• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS12

siglo vi

Reaction score
anyone know of any north american account getting the ghurka short in hawaiian print? Kinda slept on getting it from Endclothing and figured it
would pop up somewhere else... Thanks.

runningfrog

Reaction score
i ordered the white/yellow/pink floral shirt from nepenthes ny. i was on the fence at first, but daiki rocked it well and made it look very wearable.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shooting Jacket

Blue Cotton Cordlane - Nepenthes/Context/Mohawk/Portland Dry Goods
Khaki Cotton Oxford - Bloomingdale's/Bows + Arrows/Nepenthes/Oi Polloi
Lt. Blue Cotton Oxford - Nepenthes (SOLD OUT)/American Rag/The Bureau
Navy Cotton Oxford - Context/End Clothing/The Bureau

Ghurka Shorts

Khaki - Nepenthes/Drinkwater's/Jonathan + Olivia
Olive - Bloomingdale's/Canvas/Inventory/Jonathan + Olivia
Navy - Bloomingdale's/Inventory/Odin
Grey Heather Cotton - Mohawk/Nomad
Natural/Black Peacock - Nepenthes/Bloomingdale's/Context/MAC/Mohawk/Tres Bien
Charcoal Tropical Wool - Nomad
Tan/Green/Blue Hawaiin Print - Nepenthes/End/Tres Bien

Via http://nepenthesnewyork.blogspot.com/2012/02/in-stock-in-picturesengineered-garments.html

a4feaa92.jpg

db7459fc.jpg

b8d31e1e.jpg

5d767340.jpg

1624d1cf.jpg

c8af6f70.jpg

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
question for e.g. experts out there who've handled cotton bedfords from past seasons. how dark is the navy normally? i just bought one off a seller which was supposedly navy blue but appears black to me...

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course Nomad, with their ridiculous shipping policy, is the only store carrying the tropical wool fabric.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

timpo, glad to see you still repping EG

Thanks!

question for e.g. experts out there who've handled cotton bedfords from past seasons. how dark is the navy normally? i just bought one off a seller which was supposedly navy blue but appears black to me...

They're a very dark navy. Put it against something black and you'll then be able to notice the difference, but against all other colors is basically black.

Berlin Atze

Reaction score
Hi guys, a humble request. I know this question has been asked for previous seasons, but could someone please provide a quick overview for the silhouette of the current range of EG jackets? By that I mean, how do they compare in terms of length in the body and being on the boxy vs. the slimmer side?

Maybe, someone could reorder this list from shortest / boxiest to longest / slimmest:

Landsdown
Bedford
Baker
Andover
Brookline

Any help will be much appreciated!

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks!
They're a very dark navy. Put it against something black and you'll then be able to notice the difference, but against all other colors is basically black.

thanks for the info. i'll have to look at it again later tonight. it is very hard to tell though. is there any way to tell on the tags which color it is?

astris

Reaction score

My SS2011 navy Bedford would not be confused with black. It's closer to raw denim or like a navy chino (color is pretty close to my navy canvas EP Rivet chinos).

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
someone on sufu says mine may be from fw, not sure if they made a cotton one in fw, but maybe it was darker in color than the ss? idk i'm confused as hell.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

someone on sufu says mine may be from fw, not sure if they made a cotton one in fw, but maybe it was darker in color than the ss? idk i'm confused as hell.

Put a picture up and I might be able to help you. As far back as I can remember, EG has never made a Black Bedford. Dark Charcoal, Yes! My Navy Cotton Bedford is very Dark Navy.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an old black ripstop cotton bedford, but it's true a lot of Daiki's navies are borderline black. Really, even if you know it's blue against true black, if it always looks black, it's sort of.... effectively black.

That's the way the navy maine guides from wwm are, and I just shrug and wear it with black stuff and browns etc. *******.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the photo the seller provided:
ZBA4N.png

I'll try to get my own sometime tomorrow.

Thanks for the help Gary!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads