1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

Oh yes - and the caramel calf on the Alt Wien is actually a bit different. It's a "natur" leather that's treated with a top finish to be more water resistant. It's pretty common with Austro-Hungarian shoes due the horrendous weather for a good part of the year over there. We gave that particular shoe that finish to keep it real.

2. frivmo

frivmo Senior member

Weather like today's in NYC has me wondering when short-sleeve shirts are dropping. Soon, I hope!

3. slimandnone

slimandnone Active Member

Keeping it real is important. I like the look of the caramel, but I have another pair of shoes in a similar color, and I like the look of that brown CXL in terms of cooler weather wear.

4. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Ripstop Rivets are up. Olive looks sweet.

5. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Looking forward to the washed canvas jeans. Hoping they still drop today

6. tricky

tricky Senior member

Nori Walts just arrived. What a nice colour!

[​IMG]

7. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

8. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

All the ripstops look really nice. I have a feeling NYI may have already picked up a pair or two in store this week :) would live to hear more about how they wear and how they feel in person.

9. stlms3

stlms3 Senior member

Alright, so I started collecting some sport coats after i kopped this navy hopsack a couple of months ago. I am really glad that I did too because a basic navy coat makes it much easier to wear loud pants. My two preferred ways to dress are either all subtle browns, greens, blues and grays (I think jake from downeastandout has amazing style); or to wear one loud piece (like these chinos) and tone it down with subtle basic colors and patterns.I have a pair of FF check wool trousers that I did not wear once last year cuz they were just too loud for me, but I am pretty sure that now that I am wearing a coat everyday, I will be rocking them all next winter!

southwick for micheal kuhl hopsack navy
    and the leaf rivets... man I wish I could justify the leaf side tabs too, but loud pants like these are every other week tops for me, and I don't wear them at all in the winter. I did get hit on by a pretty hot (and absolutely crazy) stripper today when I wore them, so maybe I should wear them more. She loved them... too bad stuff like that never happens when your single :/

[​IMG]
    Caption: must appear serious when shooting fit pics for the interwebs

Open to criticisms, though I will say the length of the pants is a little better than it looks. And yeah, my sleeves on my shirt are like 1" too short.

Interestingly, I did need to have this jacket tapered, while it was not necessary for my weller navy120s

1 person likes this.
  10. stlms3

stlms3 Senior member

brown and olive ripstops may make a great weekend casual pant since there are no linen rivets.

11. tricky

tricky Senior member

^^ I think that's a great look. I would go with no break on the pants but that's minor. Well done.

1 person likes this.
  12. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Completely agree. I like the look as well but would probably taper the pants a bit to remove extra fabric around the knee and remove the break

Last edited: May 30, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  13. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

I apologize to the community for being uninformed but are the various offerings tailored or made to measure?

14. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

stlms3: I'm bothered by exactly none of what you mention. I like the look, trousers included. Adjust as you see fit.

1 person likes this.
  15. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

before i put my order in, any shirts dropping today or soon?

16. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

disagree on the no-break thing being applied to chinos. if anything those are slightly too short but I'd certainly say leave them where they are before hemming them any higher.

2 people like this.
  17. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

Hell yeah, you answered my call with those duck jeans! Now to decide which color to try first...

18. stlms3

stlms3 Senior member

thanks for the input guys. I appreciate it... i like the different schools of thought on the break.

19. tricky

tricky Senior member

Looks great either way so it's just your personal preference...

1 person likes this.
  20. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Mike,

Love the new Smith options that went up! How do you recommend sizing compared to 8 oz. Rivet sizing?