• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

that POW check that's up on the sportcoat factory find is EXACTLY what i was hoping to see but i absolutely loathe patch pockets.

I've got a similar one that's going to be in the Weller shape.

Aaaaannndddd it's gone!

Oh it's not sold out - just staging it. We'll put all of them online at 4PM. But you'll see them pop up for a few seconds while I QA the live item.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I click the “special order” on the epauletnewyork site, and go to suiting, it still brings up shoes. Since it sounds like yall are seeing some fabrics, do I need to reset cookies or something on my computer? Grazie

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

When I click the “special order” on the epauletnewyork site, and go to suiting, it still brings up shoes. Since it sounds like yall are seeing some fabrics, do I need to reset cookies or something on my computer? Grazie

No, I'm building out the items, popping them online for a second to check them, and then taking them down.

Stock is very limited on some fabrics, so I want everyone to get an equal shot at the ones that they like. Starting at 4PM, we're going to activate them all en masse. They'll all be visible in the SPECIAL ORDER section, and shortly after, I'll post a recap of all that's available here in the thread.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For the Factory Finds, we can offer the jackets in odd sizes. If it's your very first jacket order and you often find that slim-ish sportcoats fit too closely, then it's possible to size up one inch and order a 41. While there's a chance that this is too big, it would be preferable to take in a 41 rather than let out a 40.

What are the measurement differences between 40 and 41?

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike a few quick questions. The Sport coats you brought to the LA Trunk Show:

1. Regular length?
2. Napoli will be single vent?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

What are the measurement differences between 40 and 41?

Exactly in the middle of 40 and 41 - all the patterns are computer-scaled and cut on an automated table. Depending on how its sewn though, you can have up to a .3 inch or so variance in some spots.

Mike a few quick questions. The Sport coats you brought to the LA Trunk Show:

1. Regular length?
2. Napoli will be single vent?

Yup, all of the LA sportcoats were Regular Length. So is everything hanging in our stores.

The Napoli is going to be DOUBLE vent from here on in - by overwhelming request.

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I asked about 41 measurements for a special order on the Napoli and Matt replied that they are approximately:

CHEST - 21"
SHOULDER - 17.75"
SLEEVE - 27"
LENGTH - 30 1/8"

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Oh - even for special orders? I'd really like single vent when I get around to placing my 38s.

Typically yes, but not with these factory finds. To get that $475 price, we have to make the same exact shape and buttons for everyone. But it's entirely possible for us to do a one-off hopsack napoli for you at the usual price + special order fee. We've done a few of those actually.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Southwick Factory Finds

First batch is up! I've got about five heavy-tweed Daltrey's to add to the mix. But you can see some very choice selections already:

http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/special-order

For today, this thread is the only place that we're going to communicate these coats. They'll go out in our newsletter and social media tomorrow morning. So you guys have first crack at everything!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads