Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. wj4

wj4 Senior member

A co-worker of mine is from Minneapolis and she stated there were tube-like walkways connecting buildings together so you don't have to walk out in the blistering cold. I looked it up...pretty cool stuff!

Here's to cooler winter so I can wear more stuff aside from t shirt and light weight pants.

2. trig

trig Senior member

reminds me of downtown houston's tunnel system to keep out of the heat.

3. dahl5yankees

dahl5yankees Senior member

known as "Skyways" the indoor passages go over the downtown roads =)

4. ElDave

ElDave Senior member

One of my clients in Minneapolis told me she doesn't usually wear a coat in the winter. She starts her day in a heated garage at home, parks in a heated garage at work, walks across the heated skyways, then does the same in reverse. Makes us Chicago folk look like dummies.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  5. K. Nights

K. Nights Senior member

Minneapolis resident here. I've already had to wear a hat and scarf a couple of times this season. The peacoat is coming out any day now.

6. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

It's not cold in LA yet, but you can find it less than a couple hours away...

[​IMG]
    epaulet
    uniqlo
    epaulet x thorogood

Big Bear, CA

7. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Ventured up north for a friend's wedding this past weekend....luckily the wedding was on Friday before it got really cold. But, it was under 50 degrees when we left town on Sunday - even though I lived most of my life in the northeast, I'm a southerner now, I can't handle the cold like I used to!

Wearing the Oxford Grey Flannels here:

[​IMG]

8. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

You guys look great BG. Gotta be honest, I'd never be able to live in the south...the thought of keeping my flannel and tweed away for 10 months is depressing...
    Here's a shot of me and the Mrs (in the Ep Shirt dress from yesterday)
    [​IMG]

If it looks like we were stuffed in a corner, we were...Abby Caddaby at the birthday party and the swarm of 2-6 year old was worse than a late 90's mosh pit.

9. thecool85

thecool85 Senior member

We have some good looking couples in this thread. Especially now that Beatlegeuse and his girl worked out a pose that doesn't make it look like they have the same arm [​IMG]. All joking aside though, that's the Christmas card pic right there, man. You guys look great. And I'm loving that jacket.

10. mothball

mothball Senior member

Mike or Adele--are the butterscotch canvas Walts a normal stock item? I'll probably pick up a second pair now if they'll be going away anytime soon. Thanks!

11. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Looking sharp everyone!

12. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Yes, you should be able to shorten them either at the cuff or at the shoulder without a problem. That said, they end in a button cuff, so if they're a little long (like they are on me) you most likely won't notice it. The cuff stays securely at your wrist, and the sleeve just naturally bunches a bit. If you're talking an inch long or so, it will probably be fine just how it is.

Check you PM's - I've got something for you.

Those grape flannels look absolutely killer on you!

+1000 - you guys all look great!

Yes, but we'll most likely wait until March or so for the next restock. We tend to sell Butterscotch more in the Spring, Olive more in the Fall.

13. badsha

badsha Senior member

Mike do you know what the final price on these shoes were?

14. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

Mike,

we love that you carry Carmina. You should carry Vass, too. Those are the two makers I hope to add to my collection (which is pretty much Alden, AE and Red Wing now).

Eh, just a thought.

15. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Yes, they were $850 with the Carmina shoe trees included. I'm checking on leather availability to see if we can do another run for Jan-Feb. Would be great!

That's a GREAT thought. I love my Vass shoes. I've been in contact with them a few times, but it's tough. At this point, Vass isn't really set up to do a lot of wholesaling or exporting. The price would be very high, and the selection would be limited.

To anyone thinking about Vass shoes - the best way to get them is to fly to Budapest and buy them in person. Seriously. Budapest is an amazing and beautiful city in its own right, and getting your first pair of Vass is just the icing on the cake. When I lived in Vienna, I would go to Budapest every month or so, and it's got a special place in my heart.