Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. thirdman

thirdman Senior member

Got a pair of the olive canvas walts in the mail. Love them! The canvas has just the right amount of body (they feel a bit like the cramertons) but is still quite soft. Also a great colour, should be really versatile.

One request for fall: please offer a jacket in one of the grey flannels you've been doing trousers in!!! I've always wanted a good grey flannel suit :)

2. GBear

GBear Senior member

Haha, I'm going to wash these again and then wear them like mad. They are damn sexy, hopefully, they'll slowly let out a bit in the crotch area. I am not used to chinos like these that have such a low rise. Maybe I'll put up a fit pic some time with some TOJ. :slayer:

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Did you notice any shrinkage after washing?

I dry clean all of my pants so I wouldn't know.

Dude, I'm telling you...ToJ whiskey, white v neck t shirt, French Blue Ducks, GATs. You take it first, and I will take the picture right after. We can post it simultaneously!

Whoever said Epaulet pants are addicting was right. I just ordered the seersucker pants. I think I'm averaging a pair per week at the moment. Next buys will be plum, red, and orange ones. :slayer:

4. GBear

GBear Senior member

Lol, I've got all of that but I was thinking about my TOJ brown MDR. I'll do it as my next WAYWRN then! :slayer:

The Epaulet chinos are damn nice, does not feel like there has been any shrinkage. It fits a little weird though, maybe I'm not used to this fit...or I may need to size up?

5. trig

trig Senior member

they look great in the fit pic post-tailoring now though.

6. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Matt pm'd me yesterday, and told me that there will be no shrinkage. Enjoy!

7. wj4

wj4 Senior member

That will work. Then I will wear my HorseHide MDR!

The only Epaulet pants that I am currently using at the moment are the Olive Service Pants. They feel great. The only thing I did was had them hemmed.

My gunmetal chinos are at the tailor's at the moment. Those feel a bit tighter than the Service Pants, around the waist at least, even though they're the old model. But it's just a wee bit tighter...nothing discomforting.

My Moss Bedford and French Blue chinos are at the dry cleaner's. I will drop them off to be tailored in several days.

Sometimes I wish I was local to Epaulet so I can walk in to try stuff. But I would probably be super broke because of that! :embar:

The pants all feel great to me since I like slim pants. Most pants OTR, I would take them to be essentially recut by my tailor. They would open up the waist, take out the rear, take out the seat, taper the thighs.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012

8. dgonsh

dgonsh Senior member

Matt pm'd me that all the french blue's reserves are spoken for. sigh. does that mean no french blue's will be made available online as theyre all spoken for? or will it just be a free-for-all once theyre online?

9. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

Mike/Matt - Any shorts (rivets or modified walts) in the works? I wore my patchwork madras shorts to a bbq last weekend as it was nearly 80deg here. Love those shorts, so perfect for lazy summer days. I'm tempted to pickup the tangerine walts and hem them into shorts. Would that work?

10. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Picked up a cranberry plaid buttondown and japanese paisley in the sale section...:slayer:

Also have my french blues getting the waist taken out, will get them tonight...:slayer::slayer:

11. unclesam099

unclesam099 Senior member

It might work but the thing with trousers vs. shorts is that trousers are much slimmer in the thigh than shorts. They may look really off.

12. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

This. Depends on how they fit in the thigh...and if you do decide, make sure you err on the side of too long...that way they can always be shortened if its not right.

13. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Thanks Mike, PM sent. I've got my fingers crossed it's just an error with the driver incorrectly marking it as delivered!

14. applky

applky Senior member

This is why I have more Walts than rivets. Still, with the seam allowances and new construction of the rivets, it's frankly unbelievable what the chinos buy you.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012

15. nbernie

nbernie Senior member

Just got the seersucker walts. Had my eye on them and the price drop made me jump. Very excited :slayer:

Over the last 2 years I've only ever gotten winter weight walts. Word is summer fabrics make up a little looser right?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012