1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Whoa, those look killer with the dark brown duck canvas...I may have to place an order for that new duck color instead of the chocolate ripstops. I love me some duck canvas. If I place a special order for those, is there any chance I can get a pair in moss or desert as well? I've been waiting a while for those colors to come back in stock, I'm hoping they might be at the factory soon with fall right around the corner.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  2. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

We gotta rock these on the same day homie...coast to coast represent.
    I remember how badly my shoulder hurt when I first started to learn to shoot...double barreled shot...I sprayed EVERYWHERE the first few times. I was an ace with the .22 from the start though. Must have been all the practice as a teenager with the bb gun. Today I was horsing around in the Blue Gingham in the Boogie Down: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. steve2318

steve2318 Senior member

Mike and Applky - Thank you for the response on the Indy Boot!

1 person likes this.
  4. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Nice pics. The cognac pair does look good in those pics. How did you boys size them compared to say your Carminas?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  5. pekingman

pekingman Well-Known Member

The sport trainers are looking good. I notice though that for all of them there is no size US12/EU44.5 ... Is that a glitch in the system - or did they already sell (or were they not ordered)?

6. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

The sizing equation

The sizing equation we have up is how most guys have sized. I'm a true US 9 and went with the 41.5, which is what we call a 9.

For reference I wear a UK8 in laced Carmina shoes.

Ah, sorry about that. We were short shipped an entire box and only got a pair or two of that size. We sold a few pairs the day they arrived and a guy actually bought a couple of pairs.

That said, we have another production run in the works already and I think the balance of our first run should be with them.

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

NYI, that beard is looking grizzly! Nice

1 person likes this.
  8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Dang, the dudes are killing it with the trainer outfits!

Rob: haha at the camo idea. I'm down.

1 person likes this.
  9. stlms3

stlms3 Senior member

Dark brown duck canvas?! I am excited! The one color pant I wish you had more of (so I could have more of) is brown! I'm guessing you will get it in Walt eventually too?

10. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

Another fit. I haven't taken these shoes off except for sleeping last night:

[​IMG]

Southwick Caine Navy Wool/Cotton/Cashmere
    EP University Stripe shirt
    Epaulet Cognac Italian Trainer

3 people like this.
  11. NewYorkIslander

You wear those well Matt.

1 person likes this.
  12. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Mike, you are killing me! A day after I order my Chocloate rip stops you drop a brown duck rivet. I guess I am going from zero to two brown pants in the same week. Epaulet! (Said in Seinfeld, Newman voice)

13. metalleka

metalleka Active Member

[​IMG]

Hey guys, just wanted to show you what happened with my Natural Chromexcel belt this morning. It seems the glue holding the two straps together somehow failed. You think I should get this glued / reassembled or should I just ask a local leatherworker to put in a couple of studs to hold it together?

Cheers

14. NewYorkIslander

A quick and relatively cheap fix is to have a shoemaker stitch the belt...looks cool too.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  15. sharkminusbear

sharkminusbear Senior member

Mine did the same thing, haven't gotten it fixed yet. The brown chromexcel belt I have didn't have this problem. Let us know how it turns out.

16. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I've been wearing the hell out of all my EP belts - western print, brown CXL, natural CXL, unfinished bridle leather. Pretty much every day for the past 2 years I've worn one of these. They've all held up very well, especially considering the amount of times each of them has been worn.

Today I'm wearing the natural CXL, which is probably my most worn belt, and this is the only one that's starting to have a problem - it looks like the 2 pieces of leather are starting to pull apart from each other right at the spot where it's buckled. Apologies in advance for the crotch shot below. I'm going to keep wearing this thing until it completely falls apart, and if it ever does I'm going to get it fixed and keep wearing it :)

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. meso

meso Senior member

Yup, my natural CXL belt had the same issue.
    Adele suggested a local fix. Ended up being $12 repair where additional stitching was added.
    You may be able to DIY it with contact cement, which works well on leather, but I would want the stitching reinforcement.

18. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Frost chambray is nice. [​IMG]

anymore chambrays for the fall? will kop them all

19. eddiemczee

eddiemczee Senior member

Hey all,

Thought I would offer this to the thread first before posting in the marketplace. Due to some upcoming vacation plans, I've decided to sell the pair of Khaki Regimental Twills that I picked up in the sale to get a little extra spending cash. They are a size 32 and are still fresh in the box and waiting to be hemmed. I'm selling them at the sale price I picked them up for at $95 plus shipping. If you're interested, send me a PM!

20. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

My natural CXL also did the same - went the cement route via my shoe repair place but it didn't hold. Doesn't seem like laminated leather and lining stays together well without stitching and since the brown CXL belt (which I have too) is a single piece, there's nothing to separate.