• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I decided to get more info on the listing..or just entertain myself and some of you.

My question to her (not him), and kinda being a wise ass LOL:
"When was this bag manufactured? All Filson's have what's known as a "Build Tag" with the model number and date of manufacture, usually containing 4 digits (i.e. 1109...meaning November 2009)"

Her kind response (which was actually lighting fast):
"Hello! I will have to look closer at the bag! I didn't know that information so I will definitely check it out and let you know! Thank you"

I'm just curious how someone in their right mind could sell something that Filson outlets, today, give away with every purchase for no extra charge. It kinda irritates me, especially as an eBay seller. Logical.logic.226 is our store that I started with my mom back in 2012. We just sell on the side, nothing impressive really (Earning nearly $17,000 since July 2012). We've managed somehow to maintain 100% feedback from 243 recorded buyers; not everyone leaves feedback as @GzStudio can attest to. We both work very hard to make sure our buyers (perspective as well) are fully satisfied, both before and after receiving their item. So when I see **** like this it bothers me. This seller also started in 2012 with the same 100% score (although she's not "Top Rated" so go figure).

If the bag was from the 1990's, which no evidence to that is available in the listing, I would probably buy it though. Sorry if I come across as mean (even if it's part of my name)

Last edited:

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pockets are very user friendly, I'll give you that one. I'm still curious under whose careful watch was this bold creation released under. It can't be Stan Kohls; the father of our prized rugged twill luggage (which this thread is based off of). On the other hand it can't be Mark Korros, the father of the most famous Filson clothing collaboration; the Levi's / Filson Trucker Jacket (which is selling on average for over $500 USED!!!).

I hear you, but if you've been around the block, you've seen things come in and out of fashion. We all like to think we are independent thinkers and unfazed by current trends, but statistically that simply isn't true. Hey this thread is in styleforum.net after all.

Early in my career, pleated dress pants, square toe shoes, blousy 3-button suits and Tumi black ballistic luggage (red and black tag prominently displayed) was the look of the midlevel corporate dude. Ask anyone back then and they would have argued why would anyone want slim fitting Mad Men era suits with colorful socks and ties? Or a short Depression era haircut with a lumberjack beard?? And a Filson briefcase or duffle would be dismissed too "army surplus" looking for the office. I can attest to this - as I was around then - and was still using Filson!

So I am guessing 15 years ago, Filson sales of traditional stuff were slipping and I am guessing they thought a more modern nylon line of luggage might be a good idea indeed to hedge their bet.

They bet wrong. Tastes changed. But hindsight is always 20/20!!

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hear you, but if you've been around the block, you've seen things come in and out of fashion. We all like to think we are independent thinkers and unfazed by current trends, but statistically that simply isn't true. Hey this thread is in styleforum.net after all.

Early in my career, pleated dress pants, square toe shoes, blousy 3-button suits and Tumi black ballistic luggage (red and black tag prominently displayed) was the look of the midlevel corporate dude. Ask anyone back then and they would have argued why would anyone want slim fitting Mad Men era suits with colorful socks and ties? Or a short Depression era haircut with a lumberjack beard?? And a Filson briefcase or duffle would be dismissed too "army surplus" looking for the office. I can attest to this - as I was around then - and was still using Filson!

So I am guessing 15 years ago, Filson sales of traditional stuff were slipping and I am guessing they thought a more modern nylon line of luggage might be a good idea indeed to hedge their bet.

They bet wrong. Tastes changed. But hindsight is always 20/20!!

Agreed. I guess my only intelligent thing I have to say in response to that is to keep living life and observing what stays and what goes in terms of fashion. I'd imagine that things that once were considered to be trendy, that hibernated for awhile, but miraculously resurfaced is a win win scenario to be in. I just hope, in these technological times we find ourselves in now, that the briefcase or duffel remains a useful tool. It's depressing from a car guys perspective what isn't trendy or even offered retail anymore to paying customers. The manual transmission and the actual ignition key are both on the chopping block. There once was a time when the manual transmission was considered as a "standard" and our pockets contained an ignition key (not a key fob).

Last edited:

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great perspectives both Soletrane and OMG. I think so of this is to do with life stage and experience - realizing that classic quality is appealing in ways that are hard to define, as well as getting to the point where self consciousness is replaced by don’t give a ...
At that point you be who you want to be, and I think that authenticity in an increasingly fast paced and social media driven world is also appealing. I’m regarded as oddball at work, but my oddness of perspective is what make me valuable to customers. Go figure.

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My theory is that the increased demand for quality (particularly American made by "heritage" brands) nicely dovetails with the near absence of American made clothing and accessories at the typical retail level. A Made in America trend would have been nonsensical when I was a kid because nearly all this stuff was made in the US from your Pony or Converse sneakers to your Levi's jeans or your Champion tee shirt by established US companies with long storied histories. Only when all these companies went overseas with their production did people eventually start to long for quality domestic made stuff. And then again, mostly at the higher ends of the market.

I view this recent desire for authenticity and heritage in consumer goods to be intertwined with the planned obsolescence and overseas production of consumer goods. People want at least some things in their lives with a longer than 2-year product life and wasn't built for pennies on the MSRP dollar.

Last edited:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My theory is that the increased demand for quality (particularly American made by "heritage" brands) nicely dovetails with the near absence of American made clothing and accessories at the typical retail level. A Made in America trend would have been nonsensical when I was a kid because nearly all this stuff was made in the US from your Pony or Converse sneakers to your Levi's jeans or your Champion tee shirt by established US companies with long storied histories. Only when all these companies went overseas with their production did people eventually start to long for quality domestic made stuff. And then again, mostly at the higher ends of the market.

I view this recent desire for authenticity and heritage in consumer goods to be intertwined with the planned obsolescence and overseas production of consumer goods. People want at least some things in their lives with a longer than 2-year product life and wasn't built for pennies on the MSRP dollar.

Not sure if you're a President Donald J. Trump fan, but he has a strong clear viewpoint of "Made in America by American Workers. I hate to bring politics into the discussion, but it's definitely relevant. I think the future is quite bright that maybe even Ray Bans will once again be made in the USA (joking)

I'm a proud open supporter of his, even when he virtually zero chance of getting the nomination, let alone becoming our next President. New Jersey is quite Liberal mind you, but like @speedy611 I too am an oddball LOL

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you're a President Donald J. Trump fan, but he has a strong clear viewpoint of "Made in America by American Workers. I hate to bring politics into the discussion, but it's definitely relevant. I think the future is quite bright that maybe even Ray Bans will once again be made in the USA (joking)

I'm a proud open supporter of his, even when he virtually zero chance of getting the nomination, let alone becoming our next President. New Jersey is quite Liberal mind you, but like @speedy611 I too am an oddball LOL

Have you ever seen a Donald Trump item made in America?! The dude doesn't give AF, unless it's cheaper.

Maybe that's his goal? Driving down the cost of American labor...

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I’m a dual national but neither of those is American so I’ll steer clear of that debate, despite having lived in the US and working for a US based business.
For me the nationality of manufacture isn’t necessarily an imprimatur of quality. The heritage of Filson and it’s role in the story of the American West is interesting and I’m glad that they respect that, largely speaking. On the other hand (hypothetically) it’d be fascinating what the Japanese otaku mentality could come up with given opportunity to get involved in the Filson product line. The obsessive mindset of otaku tends to turn out incredible quality and attention to detail - sometimes surpassing the originals....

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I’m a dual national but neither of those is American so I’ll steer clear of that debate, despite having lived in the US and working for a US based business.
For me the nationality of manufacture isn’t necessarily an imprimatur of quality. The heritage of Filson and it’s role in the story of the American West is interesting and I’m glad that they respect that, largely speaking. On the other hand (hypothetically) it’d be fascinating what the Japanese otaku mentality could come up with given opportunity to get involved in the Filson product line. The obsessive mindset of otaku tends to turn out incredible quality and attention to detail - sometimes surpassing the originals....
I'd be intrigued to see that, Japan in the past, as been largely involved in the growth and expansion of the Filson Brand.

Last edited:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you ever seen a Donald Trump item made in America?! The dude doesn't give AF, unless it's cheaper.

Maybe that's his goal? Driving down the cost of American labor...

LOL I guess I missed that on CNN. I'm not trying to go off topic here and start a violent debate. Already had my fill with that nonsense most of last year. Just like to keep things civil and on point with the topic of this thread, although ever-veering from time to time. I just mentioned his name because i thought it had something to do with what @Soletrane had said. Although I probably gushed a little too much, something I'm known to do :facepalm:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won't hold it against you... :cheers:

I'm not one to harp on the MiUSA thing. I prefer things that are well made, regardless of where they are made.

If one is going to say things should be made here though, one's own brand should be made here as well.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I won't hold it against you... :cheers:

I'm not one to harp on the MiUSA thing. I prefer things that are well made, regardless of where they are made.

If one is going to say things should be made here though, one's own brand should be made here as well.

I hear ya. Although I must say that I love Taco Bell but would rather not find out where it's really made. Actually really considering becoming a vegetarian like my sister. She works for the USDA geese removal unit, if you can believe that conundrum lol. She works with former military snipers at airports, whose sole job is to shoot birds on the runways. She's taking me to Vegfest New Jersey for my 33rd Birthday next week. I don't think I'll ever be able to go hardcore vegan...you know because I would then have to give up my beloved Filson's bridle leather goodness. ;).

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear ya. Although I must say that I love Taco Bell but would rather not find out where it's really made. Actually really considering becoming a vegetarian like my sister. She works for the USDA geese removal unit, if you can believe that conundrum lol. She works with former military snipers at airports, whose sole job is to shoot birds on the runways. She's taking me to Vegfest New Jersey for my 33rd Birthday next week. I don't think I'll ever be able to go hardcore vegan...you know because I would then have to give up my beloved Filson's bridle leather goodness. ;).

Taco Bell is a great example... It may be made in America, but that alone doesn't make it digestible.

Edit: just saw this pop up in my instagram feed... ironically, it's MiUSE from imported materials, so made in the USA from foreign s--t, I suppose.

IMG_8429.PNG

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads