• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS12

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, EG does fit a little narrow in the shoulder, all part of their fit I think. I can usually fit ok in a large though (and I'm a large in Gitman as well), I guess I've gotten used to it. This season is slim though, I'm still considering the natural workshirt but I will need to size up to an XL in that one I think.

wearing my khaki Douglas shirt today for the first time, I really do love this thing!

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2788.jpg

received my EG natural workshirt ... thing is sick! but after seeing the dayton shirt in khaki, i think i want that instead plus i already have the polka dot workshirt in same color but wiht dots

anyone know who will carry the dayton shirt in khaki?

if someone wants my workshirt in small let me know ... if not i might send it back to context and wait for the dayton :)

Last edited:

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kind of glad i don't have any money or else i'd blow it all on this collection.

may pick up some olive shorts though.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never tried on the CPO I'm afraid. The Douglas fits about the same as the FW11 workshirts (specifically the chambray as I found my flannel fit larger than my chambray) in the chest and shoulders, but more roomy in the lower section.

kingtimmy00

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Was trying to see if I could layer a same size work shirt underneath.

Never tried on the CPO I'm afraid. The Douglas fits about the same as the FW11 workshirts (specifically the chambray as I found my flannel fit larger than my chambray) in the chest and shoulders, but more roomy in the lower section.

kingtimmy00

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Was trying to see if I could layer a same size work shirt underneath.

kingtimmy00

Reaction score

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can but it would be snug if the workshirt is already a trim fit. I had mine on over a chambray earlier today and it was a little slim but doable.

kingtimmy00

Reaction score

astris

Reaction score

yeah, EG does fit a little narrow in the shoulder, all part of their fit I think. I can usually fit ok in a large though (and I'm a large in Gitman as well), I guess I've gotten used to it. This season is slim though, I'm still considering the natural workshirt but I will need to size up to an XL in that one I think.
wearing my khaki Douglas shirt today for the first time, I really do love this thing!

So you just wear them a little too narrow in the shoulders? All my Gitman mediums have wider shoulders than this EG large.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think they are too narrow to wear, they are just on the narrow side of what I find acceptable. My Gitmans on the other hand are on the wide side of what I find acceptable to wear. Both are the best overall fit options for me from the respective brands.

Najee D.

Reaction score
Definitely one of my favorite SS Collections in a while. However, my heart sunk to my knees when I noticed that we used a similar (or even the exact same) fabric on one of our SS shirts as EG. :embar: Otherwise, there's much too much to choose from to even pinpoint what I like this season. The stuff's just too damn good.

the_state

Reaction score
I need something in that Peacock print. Holy ****.

Anyone know the story with this shirt (style, print, stockists)?
f2e0d1c9.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads