• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike-
Will the Navy Loro Piana Tonal Glen Plaids be coming with the next trouser delivery in 2 weeks?

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone want the caramel duck rivets in 34 before I return them?

Last edited:

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mike-
Will the Navy Loro Piana Tonal Glen Plaids be coming with the next trouser delivery in 2 weeks?

i'm waiting on those loro piana trousers too!

oisin

Reaction score

Ok the cotton Walts at $150 have piqued my interest... is there any chance of getting a special makeup with an extra inch or two on the inseam? I find the Rivets (old version) to be borderline on length after a wash, and with the inseam of the walts at 34 vs. 35.5 there seems to be no hope for me, even after lengthening by an inch.

have you tried a pair of walts? for whatever reason, I find the inseam to be good on Walts (even before letting out on most of the pants--though I did have to on a pair of poplin walts), even though I too find the rivets to be borderline at best after a wash. For me at least, Walts basically hit with no break with the factory inseam. Dunno why the difference, but that's how it is. I may never be able to get a cuff going on, but I'm happy with the length of the Walts.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^most days I wish I were taller...6'+ people just look better in the same clothes that us 5'9ers look average in. But I guess you tall folks can't cuff em like this (2.25") on my Cramerton Walts today:
076facf4.jpg

33a62817.jpg

runningfrog

Reaction score

Absolutely. Not sure if we're going to run Rivet shorts just yet, but we'll definitely have an assortment of Walt Shorts. We'll run khaki twill, navy twill, and a medium blue Irish linen. Maybe another color or two. I'm with you, I love wearing the Walt shorts. They're my daily uniform from May through the end of August.

sweet! khaki twill sounds like a must and the irish linen is tempting. are there a lot of modifications to the walt fit for shorts? someone mentioned the thighs might be too slim, so i was going to take some measurements later to compare my modified walt shorts and regular walt trousers.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^^most days I wish I were taller...6'+ people just look better in the same clothes that us 5'9ers look average in. But I guess you tall folks can't cuff em like this (2.25") on my Cramerton Walts today:
076facf4.jpg

[/IMG]

That sport coat is 5 stars, :slayer:.

Last edited:

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

have you tried a pair of walts? for whatever reason, I find the inseam to be good on Walts (even before letting out on most of the pants--though I did have to on a pair of poplin walts), even though I too find the rivets to be borderline at best after a wash. For me at least, Walts basically hit with no break with the factory inseam. Dunno why the difference, but that's how it is. I may never be able to get a cuff going on, but I'm happy with the length of the Walts.

It likely has to do with the fact that the Walts have a longer rise than the rivet chinos. This can add to the total length. Check the outseams, I bet the Walts are a little bit longer.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nativity in Black

Gitman x Epaulet Club Collar Oxford

cloud.gif

N.B.: I actually had no intention of posting a fit pic today, but the shot in the bottom-left corner looked so much like the cover of Sabbath's first album that I just had to post it. Technically, there is an Epaulet piece in these shots.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Those twill colors are the best news I've seen, clothes-wise, in awhile.

Thank you! I'm really excited for them. We're building out our trouser collection something fierce this season, and I want to bring a lot of great options to the table.

Ok the cotton Walts at $150 have piqued my interest... is there any chance of getting a special makeup with an extra inch or two on the inseam? I find the Rivets (old version) to be borderline on length after a wash, and with the inseam of the walts at 34 vs. 35.5 there seems to be no hope for me, even after lengthening by an inch.

There's about two inches that you can let out on the existing pattern. We've got some really tall customers, and I haven't yet come across anyone who needed a Walt trouser with longer than the full inseam let out.

Mike-

Yup, they should be. The matching Southwick jackets should be inbound right after that.

sweet! khaki twill sounds like a must and the irish linen is tempting. are there a lot of modifications to the walt fit for shorts? someone mentioned the thighs might be too slim, so i was going to take some measurements later to compare my modified walt shorts and regular walt trousers.

Typically, shorts will have a larger thigh and comparative opening than a trouser would in the same cut. If you've got pretty thin legs, then simply hemming a trouser can work - although you'll notice the thigh fit to be significantly slimmer.

Neither Dylan nor I have slim legs. We learned the shorts altering thing the hard way. I had a pair of Super 120's Rudy's hemmed into shorts which pretty much gave me a living NC-17 rating. Dylan hemmed his double-faced digital camos into cuffed shorts. They ended up on the slightly hilarious side of obscene.

That sport coat is 5 stars, :slayer:.

Agreed, that looks great! Props for successfully combining all those tones of brown too.

Last edited:

thebunk

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the fit of the Epaulet Pindot Charcoal shirt after it is washed? Just wondering if it shrinks much (trying to determine if I want the L or XL)

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my Olive Service Chinos and Desert Duck Rivets back from the tailor. He was VERY impressed with the construction of the pants. :)

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the fit of the Epaulet Pindot Charcoal shirt after it is washed? Just wondering if it shrinks much (trying to determine if I want the L or XL)

I'm wearing it right now. Like pretty much all fabrics Epaulet uses, it doesn't really shrink. Plus even if it did, the fabric has such an open weave I'm sure it would loosen up.

I machine wash gentle, cold, in a sweater bag, and hang dry, by the way.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads