• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you'll let us know as soon as there's more info, but I gotta ask...any updates at all on the elusive Ravello Brixton? I think I remember someone posting in the Alden thread a couple months ago that Alden was finally able to source some Ravello hides from Horween. Not sure if anyone was able to actually validate that tho...

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This should be our next contest. Funniest Epaulet BRoll shot (with caption).

I am down for this.

Carmel Ducks today:
tumblr_mbn0txJpWD1rux7jzo1_1280.jpg

runningfrog

Reaction score

I'm sure you'll let us know as soon as there's more info, but I gotta ask...any updates at all on the elusive Ravello Brixton? I think I remember someone posting in the Alden thread a couple months ago that Alden was finally able to source some Ravello hides from Horween. Not sure if anyone was able to actually validate that tho...

+1. i've retained my spot on the pre-order...although several times i've thought about releasing it to buy other boots. i'm hopeful they will go into production soon, but i think the carmina ruby mto will arrive before the ravello brixtons.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi gents,

Should I wash and hang dry a pair of Rivet chinos before I drop these off for tapering and hemming?

thanks

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Taupe heavyweight twills chinos and airforce blue flannels arrived today. Both look great. Looking forward to a wash and dry on the twills, which are quite substantial. Should wear them shortly and will post one of those "here are my legs" photos or such. Barn red bedford cords should be hot on this delivery's heels. Excellent.

neutrino

Reaction score
Should I get a usual shipping confirmation when factory finds preorder is ready and shipped, if I paid via paypal?

Last edited:

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my Factory Finds dove linen Walts in the mail today. Thanks, you guys! The linen trousers are dry clean only, correct? I may actually need to have them let out a bit -- they seem to fit a shade tighter than my wool Walts.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't get one. I'm sure you can ask Adele to find the tracking number for you, though.

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Anniversary Mike and Adele! All the best to you!
Just received the Airforce Flannel and Medium Gray Flannel from the last Factory Finds - awesome! Just ordered 4 more!!! I was going to do 2, but they're such great trousers at such a great pricepoint. Keep this up, you've got my business for each order.
And eagerly awaiting the Eisenhower that should be here tomorrow or the next day.!! Hoping it won't be too short on me, it looks killer on the website.

Thanks for picking everything up! Really happy that you dig the Factory Finds! So many gnarly fabrics and a lot more coming! And you're SERIOUSLY going to fall in love with the Eisenhower, it's pretty much perfect.

is there a difference between the uk donegal tweed salt and pepper and the grey donegal tweed? they look nearly identical to me.

The Grey Donegal (Italian) and Salt and Pepper are similar, yet different, beasts. The Italian Donegal is a bit more subdued and the different flecks aren't quite as apparent. The Salt and Pepper has a ton of character and is a bit more pronounced. Neither of them are loud, per se, but the UK Donegals are some of my favorite fabrics that we've ever used.

Sir, have I missed the size Small cardigans this season or do I still have a chance to pick one up soon? The v-necks are fantastic but I promised myself a cardigan.
I'm not used to competing for smalls!

Oh, not even close! We'll have cardigans aplenty in the coming weeks.

I am down for this.
Carmel Ducks today:
tumblr_mbn0txJpWD1rux7jzo1_1280.jpg

That's a seriously ass-kicking combo! Gotta love a good bomber and understated cool.

Hi gents,
Should I wash and hang dry a pair of Rivet chinos before I drop these off for tapering and hemming?
thanks

^ Yes. Shrinkage should be minimal, but better safe than sorry.

He nailed it.

Most of the fabrics we use have little to no shrinkage. That said, I would definitely give them a wash/hang dry just to rule out any at all. The duck canvas hasn't seemed to shrink at all (I own the pair we tested after we started using the fabric), but some of the 8oz canvas will shrink a little in the inseam.

Taupe heavyweight twills chinos and airforce blue flannels arrived today. Both look great. Looking forward to a wash and dry on the twills, which are quite substantial. Should wear them shortly and will post one of those "here are my legs" photos or such. Barn red bedford cords should be hot on this delivery's heels. Excellent.

Thank you, sir! Glad you dig the brushed twill!

Should I get a usual shipping confirmation when factory finds preorder is ready and shipped, if I paid via paypal?
Got my Factory Finds dove linen Walts in the mail today. Thanks, you guys! The linen trousers are dry clean only, correct? I may actually need to have them let out a bit -- they seem to fit a shade tighter than my wool Walts.
Ditto on this - I also sent an email in to check on the status.

Hey guys, we've shipped out most of the Walt Factory Finds. A freaking TON of boxes went out today via USPS and UPS. The rest will go out tomorrow (and Rudy orders tomorrow and Thursday). If you pay with Paypal, you'll get a tracking number when the label is generated. If you haven't gotten one, shoot me a PM and I'll get you sorted out.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Under 60 degrees in NYC, so I broke out the purple shetlands -- been waiting for an excuse to wear them. They're surprisingly soft for a chunky shetland tweed!

I own around 15 pairs of walts, 5 of which are tweeds. Need a 12-step program for tweed pants.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Perfect Pocket Knife for Walt Trousers

Well, this is a little off-topic, but I was sharpening this item earlier today and I realized how much I freaking like it. Given how well it fits with our trousers, I figured that I'd put together some pictures and a recommendation.

I love pocket knives. I may own over 20 of them. I picked this one up about six months ago, and it quickly became my favorite. The brand is called "Mcusta," and it's made in Japan.

As you guys can see, we get a LOT of product here at Epaulet. There's always plenty of boxes to open, so I typically carry a small knife with me every day to work. But this has been the first one that feels comfortable to really carry all of the time. It fits perfectly into the small interior coin pocket that's built into every Walt & Rudy trouser, and it's an ideal balance of being heavy enough to be substantial while you use it but light enough that it's easy to forget that you're carrying it. They make this model in a ton of different styles and materials, but this one is my favorite - the cool damascus steel blade and the etched bamboo handle. The price on this was really fair.

I'd recommend this piece to both veteran and virgin pocket knife owners alike. It's tiny, so you won't be using it for any Crocodile Dundee-ish self defense scenarios, but it's incredibly useful in all sorts of daily cutting tasks. If you've never carried a small knife on you, you'll be surprised how much often it comes in handy.

These are generally available online, but I bought mine from a US-based seller on Ebay. If you search for Mcusta knives on there, you can find quite a bit, and you should be all good if you buy it from a seller with decent feedback.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads