• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hey Mike, the new shirts look great. Is the sizing chart on the website commensurate with the actual sizes of the current shirting or the sizes the way they were supposed to be?

Thank you! The current sizing reflects the actual shirts that we have now. When the second round comes in, we'll change the size chart.

The actual patterns and proportions are exactly what they should be on every shirt, it's just that the tagging, and therefore the order quantity, was done incorrectly. So subsequent rounds will have the same fit and dimensions, it's just that the current Medium will be tagged a Large when the second round comes in - making it jive better with our in-house shirts and outerwear.

Mike, could you chime in on that?

Oh yes, sorry. For casual, what are you thinking? For the near term, we're going to expand the oxford into at least one or two more colors, and bring in more Thomas Mason patterns. But we could theoretically do anything, so provided that everyone digs the new line and the new fit (we've gotten great feedback so far), we can certainly offer a lot more options in the future.

The Thomas Mason thing was very exciting for me. There's several levels of quality within their line, and this "superfine" pima is at the top. It really feels incredible. I've been alternating the tattersall and gingham shirts ever since the collection was delivered. There's a lot of varieties that we can choose from for upcoming deliveries.

How do you guys feel about striped oxfords?

Simplicio

Reaction score
Re: Navy Label shirts. I think the fabrics look great. But the shorter sleeves mean that they probably won't work for me. That isn't a criticism, I just hope we still get good stuff in the traditional Epaulet cut.

Striped oxfords can be good. But I'm still hoping for a light pink OCBD. OK, I'll shut up about that now.

bullswin

Reaction score

Re: Navy Label shirts. I think the fabrics look great. But the shorter sleeves mean that they probably won't work for me. That isn't a criticism, I just hope we still get good stuff in the traditional Epaulet cut.

I'm actually in the opposite boat. I'd like to order the new Navy Label as I need shirts with a slightly fuller cut (22" chest measurement), but... I'm also short (5' 7"), which means the shoulder/sleeve/length measurements are all a hair too long (assuming I don't tuck in the shirt).

Last edited:

Racing Green

Reaction score

Haven't bought a shirt in months but I think that's about to change. Love this tattersall.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Mike-
I had a few questions re: Navy Label shirts.
Is the oxford cloth the same as used in your other in-house shirts?

If I wear a size Medium I should purchase a Small, correct? Will the Small have a P2P measurement of 20" or 21"?

Thx.

ElDave

Reaction score
I just got my camel hair sport coat and herringbone suit and... DUDE

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a pair of the light grey flannel cargo pants in 34 for sale?
I missed them in the Epaulet sale...

imolazhp_ci

Reaction score

Love striped oxfords...unfortunately, I also love 31" sleeves. :confused:

exactly. i think the sleeves on the shirts are oddly long relative to the neck size... all about an inch or so too long. a 15" neck should have about 33" sleeves for an OTR shirt.

Last edited:

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

exactly. i think the sleeves on the shirts are oddly long relative to the neck size... all about an inch or so too long. a 15" neck should have about 33" sleeves for an OTR shirt.

Come on fellas...Stop discriminating against tall people (and I am only 6'3). When it comes to sleeve length its much better to err on the long side as opposed to shorter sleeves, which make a shirt unwearable unless you roll the sleeves up. And you can always make shirt sleeves shorter, you can't lengthen. The Ashland would be the perfect off the rack shirt if the sleeves were only an inch longer.

Its a real shame that the Navy Label has such a short sleeve length -- those Thomas Mason fabrics look sick.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
Thanks mostly to the new website sale, I have 5 shirts and a pair of Walts coming this week. My closet is pretty much packed with Epaulet stuff now so I probably will need slow down on the Epaulet purchases in the foreseeable future. Just want to give the Epaulet crew another shout out on the great customer service. I brain farted on the shipping location for the latest order and sent an email asking if they can change the shipping address. They did just that without any delays in getting my order shipped. Thanks guys!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads