• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What stereo(s) do you listen to? What do you want?

idlerich

Reaction score
I have a real soft spot for space age design. I love the record players on this list here, although I'm talking about the design and appearance as I've no idea how they sound.

I saw this list and thought it was really cool, but I assumed that I would never see a single one of them in reality....

.... until randomly I saw one mouldering away on the floor of a Lisbon second hand record shop. In fact, it's my favourite one, made by Welltron, this one...

30fff8_1d43f97641ac499f9dca56dcf30f3cc4~mv2.jpg

images (7).jpeg

il_fullxfull.1821585935_nntw.jpg

The above are stock images, the one in the shop is in much worse nick, it is dirty looking and says it needs minor repairs before you can play records on it - and they want 600 euros for it.

Now I said I don't care too much about the sound quality but I would like it to turn round and play records so I can hear them without damaging them... plus cos it's so old looking it won't really be a great ornament. Now maybe I could fix it, smarten it up so it does look good, but I can't justify that outlay with all those maybes... but it's so frustratingly close...

As an aside, like I say, i love the space age aesthetic in objects, even some weird and cool women's clothes, but men's clothes in that style seem very thin on the ground indeed, plus those that do exist look pretty half-arsed and lame. An I missing some good stuff? If anyone can suggest some nice space age clothing for men you will blow my mind, and of course, earn my eternal gratitude!

Last edited:

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that a Dansk Quistgaard ice bucket that is being used as an umbrella stand?

I'm 99.9999% certain that he thrifted it. I introduced him to the art of thrifting when he was in high school and he ran with it. I bet he will say "I love the warmth of walnut and the symmetry of the piece just called to me" or something like that. He's all about design which, I guess is useful for a junior architect

I just texted him to Google 'Dansk Ice Bucket Jens Quistgaard' and then take a selfie of his reaction

He told me that he was aware of what it was when he bought it. He said that it called out to him and even though it was missing the cover he still bought it. I was shocked that he actually owns an umbrella :rotflmao:

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Finally got a Marantz 7T. To be honest, I can't tell the difference between 7T plus 8B vs 7C vs 8B.

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
Ooof, this is a difficult read. The downside of constantly seeking better sonic performance

"“You’re mining the lunatic fringe,” Jonathan Weiss, the owner of Brooklyn-based high-end audio boutique OMA, warned me when I told him about this story. Fritz, he argued, was the kind of obsessive who gives audiophiles a bad name."

LOL. Weiss calling this guy lunatic fringe/bad name/obsessive is freaking rich. Just look up some of his YouTube and IG stuff.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to say that OMA designs look really cool. Never heard any of their stuff but they look like modern art that happen to play music.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ooof, this is a difficult read. The downside of constantly seeking better sonic performance

You have to try hard as a father for your son to say to you, "Die slow, mother ******! Die slow."

"“You’re mining the lunatic fringe,” Jonathan Weiss, the owner of Brooklyn-based high-end audio boutique OMA, warned me when I told him about this story. Fritz, he argued, was the kind of obsessive who gives audiophiles a bad name."

LOL. Weiss calling this guy lunatic fringe/bad name/obsessive is freaking rich. Just look up some of his YouTube and IG stuff.

100% agree. This dude makes speakers that are $100k+. Who do you think are buying these things?

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Devon Turnbull, the guy behind Nom de Guerre back in the day, is now into building retro-inspired Hi-Fi gear. Great video if you want to nerd out on Western Electric vacuum tubes and Altec Lansing horn design.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have to try hard as a father for your son to say to you, "Die slow, mother ******! Die slow."

100% agree. This dude makes speakers that are $100k+. Who do you think are buying these things?

Yeah, I found that part hard to read, especially as a father. Then he had varying relationships with the rest of his children...

Devon Turnbull, the guy behind Nom de Guerre back in the day, is now into building retro-inspired Hi-Fi gear. Great video if you want to nerd out on Western Electric vacuum tubes and Altec Lansing horn design.

Wow, that was an interesting watch... same question as above, who is this store marketed towards??

They don't really want foot traffic?

Who has room fro (most) of those speakers?

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I found that part hard to read, especially as a father. Then he had varying relationships with the rest of his children...

Wow, that was an interesting watch... same question as above, who is this store marketed towards??

They don't really want foot traffic?

Who has room fro (most) of those speakers?
Yeah, you hit the nail on the head. So you want to open a store, but you don’t want customers. It’s hilarious to look at his website. Everything is sold out.

My favorite part of the whole interview is where he basically says that collecting vinyl has become too mainstream, and therefore he only collects reel-to-reel tape.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads