Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Mike-
    Will the Navy Loro Piana Tonal Glen Plaids be coming with the next trouser delivery in 2 weeks?

2. trig

trig Senior member

3. trig

trig Senior member

i'm waiting on those loro piana trousers too!

4. oisin

oisin Senior member

have you tried a pair of walts? for whatever reason, I find the inseam to be good on Walts (even before letting out on most of the pants--though I did have to on a pair of poplin walts), even though I too find the rivets to be borderline at best after a wash. For me at least, Walts basically hit with no break with the factory inseam. Dunno why the difference, but that's how it is. I may never be able to get a cuff going on, but I'm happy with the length of the Walts.

5. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

^^^most days I wish I were taller...6'+ people just look better in the same clothes that us 5'9ers look average in. But I guess you tall folks can't cuff em like this (2.25") on my Cramerton Walts today:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

sweet! khaki twill sounds like a must and the irish linen is tempting. are there a lot of modifications to the walt fit for shorts? someone mentioned the thighs might be too slim, so i was going to take some measurements later to compare my modified walt shorts and regular walt trousers.

7. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

That sport coat is 5 stars, :slayer:.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012

8. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Absolutely.

9. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

It likely has to do with the fact that the Walts have a longer rise than the rivet chinos. This can add to the total length. Check the outseams, I bet the Walts are a little bit longer.

10. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Love the look NYR

11. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Nativity in Black

[​IMG]

Gitman x Epaulet Club Collar Oxford

[​IMG]

N.B.: I actually had no intention of posting a fit pic today, but the shot in the bottom-left corner looked so much like the cover of Sabbath's first album that I just had to post it. Technically, there is an Epaulet piece in these shots.

12. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Thank you! I'm really excited for them. We're building out our trouser collection something fierce this season, and I want to bring a lot of great options to the table.

There's about two inches that you can let out on the existing pattern. We've got some really tall customers, and I haven't yet come across anyone who needed a Walt trouser with longer than the full inseam let out.

Yup, they should be. The matching Southwick jackets should be inbound right after that.

Typically, shorts will have a larger thigh and comparative opening than a trouser would in the same cut. If you've got pretty thin legs, then simply hemming a trouser can work - although you'll notice the thigh fit to be significantly slimmer.

Neither Dylan nor I have slim legs. We learned the shorts altering thing the hard way. I had a pair of Super 120's Rudy's hemmed into shorts which pretty much gave me a living NC-17 rating. Dylan hemmed his double-faced digital camos into cuffed shorts. They ended up on the slightly hilarious side of obscene.

Agreed, that looks great! Props for successfully combining all those tones of brown too.

13. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Can anyone comment on the fit of the Epaulet Pindot Charcoal shirt after it is washed? Just wondering if it shrinks much (trying to determine if I want the L or XL)

14. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

Just got my Olive Service Chinos and Desert Duck Rivets back from the tailor. He was VERY impressed with the construction of the pants. :)

15. applky

applky Senior member

I'm wearing it right now. Like pretty much all fabrics Epaulet uses, it doesn't really shrink. Plus even if it did, the fabric has such an open weave I'm sure it would loosen up.

I machine wash gentle, cold, in a sweater bag, and hang dry, by the way.