Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. applky

applky Senior member

Truth.

2. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

one to lounge in and the other to gym in, duh.

3. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Well I have about 12 Epaulet Shirts and I would say that you are mostly right, I have found a couple of exceptions, chiefly the Italian Gingham and the french cuff tatersall which I could not even wear after washing. I am just fielding feedback as I was just recently bitten is all.

4. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

What are boys who own the Koy/Paisly shirts wearing them with? I have been eying those up as well (the blue one specifically) but wondering how I would rock them. I'm thinking casually untucked with some shorts or chinos for the spring summer.

Any fit pics and styling would be helpful!

5. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

I think I've posted a few pics with the paisley and Strawberry Thief shirts. I don't own the koi, but I'd wear that untucked with white trou or maybe khaki shorts. Could look cool with red bottoms—or could look disastrous. Not sure.

- K

6. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

I have a pretty simple summery light grey EG andover that I think will be aces with it and some pin rolled chinos.

7. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

the koi shirt is an awesome print. i've worn it with heavyweight stone rivets, bedford cord moss rivets, and cramerton walts. any of those kind of tones would be fine, and definitely would be nice untucked with shorts. i've also worn it with med grey walts if you want to dress it up a little. works well under a grey sweater.

i'm surprised it's still available. a really great deal on sale at $105.

8. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

My missing Caramel Ducks mysteriously showed up today...only 3 days after they were marked as delivered on the USPS tracking page. A little late, but at least they're finally here! Most likely will have some fit pics tomorrow.

9. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

So I went out to pick up my sanded canvas Walts from the tailor today and wore my Salingers while doing so. Action photo here, since I was caught not flat-footed by the camera timer.

Plan to take the Walts on a trip, so should have some photos of those soon as well.

[​IMG]

10. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

So I got the new navy chinos in place of the old ones. The actual material is different. I kinda like the ruggedness and canvas-like feel of the old one. The new ones feel more "cotton-like." It's all good. So how do I do my cuffs? They don't sit taught if I pull them up? Should I have them hemmed?

11. oisin

oisin Senior member

so this is really disappointing. only the second time wearing my caine blazer and i give a little tug on the back to get it to sit right and the stitching near the vent comes undone and screws up the fabric. i feel like this should not happen. the stitching on the other side also looks like it's coming loose.

[​IMG]

12. silence76

silence76 Member

I've received the Olive Canvas Walts a few weeks ago. Since they have a fairly dressy look, I was wondering if you guys would recommend washing them (vs dry cleaning)?
    If washing them is an option, should I do so before bringing them to my tailor?

13. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

So I might be speaking out of line here, but..

Don't you guys think that issues with specific garments(namely tears, defects, wear, etc.) should be addressed via a phone call to Epaulet or a private message to Mike? I just think an official affiliate thread isn't the best place to address those sorts of things. I've just been noticing a lot of these types of posts here. They don't really contribute to the thread and if anything, hurt business.

Epaulet provides awesome customer service...some of the best they've seen. I think the least we can do as customers is address our concerns privately instead of in open air.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012

14. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

I've worn my koi shirt with grey, khaki (similar shades to both the British and Japanese Khakis) and olive. They look great untucked with shorts. I'm in the tropics so I usually wear it with shorts. No fit pics, sorry.

15. oisin

oisin Senior member

perhaps you are right and maybe i should have just sent an email. it's just very easy to post here -- you get a community going so you throw things out good and bad. I don't know, I guess I can understand them not wanting little problems in public where maybe someone would get the wrong impression. i'm certainly not out to hurt business (nor do i think it would be possible for me to do so--these guys are going gangbusters!). on the other hand I'm not against seeing issues people have. most people are smart enough to know that examples you see on here of positives and negatives are just a small sample.