the ear.

popcorn-burton-guster.gif

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
'The Boy' sent me a status report on the Snell E ii that I gave him 😃

6hrsrfV.jpg

TkVe7aS.jpg

Last edited:

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bet a little sub (hidden away) to fill in the Dynaco's low end a touch would be swell. A pair of quad electrostatics is for sale near me and I remember that I live in a small apartment and Altecs or Electrostats will have to wait for a new chapter

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bet a little sub (hidden away) to fill in the Dynaco's low end a touch would be swell.

I've been keeping my eyes open for a smaller sealed sub

A pair of quad electrostatics is for sale near me and I remember that I live in a small apartment and Altecs or Electrostats will have to wait for a new chapter

dammit!

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that a Dansk Quistgaard ice bucket that is being used as an umbrella stand?

Snells look great

I'm 99.9999% certain that he thrifted it. I introduced him to the art of thrifting when he was in high school and he ran with it. I bet he will say "I love the warmth of walnut and the symmetry of the piece just called to me" or something like that. He's all about design which, I guess is useful for a junior architect

I just texted him to Google 'Dansk Ice Bucket Jens Quistgaard' and then take a selfie of his reaction

Snells look great.

He says they are forever speakers and I think he realizes that they are arguably 'better' than my E3s.

Last edited:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never done any tube rolling, I think my appreciation of any subtle nuances in the sound coming out of the speakers would be purely illusory, or self deluding.

i've done a little bit , it is pretty easy to hear the difference .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads