1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments SS12

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

What better time than now to start looking forward those balmy days of Summer when the Winter chill eeks its way to the bone. Although there is nothing like layering the Parka over the Vest over the Flannel over the Henley but there is something to having barely nothing on but a single layer and a warm breeze. Well, enough romanticizing and denial of the present, so let the party begin. With one month away from the various fashion weeks, when designers showcase there inspirations, we will be sure to get sneak peeks of things to come. Workwear as a whole is not waining and boutique manufacturing in the US is gaining strength, so we should see new players in the field that compliment what EG has inspired. As always, I will assist in any way possible to obtain what you cannot find from others and we will post up our selections when the time is right.

2. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

Trust me when I say there are a lot more floral prints this SS12.

3. Oldboy

Oldboy Senior member

I'm hoping EG does the CPO shirt in cotton twill or something similar. Last spring's version used a brushed poplin fabric that just didn't feel right...kinda felt like 60/40 fabric. Either way, a new season of Engineered Garments is always exciting :slayer:

4. slide13

slide13 Senior member

I would really like some good basic short options. I have pants covered, and same with shirts, but could really use a couple pair of good shorts. I have a pair of fatigue shorts from a few seasons back that I like but are just a bit on the short side. Another 1" of inseam and they would be perfect. A really cool and easy to wear floral pattern workshirt might be nice too.

5. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Moar blazers and sports inpired pants!!

6. JOA

JOA Senior member

Always excited for S/S EG. From the images I've seen thus far, expect lots o' dots.

7. racknac

racknac Senior member

When is drinkwaters going to put their FW11 on sale?

8. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

Traditionally, the end of January.

9. tangential

tangential Senior member

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  10. slide13

slide13 Senior member

11. slide13

slide13 Senior member

I'm liking the look of SS12 so far. Seems a more buttoned up and polished EG then the previous SS season. Fits are more contained, less of that EG anit-fit I've seen in the past. Some good colors, patterns and textures going on.

Want list so far includes the red stitch chambray workshirt, navy/yellow madras workshirt, fatigue pants in khaki and navy (finally a trimmer fit fatigue pant....I've been waiting for that!), and the ghurka shorts (and maybe whatever those other shorts are that have the same pocket setup as the desert pants). More than I thought I would want from this season, the fatigue pants are a very welcome surprise.

12. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

13. prurient

prurient Senior member

I'm really happy for my wallet. Seems like the only thing I might really desire (aka not yet own) are the bird-portlandia-print Gurka shorts. All the jackets have been done before (and definitely not a fan of the camo-reversible Brookline) and I've finally learned the lesson (after a few straight-to-ebay purchases) that floral shirts, as pretty as they are, are quite hard to pull off.

14. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

You could pull off florals easily.

So far im kinda disappointed with what I've seen, a bit boring..

15. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

nm. just saw the lookbook :fistbump:

Shoulder hoodie rerun is good to hear + new camo colorway :slayer:

16. Oldboy

Oldboy Senior member

Yeah, I haven't seen anything yet that's a must have

The Angler shirt looks good

Agreed on the floral prints :uhoh:

As always, I'll probably pick up a workshirt. They're my favorite shirts ever, I think I have at least a dozen now.

17. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

I was hoping they would do a SS Brookline, but not a fan of the camo.. Hope there's alternatives

18. astris

astris Senior member

Is it just me, or do the workshirts look more FW than the current FW workshirts?

I do need some earth tones, but I'm not usually feeling that in middle of summer.

19. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Fan of the chambray polka dots and the light blue fatigue pants. Newport pants too.

20. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

[​IMG]

wow. i may have to hold off my fw blazer purchase for this.