Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. astris

astris Senior member

The low rise is my biggest issue with the rivets as well. It's hard to keep my shirts tucked in at work. It's frustrating enough to where I want to look elsewhere for chinos.

2. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

I bought the Koi print shirt on sale. Just last week I was thinking if those shirts ever go on sale I would have to get them. I was interested in them when they first appeared but didn't know when I'd wear them. I guess I'll figure that out after I have it in hand.

3. iluvatar

iluvatar Well-Known Member

I'm seriously tempted to pick those up as well. I'm pretty sure it's the opposite, though. The madras shorts I got last summer felt a bit tighter than the wool walts I have.

4. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

hmmm, also have my finger poised over the cop trigger..

5. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

One word for those commenting on the size difference between old and new chinos... commando. The women dig it.

6. Gingahbman

Gingahbman Senior member

That's my understanding. My winter walts definitely fit a bit snugger than my thin fabric counterparts.

7. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Thank you sir! And we're absolutely doing 3 piece suit separates in grey flannel for the fall. Got to have something awesome to match up with all the shell cordovan boots we'll be selling :slayer:

Whoa, they look great! Thanks for picking them up and posting the pic

Yes, we wash tested the duck canvas. With a cold wash and hang dry you should expect no shrinkage. They'll feel a little tighter after the wash, but that will break right back in with a little bit of wear. They'll soften up nicely too.

We were able to make about 28 pairs of 10oz French Blue with the remaining fabric, but we took around 60 reservation requests, so we'll have to fill them first-come, first-served for the delivery on 3/20.

But, French Blue is going to materialize in three other places:
    1. They'll be a summer-weight 7oz French Blue canvas coming in around mid-April
    2. The 10oz French Blue (same as we have now) will get a small restock in mid-May
    3. We'll get the Walt trouser in brushed Pale French Blue in about two weeks.

Absolutely. Not sure if we're going to run Rivet shorts just yet, but we'll definitely have an assortment of Walt Shorts. We'll run khaki twill, navy twill, and a medium blue Irish linen. Maybe another color or two. I'm with you, I love wearing the Walt shorts. They're my daily uniform from May through the end of August.

Cool, thanks for the order! No you can expect the cotton ones to basically fit the same. Back in the early days of our line we made cotton washable walts bigger in the waist to allow for shrinkage, but they don't really shrink. So they're cut in the same pattern as everything else.

I've got you covered!

Although a lot of customers wear both shapes, the Walts and the Rivet Chinos are meant to be two distinct items. The Walts are traditional trousers and run the gamut of true dress pants to casual biz-caz pieces. The Rivet Chinos were intended to serve the same purpose as jeans. They were designed with an lower rise, a slightly aggressive cut, and casual signature details like the outseam stitching and the herringbone striping.

A lot of the Walt cotton variants are speciality cloths, like moleskin, cramerton, and sanded canvas. We never really had a regular source of "basic" cotton fabrics. We do now! In about 3 weeks, we'll drop the new Cotton Twill Walt line. Same construction and fit as always, but with a some tweaked design details and a $150 price point. The fabric is great - it's a basic 100% cotton twill that's preshrunk and color fast. We'll have six colors to start with. In clockwise order, they are Navy, Brick, Cloud, Blaze, Khaki, and Gunmetal.
    [​IMG]
    The Brick color is seriously boss. It looks a little wonky and pink-ish in this photo, but it's not. It's a perfect, deep red tone.

8. nbernie

nbernie Senior member

This is great news. The more I read about them, the more it seems like these are what I'm looking for instead of the duck canvas. I think I might cede my french blue duck preorder if I was one of those who got it.

9. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

digital cameras suck at capturing red properly [​IMG]

10. jdvs

jdvs Member

Mike: just a quick suggestion: would you consider doing an email list or separate thread for Rudy pre-orders? I did a pre-order of the Donegal tweed Rudys, and I plan on ordering a few Spring/Summer trousers, but there's so much activity on this thread that it's hard to keep up and I'm worried I'll miss out!

11. astris

astris Senior member

Not quite... the rivets are borderline too tight, so I don't think I could even fit into walts. Alterations are out of the picture since there isn't a tailor around I trust to sew a button or isn't a dick.

We are about the same size and I know you're a Rudy person...

12. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

No problem! We're going to launch this line as Walt-only, but we'll have production Rudy's for the follow up order. I'll probably look to do Rudy's in Navy and Khaki - with other colors being available as Rudy special orders.

13. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

Those twill colors are the best news I've seen, clothes-wise, in awhile.

14. Jobst

Jobst Senior member

Ok the cotton Walts at $150 have piqued my interest... is there any chance of getting a special makeup with an extra inch or two on the inseam? I find the Rivets (old version) to be borderline on length after a wash, and with the inseam of the walts at 34 vs. 35.5 there seems to be no hope for me, even after lengthening by an inch.

15. unclesam099

unclesam099 Senior member

You may find that there's an inch and a half or more to let out safely. I don't have a new pair of Walts handy at the moment but I believe that they give you 2" folded under...