1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. oisin

oisin Senior member

wheat linen walts. still need to get my dove grey ones hemmed.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  2. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Any timeline on a restock of lavender OCBD? Now that MTO is on hold, that's not an option...

3. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Should be soon, I know that we've got that on order. Less than a month at max.

Two banging Summertime looks!

Sure, it's going to fall right between 34 and 36. Rivet Patterns are done on an automatic cutting machine, so it really will split the difference. You might get a little variance (0.25" or so) when it's actually sewn and put together, but the cutting is really precise.

Thank you and congrats! Matt will be in contact with you shortly on the prize trousers.

4. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Wearing my duck Rivet chinos today and I've got to say that the Rivets are the best fitting pants that I own. I'm lucky that all the measurements are perfect for me and all I have to worry about is the length. Makes me hesitate to even consider any other place to shop for chinos or trousers!

1 person likes this.
  5. wj4

wj4 Senior member

The Epaulet Kilt Loafers today
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  6. nd1nd2nd3

nd1nd2nd3 Well-Known Member

Any other madras or linen shirts coming for summer?

7. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

You guys weren't the only ones excited about the Smith Jean's return! Snagged a navy pair IMMEDIATELY.

[​IMG]

Ashland Blue/White/Grey University Stripe
    Epaulet Smith Jean Washed Navy Duck Canvas

Also, I figured one of you guys may be interested. I'm trying to unload a pair of Fitzgerald's in Chocolate Calfskin UK7.5/US8.5. I haven't worn these in months and realized I much prefer slip-on shoes.
    PM me for details. NYC meet-up actually preferred.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

I have a quick question for you guys who wear Rudy's. The Rudy is the perfect fit for me. How do the Rivet's fit compared to the Rudy? I would like to get some of the casual pants but am afraid the Rivet will be too slim. Appreciate the input.

9. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

You will most likely need to size up from your tagged Rudy size to account for the slimmer thigh and top block on the rivet chinos. One tagged size will probably be sufficient, but it's best to compare the measurements of your Rudys to the posted ones for whichever RCs you're considering.

10. jah786

jah786 Senior member

stmaier,

I wear a 34 Rudy. For Rivets, I've found that if the fabric is light weight and has a little give like the 7 oz canvas (merlot, french blue, etc), then I can get away with the 34 Rivet, but I'm more comfortable in a 36 Rivet that has been taken in about a size, which is basically like a 35 Rivet. Taking in the Rivet is an added cost, so I would consider getting the Rivet one size up from your Rudy size, e.g. if you are 34 Rudy, get a 35 Rivet. I have not ordered a 35 Rivet yet, but I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on a test pair. Now that I think about it, a 35 Walt might work for me as well, and I would be interested in comparing look and feel to my 34 Rudy.

Hope that helps.

11. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

[Problem resolved, sorry.]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  12. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Epaulet'd out for a wedding. Best OTR fit I can hope for in a jacket.

Weller in medium grey 120s
    Pinpoint blue Oxford
    Alden ravello captoe boots

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. thecool85

thecool85 Senior member

I'd go this route without hesitation as the 35s fit me really well in the thigh and seat, and there's less fabric to take in. It's just the stone wash is part of the appeal for me. I'll think on it a little more before I pull the trigger.

Oh and Congrats to ReedCA! I can't wait to see how those pants come out.

14. US Grant

US Grant Senior member

Damn son. Looks like I need to start looking into the Weller more seriously.

Straight steeze.

15. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

This is good advice. I had been wearing 33 Rudy/34 Rivet, both with no tailoring and they both fit pretty similarly. I'm finding now that they're all getting really tight in the thigh/butt area, but they all still fit great in the waist. So with my most recent orders, I'm trying 34 Rudy and both 35 and 36 Rivet, and I'll just get the waist taken in on all of them.

A lot of my 33 Rudys I kept and I'm going to get the thighs let out a bit. I have so many pairs in fabrics that are no longer available, so I couldn't bring myself to let go of the ones I couldn't buy again in a bigger size. I'll be able to report back in 4-6 weeks when I get all my new pants :)

16. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

+1 to sizing up from Rudy to Rivet Chino. I wear a size 34 in the Rudy. I went to Epaulet today and tried on the Rivet Chino in sizes 34 and 36. The size 34 was too small in the waist by about an inch, and the thighs were snug. The size 36 was big all around. I think the size 35 might be just right. The rise is significantly lower on the Rivet Chino -- it sits near the hips -- so that takes some getting used to.

17. hanoiboy

hanoiboy Senior member

[​IMG]

Any chance of having a MTO re-run on this?

18. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Whoa, that is sharp!

I don't believe so, we've got the bulk of our summer-ish shirts in now. We're still scheduled to get short sleeves. I'm going to see if we can get our hands on some more madras through for an early July delivery.

19. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

20. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

If you're look for new old stock madras try O'Connells.